How much -channeling is needed?

YggdrasiI - Heavens Tear
YggdrasiI - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Cleric
haven't played pwi for a while, was going to resume playing. however, i'm curious about end game gear atm.. I don't have that much clue exactly all stats it gives.. Since channeling is much needed for faster heals, however, you'll also need to survive.. Therefore I'm using some pack pieces (wings of cloudcharger, etc) which gives more defense but no -channeling.

I'd like to know what you feel is more necessary at the end. higher defense (from gear) or more -channeling? I also bring extra pieces with -channeling when needed.. What do you guys feel is the minimum -channeling % needed for a cleric end game?
Post edited by YggdrasiI - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    28-32%, depending on luck with R9RR rolls
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Depend which end game you speak about, G16 nirvy or R9rr?

G16 nirvy you get -6% from the wrist, the weapon it's random you can get chan or not.

So if you get 2 rings giving -6% each plus the wrist it's a base of 18% chan.

I got -3% on my weap so for me it's -21%, ofc I see a difference on the channeling cause before I had something like 45%, but I see also a huge difference on my survivability and to me survivability>chan.

It also depend what you doing in game, do you TW or PVP? Or only do PVE? If you PVP and TW then you will need to live with a base of -18% chan cause with G16 nirvy the bonus of 15 def lvl need 5 pieces, so in your case boots, chest, pants, wrists and head. (6 pieces give +20 att. lvl, but it's the cape and you use wings of cloud.)

So basically that's for G16 nirvy.

For R9 I think base you get is -21% (wrists -6%, both rings -6% each and legs -3%), since R9 bonus doesn't include head/cape, then you could use a head giving chan, but again that will make you get less survivability then maybe a other head. That's for basic R9.

For R9 third recast you get base minimum -27% cha up to -40%. The set bonus give -6%, the wrists give -6% and with 2 rings with -6% it's -24% chan, the pants give -1%~-6% and the weap -3%~-10%.

So that's pretty much all, but ofc if you use sky cover ring for p.def then you lose -%6 chan each, on R9rr I recommands sky cover ring cause you will still get a decent amount of chan with luck, but with G16 nirvy that would bring you to -6% chan which is pretty low.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The minimum amount of channelling for an end game cleric is basically nothing, clerics are lucky enough to have fairly quick skills to channel. I personally only have 14% and for awhile had as low of 7% and have never had any issues with end game content either pve or pvp.

In almost all cases higher defence > higher channelling. However if we are talking about total end game gear like bella said below r9rr has very good defences while also give some very good channelling both from gear pieces and set bonus. If you are not going to go as far r9rr then I would suggest anywhere between 20-30% would be a good number to work with however you can get away with less and if you really need more you can keep a set of -chan ornaments in your bag to switch to when needed.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Needed? 0.
    Nice to have? 20-32%.
    Over 30% means many skills may glitch or slowdown, and you usually have to sacrifice survivability to get there. Maybe recommended for r9t3 clerics who have pdef in their gear but even then its usually just for PvE content and they'll switch to defense in PvP.

Since many skills have a 1 second cd (Ironheart, Wellspring, Plumeshot) when spammed they will start to cast then stop mid cast as the animation is still active from the previous cast, then start over. This causes your 2 seconds skills (1 second channeling + 1 second cast) to take about 2.5 seconds, slower than if you had no channeling at all. We're already a fast channeling class and so adding -channeling only helps a few skills (Chromatic heal, Stream of Rejuvination, Revive) while it barely helps or even causes some of our more regular skills to glitch or makes us wait to cast (for instance spamming IH, or doing a Plume+cyclone+plume+cyclone sequence while Wield is in cd).

Remember, about half our skill time is cast time so in most cases you get half the channeling faster. For instance -6% channeling means your skill averages about 3% faster.

The other thing is a cleric's main priority should be keeping themselves alive since dead cleric's heal no one. This means physical ornies to cover a caster's naturally low pdef. Some cleric's even use physical rings.

Between armor, weapon, and rings you'll usually land between 20-32% anyways.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Ruvible - Sanctuary
    Ruvible - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    up to 108% w/ buff b:laugh (ya it resets)

too bad etherblade cactopod can probably 1 shot me :o