BM leaps abd immobilization

Options
Saethos - Raging Tide
Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Quality Corner
Every once in a while (and by once in a while, I mean constantly) a BM will get immobilized. When immobilized, we can still move with Reckless Rush, Tiger Leap, or Leap Back. This is good for distance closing or escaping sticky situations.

However, if you are immobilized and use any of the leaps or even Reckless Rush, you are glitched and heed to fall an imaginary 6 inches despite being on the ground. This happens at complete random and I was wondering if there could be a fix to this. Instead, we must wit for this pesky immobilization, which if is long enough, kills our marrows and leads to death due to being unable to act while in the air.
It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
Post edited by Saethos - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I believe this mainly results from leaps causing you to move forward or backwards without considering your altitude. You are moved along the X and Z axis without any adjustments to the Y axis to ensure that you are on the ground.

While I have not played on a Blademaster in a while, I believe you can reproduce this problem with the following steps:
    1. Use a blademaster with leap forward and leap backwards.
    2. Find an uneven terrain. e.g. a hilly area.
    3. Stand at the crest of any part of uneven terrain. e.g. the top of said hill.
    4. Receive the immobilize status effect on you.
    5. Use Leap Forward or Leap Backwards.
    6. You will leap into the air, and remain stuck there.

Testing this on a hill will make this bug more visible. Similar problems can occur even on areas that does not appear very hilly. A minor change in altitude can cause major problems. This can happen uphill as well as down hill.

Additionally, this does not apply to only Blademasters. Similar problem occurs with a Wizard's Distance Shrink, a Sin's shadow jump/teleport, a seeker's void step, and archer's leaps.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Don't forget the times where we're frozen, even on even ground, and Tiger Leap will not work. This happens sometimes with Leap Back but much less often.
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Also on the subject of leaps. Besides this issue there still glitched so after you use 1 leap you have to move before using the other which is a pain when you get immobilized and wanna use another leap.
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I think they should just let you fall to the ground when stunned or immobilized (as long as you don't have aerogear in use). Being suspended in the air in some weird anti-gravity state from being stunned makes no sense and looks kinda stupid. It's why we're seeing glitches like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I think they should just let you fall to the ground when stunned or immobilized (as long as you don't have aerogear in use). Being suspended in the air in some weird anti-gravity state from being stunned makes no sense and looks kinda stupid. It's why we're seeing glitches like this.

Umm its a magically land not real life? so it actually makes sense that if u are magically frozen in place that the same magic will keep u frozen in the air too. ijs
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Umm its a magically land not real life? so it actually makes sense that if u are magically frozen in place that the same magic will keep u frozen in the air too. ijs

Because the laws of physics totally shouldn't apply just because the world is full of magic.

That's such a bs argument "oh it's magic, so all this should happen and we can disregard the laws of physics because MAGIC!"
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Ehh there isn't really any evidence it's intentional. There is no skill description in the game that mentions that it both stuns and casts a magical levitation spell.

I can't really imagine any class besides maybe psychics and wizards would be capable of performing a levitation spell. That's pretty advanced magic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Ehh there isn't really any evidence it's intentional. There is no skill description in the game that mentions that it both stuns and casts a magical levitation spell.

I can't really imagine any class besides maybe psychics and wizards would be capable of performing a levitation spell. That's pretty advanced magic.

Honestly i use said "quirk" to my advantage. Mainly when ppl know sins are around they start hoping around. mainly so that if said sin tele stuns they are out of range and that said sin needs to fly and gives them time to run away. however carefully used say with wings already out and suddenly they cant use there genie/skills or anything cause they are frozen in the jump animation. faith on genie? great still cant use it till u stop jumping b:pleased so for me its a curse (myself frozen in mid jump not being able to faith and get away) or a blessing. it may not be intentional but it has its uses ;o b:victory

Edit: Isnt me teleporting and stunning u magic? it is too me :D
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Edit: Isnt me teleporting and stunning u magic? it is too me :D

You use a wand to do that? I take advantage of it too. I also take advantage of veno pets getting stuck on uneven terrain. I take advantage of auto attacks improperly stacking with skill damage to bypass charm ticks. I'm honest about things though and can tell they are all stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

Hey bms float around on giant swords, how does that make sense?

Anyway, as a response to the initial complaint, you know this is an issue that may be experienced when you use leaps and are immobilized the same way that I do when I use distance shrink. It's a calculated risk that the chance of being frozen in air is worth the movement in which ever direction.

