Public Quest 3 is glitched.

Options
VBloodFangv - Dreamweaver
VBloodFangv - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Quality Corner
Ever since the spring content update, Public Quest 3 has been glitched so that after each step is completed, you receive all the subquests, then they all immediately fail, and you have to go back to the start NPC to pick it back up again. In the squads I've done it with since the spring update, not everyone got the reward at the end either, or some got minimal reward despite being first for their class.

Screenshots:
http://i.imgur.com/THwUfiJ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wDQNCJX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WgelEkN.jpg
Post edited by VBloodFangv - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• defenderofdreams
    defenderofdreams Posts: 78
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Thank you for letting us know.
    We will start investigating it to find the root of the problem.
    We can't give a specific date for when the fix would be in, if it is possible at all, but we will do our best at finding a solution.
    Those who did not receive their proper rewards can put in a CS ticket.
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    i guess Sky cover ring is a Pack only item from now on.
    what are the odds?
  • Lacet - Sanctuary
    Lacet - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Submitting a ticket is useless of course (surprise) and someone dropped the ball with the bug report, but supposedly they've got it documented now (as of 04/23/2013).

Apparently it's against the forum rules to post any form of communication I've had with Customer Support or I'd share but what I've told you is the gist of it.

b:lipcurl
  • Eruvanda - Dreamweaver
    Eruvanda - Dreamweaver Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Any news on this? I really need to get back to doing PQ3... it's been over 2 months already. I won't do the pack thing.. because PWI has blessed my account with worst possible luck.
  • SyntherosX - Harshlands
    SyntherosX - Harshlands Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Hello,

I would like an update on this. I just did this multiple times with my faction today and all the issues remain as mentioned in the first post here in the thread. I would really appreciate some feedback on this issue as its prohibiting us as a community from enjoying the questing portion of the game of what little is given to endgame characters who still love this game.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to a resolution b:victory

SyntherosX - BankaiGOD Leader
    Harshlands Server PVP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    postimg.org/image/6u8f8sdtt/
  • acidknight1
    acidknight1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I experienced the same problems. All of the above. I've done this quest multiple times and been ripped off multiple times. This should have been fixed a long time ago if this has been going on for months. As players, it is ridiculous that we are being denied quests rewards if we work hard towards them. I've done this multiple times recently and 80% of my squad didnt get rewards and the first place members only got 3 crystals. I would also like to see this stuff sorted out. Thanks in advance PWI. f:strive f:strive f:strive
  • kingmarvel
    kingmarvel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    update please needed on the fix of public quest even if you do it over and over again only i was the only one of my class and place in the middle for the sqaud and no reward this is so old id like to farm my skycover's soon please getting charmed ticked again and again for no reward is a joke fix it please

b:angry

http://postimg.org/image/ik8nvz1rd/]2013_06_11_15_51_08.png[/url][/IMG]

http://postimg.org/image/undzjjctl/]2013_06_11_15_51_12.png[/url]

ty for your valued service
  • purplerox234
    purplerox234 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    b:surrender Yes, the PQ was a bit stressfull without its fluency. There was a lot of confusion amongst my squad, constantly going back to the npc to reclaim the quest after each section of it. I look foward to the resolution of this issueb:kiss

Fallen_Faith - BankaiGOD Executor
    Harshlands Server PVP
  • leitemagro
    leitemagro Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Well I wish some people from archosaur server read the forums.
    Some weeks ago did the quest 2x and fail for almost everyone.
    Since I did die and release to city and fly back I was accused with huge rage and even blacklisted, since i made that i glitch the quest releasing (when we leave the area the quest fail). Even almost agreed it was a game error, I was accused to make the fault of the fail quest. I got both times the 6 broken cristal. My client dont fail quest, and I get next sub-quest and refuse like other advise to delete quest. The thing is in the public quest info (top right side of corner) all had more or less same contribution. And at end many don't get rewards.

When was the last big update couple of months back I had so many lag issues and client shut game, that I re-install. After that all went smooth as before. I notice on pwi error program to send to game, that "mapsxxx" files give error. Could be some lack of update, client side, on this too?

Edit: any news about this PQ3? is fixed? i dont want to try back till get some news
  • SyntherosX - Harshlands
    SyntherosX - Harshlands Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Requesting Update from GM - Thank you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    postimg.org/image/6u8f8sdtt/
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I bought the ring for 40 mil so much easier then doing PQ3. and yes i have crystals from it i can npc. b:victory
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • M/egadetH - Harshlands38
    M/egadetH - Harshlands38 Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Not related to the subject but when will the 2nd way to recast r9 weapons will be available??b:surrenderb:cry Ex : Holy Protector
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Options
  • NottLie - Dreamweaver
    NottLie - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    still glitched?
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Didn't hear about a fix

and bump, please fix this so I can farm me a Sky Cover or 2

/inb4ItWillNeverBeFixedCuzSkyCoverComesOutOfPacks
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • NottLie - Dreamweaver
    NottLie - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    i was doing now, but give up in the part of kill 200 mobs ): do alone is too hard and i even know if my effort will worth something
  • ogrefun2
    ogrefun2 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    YOOOOOOO PWI fix The Glitch in regional quest It still fails and alotta angry players and alotta confusion when it comes to the quest and it would be fun to do This Instanceb:victoryb:angryb:victory
  • Kablaab - Dreamweaver
    Kablaab - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Just came to check if there was a thread made about this..
    i was doing now, but give up in the part of kill 200 mobs ): do alone is too hard and i even know if my effort will worth something

