Seekers vs Barbarians

bolocactu
bolocactu Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
I need help deciding between these two classes because I only have one character slot open. State your reason and why I should choose that class.
I might be black
Post edited by bolocactu on

Comments

• MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    bolocactu wrote: »
    I need help deciding between these two classes because I only have one character slot open. State your reason and why I should choose that class.

I had the same decision to make a short while back and went with seeker. One of the absolute main reasons was that, at the time anyway, EVERYONE was advertising free FC for seeker. I did many, many free fc's and got to 101 very quickly. Because of the high defence and cheap morai 101 weapon, its been a very cheap char.

I now have a 90tt leg, other higher level mold gear, most to +2 or 3 only and the morai weapon (ie - Im undergeared to ****)

The reason I say this, just to give you something to compare is that in NW if Im in the winning team I get between 60-70 NW token. I also get one shotted all over the place by archers, psychics and wizzies mainly. I can solo pv 100 in about 8mins.

One of the big downsides now that I'm 100+ is BH. Obviously I walk into BH GV easy, BH WS and Lunar I can get in squads but Im never the first choice and BH SOT and ABBA, I will get in only if they cant fill the squad usually.

I actually don't play the seeker much now EXCEPT to support my other chars. It would be great in NW with better gears. I very much wish I could do all the BH's more easily.

Anyway that's the perspective from someone who chose a seeker. I'll admit that I envy the Barb's because they can get in any squads they want, and often wish I'd chosen Barb instead.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    barb obviously, much more fun and interesting to play.

You can btw make a second account and make them both. Id advise making them both on the same acc in that case so you can acc stash HA. :)
  • bolocactu
    edited March 2013
    barb obviously, much more fun and interesting to play.

You can btw make a second account and make them both. Id advise making them both on the same acc in that case so you can acc stash HA. :)

Why no love for the seeker?
    I might be black
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Play both to level 30~40 and then decide. We cant choose for you because we don't know your preferences or what you're looking for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Why no love for the seeker?

Because my main is a barb and i have had lots of fun with him. I like leading a squad, having the responsibility to keep everyone alive and happy. i like using almost every skill that is available to me when i am pulling and aoeing mobs.

The seeker was a bit simple and boring to play imo. But, i only played it to lvl 77. (hes my zhenner) so i dont know if it would get much more interesting after that :)
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited March 2013

There's a simple way to decide which one.

Seeker pros:

Epic in NW(PVP)
    Best AOE in the entire game(PVE)
    Defence Level buff, makes them a LOT tougher stacked with Omalleys and G16/R9 Defence level boosts.

Barbarian Pros:
    High HP naturally
    Damage soakers, can be hard to kill if well geared(PVE and PVP)
    Somewhat good aggro holding(Unless 5aps sins in squad(PVE)
    Decent PVP class in NW, but not the best ability to kill others. They get more points from taking hits( instant charm death), then actually being able to kill players.
    HP and Melee Damage buffs anytime

Ignore the NW part if you do not participate in NW to begin with, I know some don't. I specifically mention NW because that's the main farming method for almost everyone who can attend to get better gear/coins that is preferred.

But in a few words.....

PVP: Seeker

PVE: Barbarian
  • bolocactu
    edited March 2013

Play both to level 30~40 and then decide. We cant choose for you because we don't know your preferences or what you're looking for.

I did that
    I might be black
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well that will teach me to read the OP first before selecting my poll.... I thought you had meant in a 1v1.
    Scratch 1 off Seeker, move it to Barbarian.

b:surrender

Theoretically seekers have an advantage over barbarians in a 1v1, they have heavy armor and def levels to protect them from the barbarians low hits and physical attacks. Seekers have like 3 or more ranged magical attacks and Edged Blurr which imo is practically broken; it hits through invoke, Absoulte Domain and even Iron Guard powders.

But if you had to PLAY as one of them throughout the game? Go with the barbarian because there will always be a need for a tank. Even if the DDs are experienced players and know their class.... It's going to be slow and rough for everyone. A barbarian (Even if he can't keep aggro from the sparked sin on a boss) is an invaluable asset to a squad.

I would also agree with Chigenkaiona saying,

"But in a few words.....

PVP: Seeker

PVE: Barbarian"

But only if you could choose between the TWO. If you wanted the Best class out there for PvP then it's a toss up between a Wizard, Psychic, Assassin, Seeker.

But usually in the end which class you play wont matter... It just comes down to who has better gear and refines, who has more charms and apothecary items, who finished more of their Morai skills and finally raw skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
    edited March 2013
    But usually in the end which class you play wont matter... It just comes down to who has better gear and refines, who has more charms and apothecary items, who finished more of their Morai skills and finally raw skill.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • bolocactu
    edited March 2013
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

b:sadBut what about before endgame?b:sad
    I might be black
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited March 2013

It's the same thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
    edited March 2013

Before endgame, if you do NW, your best bet is a barbarian cause they are hard to 1 shot even for r9 psy's or archers. But end-game seeker>barbarian for PVP if bult right.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have a seeker but enjoy my barb better due to the fact barbs are better for any situation this game throws at them.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2013
    Because my main is a barb and i have had lots of fun with him. I like leading a squad, having the responsibility to keep everyone alive and happy. i like using almost every skill that is available to me when i am pulling and aoeing mobs.

