Is it possible to solo/duo pv without a purify weapon?

SinFulGodX - Sanctuary
SinFulGodX - Sanctuary Posts: 347 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Wizard
Build will be something like: tinyurl.com/sassywiz until i can get r9s3 weapon then set.

I was just wondering what pv would be like since i've never seen a non-purify wizard pv run :o

I may also duo with a r9 +11 full wiz sometimes and think that would easily be possible to do many runs :o

I'm just curious if my build would be able to solo and how many runs i would fit in f:grin
Post edited by SinFulGodX - Sanctuary on

Comments

• XStickyx - Heavens Tear
    XStickyx - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ofc you can solo pv with a wizard. You can solo pv with any class really, it would just take a while depending oh your abilty to pull. But I'm sure you can work something out with some apoth/genie and get some decent pulls with a +11 r9 wizard
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can definitely still solo without a purify wep, but it will probably take longer. There are a number of other videos where non-purify classes solo pv (the one I was thinking of was a seeker, I'm sure you could search forums/youtube for that one) and see how someone else does it. You'd just need to figure out a plan for surviving at the end (expel/ironguard probably), and use the rest of your genie/apoth for speed boosts just so long as you save a little bit for the end. This is just speculation, but I'd imagine it'd be possible to finish 4-5 runs without purify proc if you have a good genie plus you are efficient at pulling/killing the mobs.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Sassy/ss_ - Sanctuary49
    Sassy/ss_ - Sanctuary49 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can definitely still solo without a purify wep, but it will probably take longer. There are a number of other videos where non-purify classes solo pv (the one I was thinking of was a seeker, I'm sure you could search forums/youtube for that one) and see how someone else does it. You'd just need to figure out a plan for surviving at the end (expel/ironguard probably), and use the rest of your genie/apoth for speed boosts just so long as you save a little bit for the end. This is just speculation, but I'd imagine it'd be possible to finish 4-5 runs without purify proc if you have a good genie plus you are efficient at pulling/killing the mobs.

Ok ill need to mess around with first few tries :o

I can't use expel on my genie i dont think :s but i will be able to equip infinite proc weapon before mobs die to heal+max chi jsut b4 they die.
  • Mr_Lapp - Lost City
    Mr_Lapp - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was able to do pv a twice with Infinite Proc Weapon r8r but not as good as a Puri Proc Weapon. The only reason how I didn't die faster was cuz of Infinite Proc which proc's decent enough and kept me at full sparks even with Blink for 3 Spark Faith then DB
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i used to solo 3 runs in a row /day to get to 104
    (on +12 g16) using expel

+10 g16 wasnt strong enough to kill in time for expel. so im not sure if +11 rank9 is
    it should be

make sure to get a nice bunch of buffs and dont laag.
    mostly. dont laag
    i like potato