And besides, you can sleep someone and they stay hovering in the air, compared to that immobilize keeping you there makes perfect sense.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Hey bms float around on giant swords, how does that make sense?

Obviously Wizards enchanted the sword before selling it to the Blademaster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Oups_Dead - Harshlands
    Oups_Dead - Harshlands Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    tgat s not a bug it was intended
    wanna get rid of it go air fights
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    tgat s not a bug it was intended
    wanna get rid of it go air fights

Air or land combat makes little difference, you still get stuck.
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Obviously Wizards enchanted the sword before selling it to the Blademaster.

Hell no, wizzies are mad selfish. All my magic are belong to me. That's why we like genie spark, none of you can use it (except to a much lesser extent archers with blazing arrow, but whatever). f:money

• Arwia - Momaganon
    Arwia - Momaganon Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I think it's a bug... If i get immobilized on the ground, i can still attack just fine, if the target is in range. But if i get immobilized in the air i can't attack or port or do anything at all. That doesn't seem right to me.
  • y4kuzi
    y4kuzi Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    In my opinion you shouldn't be able to move at all.
    Leaps will make your character move.
    If you are immobilized, you shouldn't be able to move, no matter what.
    Same for teleports. It moves your character.

Just my opinion.
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I'll bring it up, thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    y4kuzi wrote: »
    In my opinion you shouldn't be able to move at all.
    Leaps will make your character move.
    If you are immobilized, you shouldn't be able to move, no matter what.
    Same for teleports. It moves your character.

Just my opinion.

It's really more like teleportation, just not to the degree of Assassins or Wizards.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

I always saw it as stuns being a magical wall that holds you in place regardless of where you are, so you will get stunned. Same goes for immobilization, but more like vines holding you in place wherever you are.

Maybe it's just me xD
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    I always saw it as stuns being a magical wall that holds you in place regardless of where you are, so you will get stunned. Same goes for immobilization, but more like vines holding you in place wherever you are.

Maybe it's just me xD

That'd be acceptable, if it applied 100% of the time. But it applies only in a handful of scenarios. Not to mention, freezes without being sealed or stunned preventing the use of leaps or teleportation ruins the entire point of even having them pretty much, and would make every class with a longrange freeze a little on the OP side since if the other person can't do anything to close or open the gap a bit they're just sitting ducks.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I think the easiest fix to this would be that being immobilized in the air should drop you to the ground. Make it so you can't move on the X and Y planes, but still mobile downward on the Z plane. However, not moving upward because that would cause people to jump...Then what good is it for a melee to immobilize a caster...
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Yeah, as a barb, I find flag carrying highly annoying in NW. Especially when you go to jump the gate, and you get helplessly stuck in the air, rotating like a wheel (barbs in tiger spin when they jump). I've found it so annoying, that I've even dubbed this as "The Wheel of Death". b:shocked

I totally agree that getting stunned, etc should make you fall to the ground, unless aerogear is in use. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Weiwei - Raging Tide
    Weiwei - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    they could just fix it as if it were archers leaps or wizard distance shrink, either of those classes have problems using those skills when immobilized, bms have problems leaping forward when being immobilized, normally it wouldnt happen when they leap back. so hopefully they can get that fixed one day.
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Frankly I like the fact that it holds you in the air. If you know you need to watch out for a sin you can't see, jumping becomes a viable defense. If they're trying to freeze you and you're a couple meters up, it becomes a lot harder for them to a) keep you stun locked and b) aps you. Same goes for bms, though bms aren't as sneaky. Just like anything else, there are ways that you can take advantage of it. Is it annoying when you get stun locked in the air, yes, but it's something you should kknow is a possibility whenever you leave the ground.

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Frankly I like the fact that it holds you in the air. If you know you need to watch out for a sin you can't see, jumping becomes a viable defense. If they're trying to freeze you and you're a couple meters up, it becomes a lot harder for them to a) keep you stun locked and b) aps you. Same goes for bms, though bms aren't as sneaky. Just like anything else, there are ways that you can take advantage of it. Is it annoying when you get stun locked in the air, yes, but it's something you should kknow is a possibility whenever you leave the ground.

Except when they freeze you a few meters above the ground with +2 range daggers. Then it becomes a major problem, ultimately it's a risk vs reward thing. Is it worth the chance of getting caught and being nearly defenseless in order to have a chance at rendering them unable to do anything for a while? As a human it's almost needless, as we have leaps to get out of range once we're frozen. Unless they're fast on the seal yo.