The seeker was a bit simple and boring to play imo. But, i only played it to lvl 77. (hes my zhenner) so i dont know if it would get much more interesting after that :)
    Admittedly, you have a bit of a biased opinion because your main is a barb.

For my experience, the barb is a bit simple and boring, doesn't get the respect deserved, and people just want to prove they are pro by stealing aggro, dying, and then complaining that you didn't hold it.

The Seeker on the other hand, can do practically anything a barb can do. Plus it's got added debuffs to help the squad, more AoE skills, and if you didn't find chaining skills at least marginally interesting, then you didn't play it right.

In the end though, as has been said already. Play both to 40 or even 60 and choose which style you like better. Don't hyper it, and actually learn how the class works.

(BTW: proud owner of a 92 barb that tanks BH100's AND holds aggo, and a 97 Seeker that not only does the barbs full job in FCC, but can do both the pulls and the AoE DD in a Full Delta run. Given the coice to play either one, I find both extremely enjoying, but I have a bit more fun on the Seeker.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Barb for sure. Seekers take no effort to play, all the work is done for them, especially being so op. Barb takes some skill to play. IJS I also have a seeker, and it doesn't take any type of effort in gameplay to play it. I'll stick with my barb.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I can do anything you can do betterrrrrrr
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I actually find my seeker quite boring but it has better looks and is just bh material.But yeah the skill range to play seeker is on the scale of 4.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Carniceiro - Lost City
    Carniceiro - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Seeker is better ofc
  • burningsweetfire
    burningsweetfire Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    b:cute Most of the post here are barbs.
  • bolocactu
    edited March 2013
    Sweetiebot should I play as a seeker or a barbarian?
    I might be black
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sweetiebot should I play as a seeker or a barbarian?
    I don't know, do you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• bolocactu
    edited March 2013
    I don't know, do you?

Sweetiebot choose one at random. Seeker or Barbarian
    I might be black
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited March 2013
    Sweetiebot choose one at random. Seeker or Barbarian
    I choose one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands

• bolocactu
    edited March 2013
    I choose one.

Classic Sweetiebot.

Sweetiebot tell me to play as a seeker.

Sweetiebot show me a picture of Spoder-Man.
    I might be black
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited March 2013
    Sweetiebot tell me to play as a seeker.
    I fell and bumped my head into the table.
    Sweetiebot show me a picture of Spoder-Man.
    Sure, no problem.

Image of 'a picture of Spoder-Man.'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Let's not derail this with sweetiebot, as fun as she may be.

The off-topic stuff with the bot has been moved to off-topic.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2013
    I fell and bumped my head into the table.

Sure, no problem.

Image of 'a picture of Spoder-Man.'

I can't read it, but that picture is freaking hilarious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It purely depends what you want to do end game.

PVE:If you are talking PvE, the barbarian can tank anything fairly easily but lacks when it comes to consistent AOE damage, although a seeker has an easier time in the AoE department mainly due to vortex.

Both have good survivability, a barb has a higher HP pool plus invoke and solid shield for example, the seeker has the defense level buff. If you want to be more technical, in a self buff only scenario, a barbarian will always be on top for the ability to take a hit and survive since they have several skills to fall back on(Cornered Beast,Invoke,Solid Shield which is a genie skill. These are some examples)which is where they out shine a seeker. When it comes to farming, I would say both have several options open to them, whether it be simple AOE farming or selling a service such as wraith gate trophy mode.

PvP:Now this is a very touchy subject, as everyone has their biases and personal opinions. Anyway, I will tell you point blank, at end game rank 9 stage 3, a seeker is extremely deadly mainly due to their ability to have God of Frenzy on their physical as well as elemental attacks, you will have very easy time for the most part disposing of heavy armor classes as well as squishy arcane users.

But be warned, the seekers biggest downfall is their lack of anti stun and crowd control ability, if you get focused fired in a group PvP scenario you can almost guarantee your going to die, mainly due to the fact again, seekers don't have reliable anti stuns especially if you did not go sage. Also when matched up against a similar geared arcane such as a ,Cleric or Mystic, they are at a huge disadvantage since unless they get a one hit or charm bypass, a seeker can easily be locked in place or fail to kill through their healing ability. This is NOT true of every scenario but this should give you an idea of what you might be in for.

A Barbarian now is a bit of the opposite. You can normally guarantee survival when your playing against anyone whether that be group PvP or 1v1. Their large arsenal of damage reduction skills allow them to ensure they will stay alive. And now with the Morai skill Cornered Beast, it makes everything a bit easier. Their ability to kill is not as high as a seeker, but with a well placed Armageddon, you can 1 shot most anyone or charm bypass.
    That is not everything a Barbarian can use to kill but it is just an example.

This is just my brief take on both classes in PvE and PvP, but there is waaaaaay more involved than what I have said. Both are excellent classes for PvP and PvE. But the main differences is, Seekers at end game have a slight easier time killing, where as a barbarian has a much much higher survivability pool. In the end it is your choiceb:thanks.

Sorry for the wall of text -.-.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    both have their good and bad. It depends on your gameplay preference more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • bolocactu
    edited March 2013
    Ok people apparently the poll isn't working because it's tied or is really close. So help me choose people.
    I might be black