Someone else had started it today as well, and gave up after 4/200 mobs. My experiences thus far:

-Success seems spotty at best

-4 runs in three days

-first two (yesterday and the day before) myself and the BM who did the most of the work each came away with 6 crystal shards. The others that came to help hadn't picked up quest at each stage - and didnt get any rewards.

-Today, we came in and picked up at 4/200 mobs - myself and the aforementioned BM each dual clienting to get credit on two accounts each. After completing the first run, no credit given to any toon - and all had picked up at each stage of the quest. Second run, I didn't dual cleint - but she did. At the end, still not any credit given to anyone.

It seems that it *can* work, but what exactly causes it to *not* work is beyond me. We plan to try again tomorrow some time, again without either of us dual clienting.

But yeah.. it fails after completing each stage, however you can pick it back up again and the next stage will be given to you as a quest. The contribution tracker has been keeping track of everyone's contributions across each of the stages, though the tracker doesn't seem to appear until after (eg) the first mob is killed in each stage. It then disappears when the stage is completed, and "complete" and "fail" will scroll up for the status of each phase. Some part of the coding mustve been changed to cause the quest to not be automatically advanced, and this is what is causing (I believe) the spotty ability to get the chest at the end.

some ideas I'm tossing around ->
    -squad leader (if only one squad is doing) pickup final quest first before the rest (and should make sure all are there to receive as well within the two minute period before it resets)
    -all participants take final part simultaneously? (if this is how the BM and I managed to get it done the two "successful" times, it wasn't planned at all)

All in all, would be nice to see this thing get fixed - and since I know it has a possibility to work, I'll keep trying.
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    We're aware that the Public Quest gives a failure error, even though you're able to take the follow-up quest just fine. I've tested the rewards multiple times and have had no problems getting the correct rewards.
    Kablaab, can you give me specific reproduction steps on what causes the reward discrepancy once you find it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Kablaab - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I've done the PQ 4 more times since my previous post, and all have resulted in everyone getting the proper amount of rewards. This last time, there was a slight delay though after taking the follow up quest after boss died before the reward chest had spawned. Normally when doing the quest (even the two failed runs) the chest would have spawned right away after the first person took the follow up quest (or so it would seem, considering it was already waiting on us when we flew back over to it). This time, we were all gathered where it should have been before it even spawned.

Of all the runs following my last post, we didn't do any of the things I mentioned previously regarding coordinating taking the final quest. Nor was anyone (to my knowledge) dual clienting any toons that were *both* participating. I did have my noob sin in squad for bloodpaint buff only, and that has been fine in previous runs as well. The issues we had previously seemed to occur only when myself and my faction mate both had dual cliented toons actively participating in the PQ. The chest did spawn, but there was no golden flag above it for any of the participants indicating that a reward was available.

One of my initial thoughts had been that it failed the first time because someone had started it, but left the island and we had picked up later on. This assumption proved inaccurate because I duplicated that scenario on one of my successful runs. I'm considering some kind of client side lag in registering kill credit when dual clienting participants as a cause of failure to receive a reward at the end, as both of the failed attempts it skipped over the "Rewards and Triumphs" phase directly to "start over" phase of the quest, even though we had all taken the final quest before the two minute reset timer had elapsed. Indeed we were still waiting on it to expire before restarting.

I'll be doing myself and everyone a favor and not trying to duplicate a failure across the board, unless I have a solid block of a couple free hours to solo the boss with my cleric macro healing me >.< I'd hate to waste people's time and lend further credence to the belief that it just doesn't work period. As is, it seems to work fine as long as no one is dual logged (aside from having to reacquire the quest, that is)

EDIT:

Started a run (now sitting in front of boss) and was able to progress thus far without quest failure issues. As of the moment I'm going to say it has been fixed. Will find out after the boss dies. Haven't checked the patch notes to see if this was mentioned or not, though.
  • Sympsy - Dreamweaver
    Sympsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I would like to point out that for some reason the first full PQ3 run after a weekly reset for some reason works fine. The PQ3 has been failing after each quest again when I peeked in on it this morning on Dreamweaver.
  • Kablaab - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    If that was you who advanced it to 138/200 mobs, thanks :p I took a squad of 5 through to completion after picking up at that point. Everyone got rewards. Have yet to reproduce the issue with no one getting rewards.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Public Quest Chapter 3 Glitches:

Whenever there is a server maintenance/reset. The Public quest will work fine the first time people does it. However, when the public quest event resets after the first time it is done - the event will remained glitched until the next server maintenance.

