Fun with Blade Tornado!

Zanryu - Lothranis
Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Blademaster
So tell me Blademasters, what are your best moments with our most wonderful skill, Blade Tornado? I'll start this thread off with a few of mine!

Some guy I don't like was killing a boss from Arch Assault, I dropped down and one shot him with BT. He raged at me pretty hard in pms and tried to gank me after, good stuff.

At the new phoenix event thing a friend of mine was killing the boss and I BT'd, accidentally killed him and he got mad about his GS. Good stuff.

Just today at tiger event some sin I dislike from a faction I dislike was at the same boss as me, I waited until 300k on the boss, switched to my R9, then Glacial Spike>Blade Tornado'd him for 18.5k. He's still trying to call me out to west.

So! Share your best, most epic moments with BT, whether it be PvE or PvP, I wanna know what kind of fun we're all having with this skill!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
Post edited by Zanryu - Lothranis on

Comments

• TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've had far too many best moments in NW and TW, I wouldn't even know where to begin.. lol. Can't say I've ever had moments in PvE with the skill though, BP doesn't work with it.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Dropping into a flag pit and annihilating a group of people is always nice and brings me a smile. When your BT clears and there is absolutely no one around its like "hm... think I'll dig."

I also get a kick out of all the players (cleric and barbs) who plume shell or invoke and then don't move while you BT. They'll learn someday. I had one Barb that was trying to tank me through BT and used invoke then sat there. Then he must've realized he was still dieing and he took off running with like 2% hp left. I always hit my sprint right before BT and it was dead by the time he started running away so I couldn't really follow without using apo so I just watched him run through like 5 fights with 2% hp,...1% hp.... finally died.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Ladyblondeh - Raging Tide
    Ladyblondeh - Raging Tide Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Getting ready to set BT on a group of 5 in NW and just as BT starting getting knocked back by mystic to another group of 4 killing those 4 and going back to the group of 5 and owning them too on later ticks of BT b:laugh made my day b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY Silvy for Epic Sig <3
    - Sage BM 0.87aps and loving it <3
    youtube.com/channel/UCaZIAPCmpfzSc1ly3mbhjdg
    pwcalc.com/ec23068c36b42d0d somewhere close
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Dropping into a flag pit and annihilating a group of people is always nice and brings me a smile. When your BT clears and there is absolutely no one around its like "hm... think I'll dig."

I also get a kick out of all the players (cleric and barbs) who plume shell or invoke and then don't move while you BT. They'll learn someday. I had one Barb that was trying to tank me through BT and used invoke then sat there. Then he must've realized he was still dieing and he took off running with like 2% hp left. I always hit my sprint right before BT and it was dead by the time he started running away so I couldn't really follow without using apo so I just watched him run through like 5 fights with 2% hp,...1% hp.... finally died.

Or you know... Could have just dug WHILE using BT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Ugh I had a ton of people try to stun me in BT Sunday night. Like all night...

I can't pick out favorite times for this skill. To me, its like "Whats your favorite time buffing someone with bell outside a fight?" - it's natural now.

I mean thinking back after the upgrade, probably teaming up with another BM, both in BT, or one Stun +HFing and the other BTing in TW and NW. I've had some epic 15+ person kills in BT in NW, and wiped god knows how many with one BT in TW.

But I am noticing one thing, the better players are adjusting to BT now. Soon its gonna be a skill to use to move up lanes, cause people to blow genie, immune, or run skills, and thats about it. I think the new era is going to be Blade Hurl tactics.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ugh I had a ton of people try to stun me in BT Sunday night. Like all night...

I can't pick out favorite times for this skill. To me, its like "Whats your favorite time buffing someone with bell outside a fight?" - it's natural now.

I mean thinking back after the upgrade, probably teaming up with another BM, both in BT, or one Stun +HFing and the other BTing in TW and NW. I've had some epic 15+ person kills in BT in NW, and wiped god knows how many with one BT in TW.

But I am noticing one thing, the better players are adjusting to BT now. Soon its gonna be a skill to use to move up lanes, cause people to blow genie, immune, or run skills, and thats about it. I think the new era is going to be Blade Hurl tactics.

I agree with you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BoomBastic - Lothranis
    BoomBastic - Lothranis Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Last NW.. I was running down a seeker that was getting rly close to dropping the flag off..
    He was protected by 2 barbs 1 psy, and another seeker..
    I got stunned by the barb and thought ohhh f..ck hes gonna get the flag. stun released...
    Reel in the flagger, roar them all.. then BT:time and just lol:ed b:pleased

And another moment was just testing BT dmg on a friend..
    GS+Mire+BT on a +10 r999 archer..
    42k dmg // nom nom b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Last NW.. I was running down a seeker that was getting rly close to dropping the flag off..
    He was protected by 2 barbs 1 psy, and another seeker..
    I got stunned by the barb and thought ohhh f..ck hes gonna get the flag. stun released...
    Reel in the flagger, roar them all.. then BT:time and just lol:ed b:pleased

And another moment was just testing BT dmg on a friend..
    GS+Mire+BT on a +10 r999 archer..
    42k dmg // nom nom b:victory

I only pulled 19k on a +10 R9r3 Archer with my +5 axes, should get around to testing my new ones. b:sin

Pulled an 11.2k or so on an R9R3+12 Seeker. One shot from half HP b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Mostly watching r999 clerics spot my nubby g16 axes, stack IH, plume and move towards me for the easy kill....

Have found uses for it in PvE. If you don't have a ranged class on the archer mobs in delta during waves, BT mops them up nicely. Since it doesn't generate any agro the archers wont scatter from you.
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can use it for extending pulls in the water pavilion. Cloud + BT, followed by Will plus maybe a vacuity + leaps if you have any chi left. Throw an oxy bubble in there somewhere if you're worried about timing.
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Will I get shunned because I still don't have Blade Tornado...
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Will I get shunned because I still don't have Blade Tornado...

No. But you're really missing out on the glory.
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    golden buttholes? I like those moments too.

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    golden buttholes? I like those moments too.

My **** is made of platinum.
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    I can imagine that very very well.

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    I can imagine that very very well.

P-Pervert! How d-dare you imagine m-m-me in that s-sense!
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    What....