Cleric Buffs

Anarae_Xen - Sanctuary
Anarae_Xen - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Quality Corner
I have been playing PWI for a long time and this issue has been bought up before, we clerics would like our buffs to stack properly just like every other class. Magic Shell (squad/demon/sage version) last 1hr but if u recast the time doesnt reset so instead of lasting another hour it will run out 1hr after the original cast. We have been waiting a very long time for a fix for this minor issue and would appreciate if you could get round to finaly fixing it.
Post edited by Anarae_Xen - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have been playing PWI for a long time and this issue has been bought up before, we clerics would like our buffs to stack properly just like every other class. Magic Shell (squad/demon/sage version) last 1hr but if u recast the time doesnt reset so instead of lasting another hour it will run out 1hr after the original cast. We have been waiting a very long time for a fix for this minor issue and would appreciate if you could get round to finaly fixing it.

I never knew that, I agree that would be much nicer for the re-buff to replace the original and thus starting a new timer.
    It may also help that like when you hover over the buff, it not only shows what the buff is but how long it actually has remaining on you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Danoria_ - Lost City
    Danoria_ - Lost City Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Never actually realized this happened, but I definitely think I'm going to go test it. I frequently have people wanting rebuffs after instances and such to last them a while.

The cleric buff glitch I'd like fixed is the one where the effects/sound repeats until the cleric moves. I would imagine many clerics don't even realize it's happening until someone tells them to move. I noticed early on, just because I would hear it on my hubby's computer next to me. Personally, I'm not a fan of the effect sounds here, and the redundancy gets really annoying really quick, so it would be nice to have it fixed. Really not a huge issue, just an annoyance.
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Archer buffs exhibit the same behavior. Once we invoke the Wings of Protection buff, that clock will not reset.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Magic Shell bug got fixed a couple expansions ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Bezdna - Dreamweaver
    Bezdna - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This has been fixed for some time, unless it was broken again last night.

I believe the original intended purpose for making it this way was so that people could use apothecary items that grant buffs without overwriting the more powerful cleric buffs they had.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Magic Shell bug got fixed a couple expansions ago.

This.

From what I can recall, the overwrite timer buff was fixed, which also fixed the Dew of Star problem back then, where before the cleric magic shell had priority over Dew of Star, so Dew of Star buffed physical defense, but did not buff magical defense if you had the Cleric's Magic Shell buff on. But with that fix, it introduced another unintended bug, which was actually overwriting the cleric buff, such that when a Dew of Star (or similar apoth) was used, it got rid of the cleric buff after the duration.

The fix to that problem was on August 8th, 2012, which finally fixed this whole bug.
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I know the devs have talked about buffs overriding before but there were reasons why they didn't have the functionality be consistent across the board. I am not privy to that information, but it seems like your issue has been addressed based on the posts above me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This thread should be closed because this bug was fixed long time ago now. You can even use dew of star protection and you will get 2 magic defense buffs while the pot last. f:sweat