Consignment shop doesn't update bought items

Options
shaiyrdren
shaiyrdren Posts: 25 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Quality Corner
Categories: User Interface

Location: In terms of character location, I have only had this occur in West Archosaur in the midst of a bunch of other consignment shops. In terms of user interface location, it's the consignment shop window, buying items section.

Description: The consignment shop is sold an item but the item doesn't disappear from the consignment shop's buy section. This can cause a shop to show it as having an insufficient amount of coin to buy the items currently listed for buying, but the shop will still be up.

EXAMPLE: See steps below.

STEPS:

As stated, it is occassional and thus it's hard to pinpoint exact steps to reproduce this. These are the steps I know of

1. Set up a consignment shop (in a busy place?) buying an item with a stack size of 1.

2. Another player sells an item to the consignment shop.

RESULT:

This can lead to a state where my consignment shop doesn't have enough coin to buy the items I have listed in my consignment shop, but the shop looks to still be operational (e.g. my character is still a cat). Sometimes this item shows up in my inventory right away, while sometimes it doesn't show up until I relog the character.

Unfortunately I didn't keep a screenshot of this state, but will update if I see this happen again. I also unfortunately didn't think to see if I could still buy or sell items from my shop when in this state to see if this is an important bug or not.

This bug may not be important anymore for those with non-default consignment shops now with the "Vendor Settings" being available, but may still apply to "cat" shops or non-default shops that only have coins remaining (i.e. no Ten Million Big Note in their inventory).
Celestris - Twilight Temple
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    shaiyrdren wrote: »
    Categories: User Interface

Location: In terms of character location, I have only had this occur in West Archosaur in the midst of a bunch of other consignment shops. In terms of user interface location, it's the consignment shop window, buying items section.

Description: The consignment shop is sold an item but the item doesn't disappear from the consignment shop's buy section. This can cause a shop to show it as having an insufficient amount of coin to buy the items currently listed for buying, but the shop will still be up.

EXAMPLE: See steps below.

STEPS:

As stated, it is occassional and thus it's hard to pinpoint exact steps to reproduce this. These are the steps I know of

1. Set up a consignment shop (in a busy place?) buying an item with a stack size of 1.

2. Another player sells an item to the consignment shop.

RESULT:

This can lead to a state where my consignment shop doesn't have enough coin to buy the items I have listed in my consignment shop, but the shop looks to still be operational (e.g. my character is still a cat). Sometimes this item shows up in my inventory right away, while sometimes it doesn't show up until I relog the character.

Unfortunately I didn't keep a screenshot of this state, but will update if I see this happen again. I also unfortunately didn't think to see if I could still buy or sell items from my shop when in this state to see if this is an important bug or not.

This bug may not be important anymore for those with non-default consignment shops now with the "Vendor Settings" being available, but may still apply to "cat" shops or non-default shops that only have coins remaining (i.e. no Ten Million Big Note in their inventory).
    Got it, thanks for the awesome bug.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"