sword/blade + claw/fist

Options
LastDance - Dreamweaver
LastDance - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Blademaster
heyas,

is there any build to use them together?
as i know, sword/blade needs decent dex and more strength, claws needs more dex
is there any stat-build to use sword/blade and fist/claws together?

LastDance
Post edited by LastDance - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    If you stat enough str for heavy armor and enough dex for claws/fists, you have enough str and dex for swords/blades and polearms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Sinirah - Raging Tide
    Sinirah - Raging Tide Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    If you stat enough str for heavy armor and enough dex for claws/fists, you have enough str and dex for swords/blades and polearms.

Exactly. 3 str and 2 dex every level should do the job. It allows you to wield claws and axes, so it should allow you to wield swords/blades and polearms.
  • LastDance - Dreamweaver
    LastDance - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Exactly. 3 str and 2 dex every level should do the job. It allows you to wield claws and axes, so it should allow you to wield swords/blades and polearms.

wow also polearms, thats nice :)
    tyvm
    there are some missing points in vit but i dont mind, its a redeem character so until i hit my 70's ill use the redeem armor :)
    okay thanks again b:victory
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    3-2 lets you use any weapon. You should never stat vit because you will never need it.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    3-2 lets you use any weapon. You should never stat vit because you will never need it.

I beg to differ. Vit is VERY handy at lower levels. I recommend a bit of vit (like 30-50) before level 100, but once you hit 100 there is no need for it since you get plenty of HP from refines, but I don't know anyone in the right mind that would dump a fair bit of money in non-end-game gear into refines. If you can afford to restat the vit into str later, then put some on.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I disagree, 90% of your problems at low levels are caused by not killing fast enough rather than not having enough hp. With 3 str 2 dex build you will hit more often, crit more often, and have access to fists for faster chi gain.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I disagree, 90% of your problems at low levels are caused by not killing fast enough rather than not having enough hp. With 3 str 2 dex build you will hit more often, crit more often, and have access to fists for faster chi gain.

^this

450-750 HP in exchange for the easy leveling I've had with my BM, using the dark flash claws, my 3-4K HP not even dipping when BP is available?

no ty; who needs extra HP when you can just kill faster anyways; I've duo'd PV in huge pulls with a sin, the level 70 one; BP on a zerk off of a big group heals almost my entire HP bar. Once I learned to cycle in cyclone heel in my AoE cycle aoeing was no problem whatsoever

Leveling a claw BM is a joke. Sit in phys marrow interrupt everything sutra when I need it spark when I need it get 2 sparks back before HF comes off of CD and have to GS instead etc, kept up MSS when squad wiped on a BH39 at level 59 and tanked farren with charm + 3* npc gears and npc claws.

60s were a pain because WRAITHGATE AREA and AoS being bad damage. 70+ was funny; shut down brain and claw with dark flash.
    Channels

• Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013
    Options
    ^this

450-750 HP in exchange for the easy leveling I've had with my BM, using the dark flash claws, my 3-4K HP not even dipping when BP is available?

no ty; who needs extra HP when you can just kill faster anyways; I've duo'd PV in huge pulls with a sin, the level 70 one; BP on a zerk off of a big group heals almost my entire HP bar. Once I learned to cycle in cyclone heel in my AoE cycle aoeing was no problem whatsoever

Leveling a claw BM is a joke. Sit in phys marrow interrupt everything sutra when I need it spark when I need it get 2 sparks back before HF comes off of CD and have to GS instead etc, kept up MSS when squad wiped on a BH39 at level 59 and tanked farren with charm + 3* npc gears and npc claws.

60s were a pain because WRAITHGATE AREA and AoS being bad damage. 70+ was funny; shut down brain and claw with dark flash.

This post...Gave me cancer
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Take this barb:

http://pwcalc.com/31fc404e9299af14

reduce its weapon refinement from 10 to 7. (75m worth of refine) You lose about 2200 damage.
    Now try to get those back by increasing str. You need 230 str.

Now go back to the original and increase the refinement on its helm from 7 to 10. (same 75m worth of refine) You gain about 1000 HP. Try to lose those by reducing vit. You take away about 45 vit.

This shows that rifinements on weapons are VASTLY superior when converted to stat points compared to refinements on armor. 230 str = 45vit = 75m worth of refinement

So it is beneficial to refine you weapon A LOT more than your armor while getting the needed HPs from your stat points instead of refining your gears evenly and using your stat points for damage. Unless your weapon is already +12 or you really feel comfortable with the HPs you get from low refines and 0vit, statting vit seems like the obvious choise.

