APS Craze

bolocactu
bolocactu Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
Everyone is using aps now except seekers. What happend this game? When I first started playing this game in late 2008 if you used fist or claws you were a fail. I miss those days when fist archers and fist barbs were shunned. Then came the sins and everyone started going crazy about aps. Why can't an archer use a bow instead of claws? Why can't a barb use his kills to kill the enemy but instead using fist and apsing and ruining your dex?
I might be black
Post edited by bolocactu on

Comments

• FanFon - Dreamweaver
    FanFon - Dreamweaver Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The heck are you talking about aps is on the decline lately. Aps is really only viable as an endgame build for pve only now.
  • bolocactu
    edited March 2013
    The heck are you talking about aps is on the decline lately. Aps is really only viable as an endgame build for pve only now.

No your stupid.
    I might be black
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    bolocactu wrote: »
    Everyone is using aps now except seekers. What happend this game? When I first started playing this game in late 2008 if you used fist or claws you were a fail. I miss those days when fist archers and fist barbs were shunned. Then came the sins and everyone started going crazy about aps. Why can't an archer use a bow instead of claws? Why can't a barb use his kills to kill the enemy but instead using fist and apsing and ruining your dex?

Actually, the competent BMs were already using fists in PvE in 2008. I remember splitting the etherblade Foxwings with a BM from Nef, while we were grinding out levels up. He was useing fists, because he had a clue how to play. And my BM in 2008 was useing fists, because I had a clue.

The collective genius that was excreted on the BM forums during 2008/early 2009 is the reason so few BMs actually used fists. People who thought they knew more than they did loudly proclaimed fists were terrible for both PvE and PvP. Even when it was pointed out all the good players in -MY and -CN used it, they claimed that just showed how "poorly" the more experienced and knowledgeable players over there played their class.

Moral of the story: Fists/claws were always good from 2008 on, it's just we had some really bad players back then who fought knowledge kicking and screaming. It's only with current content updates that fists/claws have been dwindling in their over-all effectiveness in some areas.
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    In many contexts, those are still considered fail. If you go into PvP wearing fists, even as a bm it's kind of like a bad joke, since r9 or r9r3 obviously lends itself to PvP more than g16 vana fists.

Also, you're a little behind, if anything aps has been in decline recently since the advent of NW since you can farm that with any class.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I already explained it all
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1577131

I think you have read that since i see your name everyone all over the forums, but probably you just wanna show your discontent with APS. :)
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    wish i say amen to that and lets hope aps dies all together soon enough.
  • burningsweetfire
    burningsweetfire Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Aps lives as long as FC hypering lives. It's those bms and sins that refuses to change their endgame gears to g16 (way better survivability than interval gears) and stick to aps like glue because they got used to it doing fc from 80 to 100.
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Actually, the competent BMs were already using fists in PvE in 2008. I remember splitting the etherblade Foxwings with a BM from Nef, while we were grinding out levels up. He was useing fists, because he had a clue how to play. And my BM in 2008 was useing fists, because I had a clue.

The collective genius that was excreted on the BM forums during 2008/early 2009 is the reason so few BMs actually used fists. People who thought they knew more than they did loudly proclaimed fists were terrible for both PvE and PvP. Even when it was pointed out all the good players in -MY and -CN used it, they claimed that just showed how "poorly" the more experienced and knowledgeable players over there played their class.

Moral of the story: Fists/claws were always good from 2008 on, it's just we had some really bad players back then who fought knowledge kicking and screaming. It's only with current content updates that fists/claws have been dwindling in their over-all effectiveness in some areas.

bs, w/o int-gear fists and claws didn't and don't make sense. That's why all 2008-claw/fist users were fail. Some of them just still don't know it. And will never learn it. End of story.

@op fist archers and barbs are outdated. Best farming instance is nw, and int gear for pvp is ****. You are too late with your QQ, sry. Btw, for BH100s i see ppl only asking for weapon link, never for your aps. Im sure also a full nirvana 3rd cast sin would get an invite.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    APS has so much more damage output that the paint healing more than makes up for the weakened defences.

FC has of course nothing to do with it. Anywhere there is bosses and farming, people will prefer APS.
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    make bosses with harder skin and let them bramble up once in a while

and see what happens
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    make bosses with harder skin and let them bramble up once in a while

and see what happens

Yes and please make them so tough that we need G16 armored barbs to tank :) Of course, give us the agro skills to enable us to do so.

(yes even though i am making myself an APS barb, i do prefer this role and would like it to be restored. I will still have my non-aps sage barb around for when this happens)
  • FanFon - Dreamweaver
    FanFon - Dreamweaver Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Everyone is using aps now except seekers. Magic classes don't and aps venos are a rare to start with What happend this game? When I first started playing this game in late 2008 if you used fist or claws you were a fail. I miss those days when fist archers and fist barbs were shunned. They still are when it comes to pvpThen came the sins and everyone started going crazy about aps. Why can't an archer use a bow instead of claws? they do use bows it's not hard to find a bow archer Why can't a barb use his skills to kill the enemy but instead using fist and apsing and ruining your dex?you mean str?

