Need Help wth male hair on female char

_May - Dreamweaver
_May - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Dungeons & Tactics
I have a question, i've been trying to put a men hair on my female char, but my female char is already done, so i just wanna make her a makeover, but when i try to put the hair on her, it says error, i know that is bcit's a male haircut, but is there any way to put that hair in my char when it is already created?
Post edited by _May - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Most people will tell you it's not possible, but there's a program that does it. However, that would be breaking the ToS, so let's just say you can't do anything now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Male hair on females. (Only available on new characters)

CAUTION: Once you do this edit you will not be able to select this preset in the character creator until you switch the hair to female in the ini file.

Outside of the customization folder you will find the genderless presets that are displayed upon logging into the character customization window.

Malehair_zpsaf685824.png

You can edit the hair on these the same way you edit the hair the other character customization inis. They follow the same naming structure as the folders, listed above in part one. EG 00 is the male blademaster preset. Once you do select create a character and pick the class the way you normally do. From here you can edit your character the same you normally would on the character creator, including saving a preset. But you cannot switch presets and go back and forth. So if you want to ini edit earthguard eyes, do this BEFORE you enter the character creation screen. I repeat, do not click ANY preset. Editing this file is editing the default when you first click create a "insert class here," so just start editing what's already on the screen.

Once done save the preset. When you click it you'll get a customization error because it has male hair, but you can come back to edit it again if you decide you no longer want the male hair. Simply go to the saved preset and give it any female hair texture and you can once again interact with like normal.

When you have finished making your character make sure to revert the new character presets back to using female hair.

So... nope. :/

Moving this over to beginner's subsection since that's where the .INI topics are.

Most people will tell you it's not possible, but there's a program that does it. However, that would be breaking the ToS, so let's just say you can't do anything now.
    Considering you need a third party program to break the ToS for you in that scenario, it's not exactly applicable as a solution either way. That's like saying "Yes it's possible to get 20 scroll of tomes from turning in a dragon quest, just you need this program here to do it for you."
    (Insert fancy image here)