Outfits

Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
Nyxsa - Heavens Tear Posts: 180 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
b:cryOkay, I'm sure this has been done plenty of times so I'm not exactly sure where this would go to since its simply general. I love this game and have been loyal since 2009, so in these few years I've seen my fair share of great outfits joining the boutique and some that were a miss in my interest. I tend to make outfits by mixing which I'm certain is what everyone does to make themselves look good be it color or fashion style.

My rant is simply this: Why must the fashion sessions we have been presented with are mainly dresses, or least most of the time. Sure sure, dont have to buy if you dont like - no one forcing you to buy yada yada, same ol comebacks that doesnt get you anywhere. I'm not saying EVERY fashion session has been terrible looking, some I just dont want to spend 10 gold to purchase or wait for someone to sell cheaper, no big deal, but most of the time, the dresses are just not in my fashion sense and sometimes when a fashion DOES catch my attention it normally is ridiculously revealing or hidden away in those "lovely" packs. But, am I the only girl in this game who craves an edgy look? Certainly not. I would love to have the fashion piece the guys have right now. I would love it if the girls got a Superstar coat or Helmsey coat, sure we have the thunder coat, but how about one that doesnt scream GIRL. Not every one of us wants to look a precious damsel. Not every girl wants to run in heels even though fashion is just a pretty cover on the package. Everyone is unique so let us feel it with fashion and I just think we should have a wider range of styles including hairstyles that aren't decorated with flowers or bows or combed oddly. Hand over styles like the guys --- no barrettes on theirs! I think it would be interesting to see some on girls, it'll certainly take us out from the usual girly look ((And no, I'm not saying to make us look like guys period, just cast us a different spectrum other than frilly dresses and overly revealing outfits))

Again, I know it might not even happen, but I least know I'm not the only one in this game who has felt the same way. What are your thoughts?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RA Demonic Veno ~ Beloved Wife and Newlywed to Zulwarn and a Soldier of Borealis
Post edited by Nyxsa - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Llux - Sanctuary
    Llux - Sanctuary Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Pants.

I...I just....want more...pants.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Pants.

I...I just....want more...pants.

This.

Also, I could do with less bottoms that are literally just a pair of panties and stockings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Leucotheia - Sanctuary
    Leucotheia - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This.

Also, I could do with less bottoms that are literally just a pair of panties and stockings.

This plus a million. I like most of my characters to fit their personality, so naturally I buy them fashion that I associate with them. The only characters wearing actual PANTS are my Archer, my Blade Master, and my Cleric (Who is a guy.)

SweetieBot, please award 10 points to Eoria - Harshlands
    "I will always love the false image I had of you..."
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    SweetieBot, please award 10 points to Eoria - Harshlands
    Aww sorry but you need to have at least 50 posts to be able to award points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Do you realize how incredibly annoying it is to read a bunch of text formatted in the way you did?

Either way PWE doesn't make fashion sets, they get it directly from China.
    And culture thingies in China about dresses and womens / males how they're supposed to be yada yada that kind of stuff.

Don't expect to see any sort of tomboy fashion anytime soon.
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Sweetie bot can I reward the points? I haven't looked TOO much into this new fangled forum points awesomeness. :D

I also agree with less panties+stockings. In an effort to combat this I usually get the highest boots I can and shorts/pants that cover up the rest...which are still few and far between. My favorites to use are leather pants, thunder pants, magician pants, and Shinobi skirt. (Juntress skirt and witch lace's skirt have both grown on me.)

And dblazen it wasn't TOO bad to read. :P
    99.9% of PWI's fashion is indeed copied, but therefore they CAN choose to copy some things that have different flavors that are still in their own preferred range of taste. Fashion in the wide world is incredibly versatile that way...but it's all up to those developers like you said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • TechDawg - Sanctuary
    TechDawg - Sanctuary Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I can understand your rant, however, being MALE, I would like to say this, let the girls HAVE the guys fashion as I, for one, am sick and tired of 90% of new MALE fashion LOOKING like it should go to the girls. Can we PLEASE take a step AWAY from the Plumage and Feathers, and Fluff and Poofy Guy clothes, as it seems EVERY OTHER ONE is something that LOOKS like it has potential then BAM! and there it is, the feathers or puffy plumage. grrrrrrr
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    I can understand your rant, however, being MALE, I would like to say this, let the girls HAVE the guys fashion as I, for one, am sick and tired of 90% of new MALE fashion LOOKING like it should go to the girls. Can we PLEASE take a step AWAY from the Plumage and Feathers, and Fluff and Poofy Guy clothes, as it seems EVERY OTHER ONE is something that LOOKS like it has potential then BAM! and there it is, the feathers or puffy plumage. grrrrrrr

^This as well. Omg I can't tell you how many times I've wished I could wear the male fashion, and even vice-versa a few times. I really, really want my male cleric to have the leather pants. Really bad.

Oh and that Dark Lord set? WANT THAT ON A FEMALE TOO SO SEXY FFFF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2013
    ^ I second that

:D Well it certainly is nice to know I'm not the only one tired with the shorts with stockings type ~ Vampire shorts are somewhat decent. And yes, pants for us! b:thanks And yes yes dblazen I am quite AWARE the fashion is brought over because of the China version, I'm not dumb, I wouldn't have written this if I wasn't aware of it, lol.

And indeed, I'm sure guys have their own rants when it comes to their side, do tell :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RA Demonic Veno ~ Beloved Wife and Newlywed to Zulwarn and a Soldier of Borealis
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Something I would love for female fashion is a long plain skirt. We do have a few long skirts but they all have patterns on them or can't be dyed properly because they have a set color scheme. I'd love to just have a long white skirt to mix with other tops. Like take the Ballroom Dress cut the bottom off and give that as a skirt or the Corsair's Skirt but make it ankle length. Just a simple more plain skirt that I can mix and match with other tops.