Here is a you tube clip I made that shows all the glitches.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXAaoO6OT_c

Detailed Description of the Glitches:
    1)Whenever the event resets, each phase completed will be denoted as failed.

2)Whenever the phase fails and continues to the next phase, the entire public quest chain disappears from the quest log. You will have to go back to the npc to pick up the quest again.

3)Whenever the phase fails and continues to the next phase, the public quest tracker for the contribution points disappears. In order to make it appear on screen, you will have to talk to the npc to take the quest for the next phase, then trash that quest from the quest log, then take the quest again. However, doing so will reset your contribution points.

4)After the final boss dies, there should be a chest that spawns that you can talk to it to get your reward. But, no reward is given even if you kill the boss with the public quest in your quest log.

This event has been glitched since the spring of year 2013. This event is still needed by players to farm an end game ring. The chances of getting the ring as a reward is slim and requires hours each day and months to obtain. Please fixe this so that others can have an opportunity to obtain those rings. Thank you.
  • _Zelda - Morai
    _Zelda - Morai Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    sparkiesoft, are you aware of this issue?
    The quest is bugged for more than a year now. It only works for the first time after a server maintenance. This means only once a week... so every 25 weeks a probability of 8% to receive a ring.... assuming you had the chance to do the quest every week (and no other group has done it before you) and you had the most contribution points of your class.

Neodaystar described the problem very detailed. Please have a look into this. b:thanks
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    b:cute

I took a break from the game for 10 years (new vogue statement i want in). I just noticed that PQ 3 is broken.

I have not seen anyone say anything about the ETA on fixing PQ 3. PQ 3 was what i used to do after i finished my daily stuff, so i could gamble at things and get a good reward every month or three.

I will keep on bugging this post until we get a "Positive confirmation" that PQ 3 will be fixed and in the next week's patch note.

I let the delta money slide, that resulted in me not doing delta. That hurts people who want to do delta for their culti. Farming pan gu is not worth it anymore in delta.

Please fix PQ 3, it will give us farmers something to do, and it will bring down the price of the PQ 3 rings, which went from 80~100 to 40~60 to 150~300m now.

To all those people who suggest to buy a cluster box and get the crystals that way, well, let me put it to you this way. PWI should remove all quests from PWI(that will reduce the QQ), One should only charge money, open packs. That is not my vision of pwi.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I've done PQ around 9 times recently, we've figured out how to succeed with a 100% success rate.

This is what I've discovered:

-Though you don't get contribution, you don't have to pick up the quest in order to help it go faster. As long as you know the order of the quest, it will only take one person to go collect the quest after each phase of PQ. The rest can each move to the next location to do the mobs. (Perhaps one person could have an alt stay by the PQ person to keep the quest going, while others do the mobs)

-In order to get the reward at the end, immediately after killing the boss you must get to the PQ npc, collect his quest, then go back to the chest within 40 or so seconds. Once you collect the quest from the NPC you'll be able to receive your reward from the chest.

So far we've had 100% success with this method, even if it is a work around at best. The only quests that are necessary to take are the last two, the ones where you kill the bloodguards and the prince. If you want to compete with everyone else, then obviously you'll want the extra contribution from the other quests in the chain, but in order to get the minimum contribution needed you only need the last two.

PQ can still be done.. it's just extremely tedious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I will try that, but apparently i messed up somewhere. My sin was attacking the boss, i let the sin fly in the air when there was 1m hp left. Still within distance, just flying in the air. When boss died, sin was not attacking, sin did not get boss kill. I switched to my bm, flew to npc to get quest. It just said success (could be more than 40 seconds, not sure). I came back, the chest was there, but i could not dig the chest.

As it stands, it might be that doing pq on one character works out. That is rather tiresome, it is easier to find 3~5 people with 2 alts, than to find 10 people to do pq 3.
  • Mysticboob - Sanctuary
    Mysticboob - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I just confirmed- it does work if ur fast at the end talking to npc and back to chest.
    youtube.com/TheMysticBoob
  • nataliagr
    nataliagr Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Can i just say i'm SICK and TIRED of this glitch by now and everytime i sumbit a ticket about it i get directed by customer service to this here thread- as if QQing about it on a forum is likelly to solve the problem!

Im not sure, but i imagine there has to be some part of ToS that says they shoudl get round to fixing things! omg its been more than a year already!b:angry
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Any update on getting this glitch fixed? b:victory.

If this glitch is not going to get fixed, i would recommend bugging advance cube so that you can't get cogs from it b:chuckle. Maybe that way both things will get fixed.