Obviously this is a barb and not a bm, but it shouldnt differ to such a degree that you come to another conclusion.
    Also i must note that the difference is not so vast for a non APS build where you are not counting in spark. But still, there the same conlusion comes true. (now it is about 80 str vs 45vit) If however then we add the fact that you need to refine 2 weapons (since you probably use both claws and axes) it becomes closer. But still favors vit in value of refines. (Now you spend 150m refining 2 weapons. These are worth respectively 80 and 230 str for an average of 155. This 150m in armor refinements is worth 90vit.

So the point is, vit points are not just good for leveling below 100, but well beyond that. No vit builds are for real end-game equipment and refines.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Take this barb:

http://pwcalc.com/31fc404e9299af14

reduce its weapon refinement from 10 to 7. You lose about 2200 damage.
    Now try to get those back by increasing str. You need 230 str.

Now go back to the original and increase the refinement on its helm from 7 to 10. You gain about 1000 HP. Try to lose those by reducing vit. You take away about 45 vit.

This shows that rifinements on weapons are VASTLY superior when converted to stat points compared to refinements on armor.

So it is beneficial to refine you weapon A LOT more than your armor while getting the needed HPs from your stat points instead of refining your gears evenly and using your stat points for damage. Unless your weapon is already +12 or you really feel comfortable with the HPs you get from low refines and 0vit, statting vit seems like the obvious choise.

Obviously this is a barb and not a bm, but it shouldnt differ to such a degree that you come to another conclusion.
    Also i must note that the difference is not so vast for a non APS build where you are not counting in spark. But still, there the same conlusion comes true. If however then we add the fact that you need to refine 2 weapons (since you probably use both) then it becomes a difficult choise....

This guy sums it up well. Vit is good at lower levels. Very good. also barbs = 20 hp per vit and BM is 15 hp per vit. Not too too large a difference.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    This guy sums it up well. Vit is good at lower levels. Very good. also barbs = 20 hp per vit and BM is 15 hp per vit. Not too too large a difference.

17 per point iirc
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I beg to differ. Vit is VERY handy at lower levels. I recommend a bit of vit (like 30-50) before level 100, but once you hit 100 there is no need for it since you get plenty of HP from refines, but I don't know anyone in the right mind that would dump a fair bit of money in non-end-game gear into refines. If you can afford to restat the vit into str later, then put some on.

I agree with both of you. Vit (30-50) is nice at lower levels because thats 450-750 hp when you may only have 2-4k hp. So 25-40% more hp. On the other hand, you'll restat it later so it will cost you 7mil for restatting out that little bit of hp. In most cases its better to just kill faster and take less damage but there are cases (bosses) where having the extra hp is required.

Although if you have decent refines already just ignore it. For instance if I average +4 refines on even my low level gear, have a L:UaD tome, etc... then I much prefer to kill things faster and take less damage. Having 450 more hp is nice but so if each mobs hits you 1 more time per kill you take alot more than 450 hp damage, use more pots and require more heals. It mostly comes in handy on bosses and with a cleric.

If you regularly get bloodpaint heals its nicer to have the strength in the build then the vit. Strength increases your pdef more than vit, so you won't get hit as hard and the increased damage means you'll get more paint heals.

Remember, people used to do pure builds before blessings, before handing their nubs +10 cube necks and L;UaD tomes, before bloodpaint, before everyone having 2 accounts with cleric alts to buff, before you had 90% of your BHs having a high level running with you, and when +6 was considered a pretty godly refine. Nowadays, pure build is very fine. It will even help you learn your class better by not having the extra hp.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Julian - Dreamweaver
    Julian - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Indeed vit is important at lower levels. Of my own 8 Blademaster characters, the easiest ones to solo at low levels were the ones that sported a healthy bit of vit. It was pretty crazy trying to level a 5-vit BM through dozens of quests before the daily newb charms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    This post...Gave me cancer

How so?

http://pwcalc.com/14ad026395a72d7a my BM

with axes

http://pwcalc.com/ab179f6548090cf5

never had problems in pve, even from 60 on without charms. Can solo pull PV 69-74 just fine, tank all my BHes and hold aggro; my old BM though, with vit added, was such a pain in the *** to even get to 36 due to slow killing and low chi that I just discontinued her and went 3/2

EDIT: the boots are 1*, not 3*; not too much of a difference though
    Channels

• Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Until lvl 60 i had about 130 vit on my bm. I restated, put on fists, and i liked the change.

Now consider that you have the charms. If you did quests like me, get the extra hp, and go nuts on the aoe. Good drops, good fun, when you get tired, restat at the sale, and go 3 str and 2 dex as others stated.

*tag capn, ntb*
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    *tag capn, ntb*

Oh you so dirty. b:angry