No your stupid.

I never called you stupid to start with I was pointing out aps is actually on the fall atm. It is no longer as effective unless you are killing a low hp nub, but now i am calling you stupid .
  • burningsweetfire
    burningsweetfire Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yes and please make them so tough that we need G16 armored barbs to tank :) Of course, give us the agro skills to enable us to do so.

(yes even though i am making myself an APS barb, i do prefer this role and would like it to be restored. I will still have my non-aps sage barb around for when this happens)

Why would barb want agro at endgame? Let those sins tank and get the repair cost xD. There nothing wrong about keeping an aps gear for PVE and full g16 for PVP, it's just not alot of people would do it and bring aps gear in PVP, then QQ afterwards that other classes or gears are too OP for them to handle. (duh it's a PVE gear not PVP).

A caster squad can do as well as aps squads too, and in fws no one have to die (those squishy sins >_>). I want a caster version of fws. lol
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Because if we dont aps and we dont tank, we are just there for a bit of buffing really. Didnt we choose our class because we like to tank ? That doesnt need to stop at end game for me.
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Aps lives as long as FC hypering lives. It's those bms and sins that refuses to change their endgame gears to g16 (way better survivability than interval gears) and stick to aps like glue because they got used to it doing fc from 80 to 100.

Yea, let me just kill this 3-3 Armageddon Boss just with g16 stuff on sin. I dare you, it will take forever.

Im very very glad, i never experienced this after 2-2 with my old Veno on Dreamweaver.
    I mean, those times where great, but its nothing compared to today, i would never spend around 10-20 minutes on a boss with a full squad. This would be insane, im very glad, that aps exists and can do the job way faster.

Aps isnt the Nr.1 option in every szenario, even in PvE, but 95% of the time, it works just fine and is smooth.

i want to see YOU doing like 3-3 without any usage of APS over 2.5.
    maybe its great, maybe its fun to play together, but in a long run, you gain nothing, because the droprate is nerfed since 2008 (seriously) and the materials are way way cheaper then before (2008)

b:laugh
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    gyroki wrote: »
    bs, w/o int-gear fists and claws didn't and don't make sense. That's why all 2008-claw/fist users were fail. Some of them just still don't know it. And will never learn it. End of story.

@op fist archers and barbs are outdated. Best farming instance is nw, and int gear for pvp is ****. You are too late with your QQ, sry. Btw, for BH100s i see ppl only asking for weapon link, never for your aps. Im sure also a full nirvana 3rd cast sin would get an invite.

My lvl 60 fist BM with AoS and bracers of blood moon was killing Foxwings from lvl 58 - 63 (the bracers and AoS only used once I hit 60) Had a higher lvl TT axe wielding BM get next to where I was, and start killing them too. My BM would use phys marrow, since the mobs would die before their first cast. It would take 3 or more misses for me to need to Shadowless at the end, or just soak the damage and use Sutra for free with all the MP gain. In an hour my cost was repair bill, and I'd use at most one of the mana potions dropped. And it was non-stop killing.

The axe BM tried phys marrow, and skill spamming. It was an unbelieveable train wreck. The mob got to cast 3 times on him, while his charms were ticking like crazy (my BM went charmless, due to lack of need there), and just showcased why that build was so terrible compared to mine. And I still went AoEing once I got my Calamities.

Even without those bracers, I still would have killed the Foxwing faster than the axe BM. Though I could have just used Cyclone to boost my APS anyways, and had the same result. So you really have no idea what you're talking about, whereas I saw with my own eyes that fists were greater than axes for DPS months before packs ever came out. The only time it proved to be better to axe, was when there was a large amount of worthwhile phys attack mobs to make it worth rounding up and AoEing. Until that point, they should have been fisting instead. If they actually knew what they were doing.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    No your stupid.

what a lucid and well thought out counter-point. clearly you have a firm grasp on all aspects of the argument, and a consummate understanding of all the subtle nuances of your opponents position in order to find the inadequacies of the counter-argument.

also, since to make any sense at all, the quoted text is missing at least two characters, I will correct it with the least amount necessary to assemble a cogent thought:

"Know your stupid"

which i do, and i think i found some.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bolocactu
    edited March 2013
    what a lucid and well thought out counter-point. clearly you have a firm grasp on all aspects of the argument, and a consummate understanding of all the subtle nuances of your opponents position in order to find the inadequacies of the counter-argument.

also, since to make any sense at all, the quoted text is missing at least two characters, I will correct it with the least amount necessary to assemble a cogent thought:

"Know your stupid"

which i do, and i think i found some.

Oooooooh I'm so scared of your intelligence. Please enlighten me and tell me why my reply was an invalid response.
    I might be black
  • JinxRake - Momaganon
    JinxRake - Momaganon Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Oooooooh I'm so scared of your intelligence. Please enlighten me and tell me why my reply was an invalid response.

For one thing, it was the general reply a 7 year old would give.
    For another, grammatically it made no sense.
  • viciousminx
    viciousminx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Now that this topic as achieved its original goal. Closed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Message Me!Submit a Ticket!Forum Rules!
This discussion has been closed.