There are a few tops I'd love to have, but I have yet to buy them because I can't find a bottom I'd like to go with it.

And as someone else posted for the male fashion, YES, stop putting feather, fur and any other add ons. It's pretty sad when I'm in a squad and see a male looking more girly than my archer (considering she's wearing stiletto h00ker boots)

Edit: Just logged on a bit ago and the fashion is cheaper. Top is only 4 gold and bottom 3 gold. Woo hoo. Thanks for lowering the price Hey, You <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    imho all females should wear a brown masquerade dress and hunteress headdress.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • Annonrae - Sanctuary
    Annonrae - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    In my opinion, female toons wearing stiletto heels should be awarded +10 Attack levels. Those things are *weapons*, I say. WTB 'Kick to the groin' skill!
  • Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2013
    My Leather Boots work just as fine b:laugh but that'll be great if certain items gave you certain attributes; see PWI could be rolling in more if they added this surprise. Course coloring is just coloring because if black/white gives you ultimate well, we'll be in a very bland game with everyone the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ^ I second that

:D Well it certainly is nice to know I'm not the only one tired with the shorts with stockings type ~ Vampire shorts are somewhat decent. And yes, pants for us! b:thanks And yes yes dblazen I am quite AWARE the fashion is brought over because of the China version, I'm not dumb, I wouldn't have written this if I wasn't aware of it, lol.

And indeed, I'm sure guys have their own rants when it comes to their side, do tell :D
    Do you realize how incredibly annoying it is to read a bunch of text formatted in the way you did?

I agree.

Can you PLEASE type normal? Your text is hurting my eyes!!!!!
  • Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2013
    ^ and your RED txt isn't? b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I agree.

Can you PLEASE type normal? Your text is hurting my eyes!!!!!

I can't read it either. It is very small and narrow and I'm almost legally blind :p +3

As I've said in a fashion thread before, it seems that most fashion is aimed for G.I.R.L.s (guys in real life (playing girls)) or the other way around, (girls in real life (playing guys)) since whenever players play the opposite sex character I notice alot less complaining about fashion choices, and that there should be more fashion for guys that guys find acceptable and more fashion for girls that girls find acceptable. OTL
    It's meant to be sort of 'fantasy' clothing, duhyes, but it could still manage something I'm sure 'x3
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    ^ and your RED txt isn't? b:laugh

Red is the color the eyes see above all colors 1st. It was meant to get your attention. Good luck having people not read your posts cause you can't type normal as your damaging their eyes.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It`s the font and size that`s rather unpleasant to read the pink as nasty as it may be can be read quite well.

And speaking about fashion, the Chinese have no sense of it, only a handful of stuff that we have looks decent, the rest I wouldn`t even put on a small chihuahua which I parade in some dog show!
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Red is the color the eyes see above all colors 1st. It was meant to get your attention. Good luck having people not read your posts cause you can't type normal as your damaging their eyes.

Wasn't red second and yellow was first when it comes to people noticing things, or am I mistaken?
    Sorry off-topic but o-o? Your post made me think of that.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Wasn't red second and yellow was first when it comes to people noticing things, or am I mistaken?
    Sorry off-topic but o-o? Your post made me think of that.

The reason why red STOP traffic lights/Signs are red is for that sole purpose, yellow is also on top with the yield signs but red comes first for most people. Depending where you live, like me, you see stop signs all over, but yield signs....not so much. very rare.
  • Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2013
    I miss the fashion contest. I'm not even sure if they ever announced the winner's outfits are finally in boutique. O.O or did I miss them as well? Either way, everyone has different tastes and yes its all fantasy, but I'm just saying sometimes we can handle the simple items such a more pants for girls without prints or weird lace for a belt. And I did notice on the guy's fashion (studded set) that it had feathers on the shoulder. Leather and feathers, weird combo.

xoxoxo

THIS better for people b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mizuryu - Harshlands
    Mizuryu - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'd like a body bee outfit please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    I miss the fashion contest. I'm not even sure if they ever announced the winner's outfits are finally in boutique. O.O or did I miss them as well? Either way, everyone has different tastes and yes its all fantasy, but I'm just saying sometimes we can handle the simple items such a more pants for girls without prints or weird lace for a belt. And I did notice on the guy's fashion (studded set) that it had feathers on the shoulder. Leather and feathers, weird combo.

xoxoxo

THIS better for people b:cute

Much better^^ I hate a lot of the male fashion simply cause its too much(Noble's Tunic as an example or Shining Feather Top cause it looks...*insert 3 letter word here*). Stuff like Gongfu Tunic is epic fashion.
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    b:laugh Either add stats to fashion or let us roll them like we do rings. Either way, adds $$ to PWI. But, No stupid stats, pls. I like the idea of Spiked Heels +5 Atk, + 5 Str or Dex or Mag (by class) and - 1 Def level (hard to run.)

b:bye
  • Mizuryu - Harshlands
    Mizuryu - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    b:laugh Either add stats to fashion or let us roll them like we do rings. Either way, adds $$ to PWI. But, No stupid stats, pls. I like the idea of Spiked Heels +5 Atk, + 5 Str or Dex or Mag (by class) and - 1 Def level (hard to run.)

b:bye

I thought of that, but that would take the whole concept of fashion away, making it another piece of armor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2013
    ^ Yeah, the idea sounded nice at first, perhaps more actions and dances to make you want fashion even more. I can deal with that actually, but if it'll be the usual "Sapphire" dance nty. Anything is possible, and I finally saw the Studded fashion in black. . . and i just have to say b:dirty x infinity!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]