Blessing fix easy

rolldeep
rolldeep Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
Update the 21/3

if i remember right there was a blessing bug back in 2009 or 2010 with the blessing for thoes that made new chars that hade a name of an old deleted char.

So try fill all your empty char slots with new "dummy" chars so you have 8 chars there.
then test the blessing page if it still dont work trie and delete the "dummy" chars again and retest the blessing page that might work for you

chrome fix:
1: right click on the google chrome browser on your desktop
2: select open file location
3: now right click on the chrome application (in the pop window"folder)
4: select properties
5: insted of only Chrome write this Chrome --allow-running-insecure-content
6:delete all browsers temp files(cookies / cache and history)
7: restart your browser (close & open it again)

IE fix:
1: Click on Tools
2: Internet Options
3:Go to Security tab
4: Select Internet zone (default selection)
5: Click on Custom level (button under Security level for this zone section)
6: scroll down and find Display mixed content
7: if it is on enabled change it to prompt or vice versa
8:delete all browsers temp files(cookies / cache and history)
9: restart your browser (close & open it again)

by the way if your running with some addons either in firefox/IE/chrome that blocks tracking you might wonna disable it for pwi's blessing site.

Post edited by rolldeep on

Comments

• Tulipia - Dreamweaver
    Tulipia - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    "Could not send item. Please try again later."

Nope still doesn't work either in Chrome, FF, or IE.
  • Levantica - Raging Tide
    Levantica - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have firefox for many years and dont work. But if there was a bug it will have been at all characters but is not working for new characters only. At my old character work just fine but at new one it does not say anything. Just when I send it, the page refresh and it does not say anything at all just it let me send again and again but it dont work b:cry
    I want blessing!! b:surrenderb:surrender
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hey guys, have you tried clearing your cache and history for your browser(s)? I'm sorry for the trouble, but the Jones Blessing page should be working.

I'll check with our team to see if anything else is going on.

- Val
  • SinFulGodX - Sanctuary
    SinFulGodX - Sanctuary Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Working fine for me o.o
    edited March 2013
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey guys, have you tried clearing your cache and history for your browser(s)? I'm sorry for the trouble, but the Jones Blessing page should be working.

- Val
    I clear history, i even change computer and it dont work. I have 2 characters old and it works fine for them, only for me not. My sister made new character to and she have same problem as me but only at her new character b:cry Help GM!
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Currently working for me with Mozilla. But it is a current issue still I have heard that sending blessings to a new character is not working.
  • kenpachikensai
    kenpachikensai Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just grabbed them for two accounts on Google Chrome.
    edited March 2013
    Just grabbed them for two accounts on Google Chrome.

It works perfect for old characters. Try create a new one and see that it dont work if it is new.
  • lordhanzo
    lordhanzo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It works perfect for old characters. Try create a new one and see that it dont work if it is new.

Just created one and got the blessing less than 3 secs after I click the Jones.

ps: I use FireFox.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
    edited March 2013
    lordhanzo wrote: »
    Just created one and got the blessing less than 3 secs after I click the Jones.

ps: I use FireFox.

b:cry why me, why me? It dont work and I have firefox to
    edited March 2013
    Maybe GM can enter my account and see? Just an idea I dont know what to do anymore. b:cry
  • lordhanzo
    lordhanzo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Maybe GM can enter my account and see? Just an idea I dont know what to do anymore. b:cry

Dont know it's affecting your ID or not, I remember reading somewhere that an ID that has alot of characters combined from all servers will have a difficulties receiving the blessing, and also when the character have \ or / on their name.

Will be nice to see an official statement of this..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
    edited March 2013
    lordhanzo wrote: »
    Dont know it's affecting your ID or not, I remember reading somewhere that an ID that has alot of characters combined from all servers will have a difficulties receiving the blessing, and also when the character have \ or / on their name.

Will be nice to see an official statement of this..

I have Levantica name b:cute and I share computer with my brother cuz mine got broken. He got 3 characters and i got 3 as well. But many people complain about new characters glitch. I dont know but is hard at NW without blessing.
  • rolldeep
    edited March 2013
    rolldeep wrote: »
    Update the 21/3
    Look ad first post updated today but it didtn bump it up ad it didtn put my mane as last post wrote/edit thats the reson for this one

bump

lets see if ths aint working before v4liance tells the support team about the msg i wrote to him/her about a prem fix for the blessing web page
  • carrigan1975
    carrigan1975 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    v4liance wrote: »

- Val

Still not working for newer characters.b:sad
  • rolldeep
    edited March 2013
    Still not working for newer characters.b:sad

have got a few friends to make totally new pwi char(they never played pwi before )
    and only a few hade problems with the page in firefox or IE or chrome.
    witch was fixed by either what i wrote in the first post or by removing the blocking addons that they were using.

so if your running with some addons either in firefox/IE/chrome that blocks tracking you might wonna disable it for pwi's blessing site.
  • DeeDania - Raging Tide
    DeeDania - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just removed "Dont track me" from Abine n now Chrome works fine for me, again b:pleased
    f:grin Awesomeness is a state of mind f:shy
    edited March 2013
    Just removed "Dont track me" from Abine n now Chrome works fine for me, again b:pleased

It works perfect to me to but not on new character. Well few months new not new new ...So the problem is character not Firefox or anything else cuz I dont have problems with other characters.
  • manyak0090
    manyak0090 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    blessing again doesn't go send already it repair
  • rolldeep
    edited March 2013
    It works perfect to me to but not on new character. Well few months new not new new ...So the problem is character not Firefox or anything else cuz I dont have problems with other characters.

sounds weird but well facebook did make a few new updates within the last few month, so have you checked your facebook account setting
    (Security & Privacy and Tools & Timeline and Tagging & Manage Blocking und Apps)

some newer facebook accounts might be blocking pwi in some way.
  • Tulipia - Dreamweaver
    Tulipia - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's not facebook account related. I can send the blessings fine to my older characters using my FB account, ut not the ones I made 1 month ago till now.
  • rolldeep
    edited March 2013
    It's not facebook account related. I can send the blessings fine to my older characters using my FB account, ut not the ones I made 1 month ago till now.

if i remember right there was a blessing bug back in 2009 or2010 with the blessing for thoes that made new chars that hade a name of an old deleted char.

So try fill all your empty char slots with new "dummy" chars so you have 8 chars there.
    then test the blessing page if it still dont work trie and delete the "dummy" chars again and retest the blessing page that might work for you
  • JoanCreepers - Dreamweaver
    JoanCreepers - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's not just about new characters actually. When I created a cleric about a month ago, she could easily receive blessings - even after obtaining a dreamchaser pack. The problems began when I created this one and sent a dreamchaser pack to her - at first there was a message like "unable to send the blessing at the moment" then just "unable to send the item". Notwithstanding, I can send the blessing to a char on Momaganon.

I realise there were people who made money off glitching the packs and who even managed to get rare items exploiting the functionality of the facebook connect feature. I can also understand that developers might have come up with a countermeasure of sorts. In my opinion however, this countermeasure should not concern players who just want to play the game without breaking the license agreement.

I tried the proposed solution of cleaning cookies and cache but it didn't work. I'm still convinced it's not the client problem.

I might want to try this out, thanks.

And again, please fix this bug, it puts us at a disadvantage b:sad b:surrender
    edited March 2013
    Yes and after the new update is still not working for new characters. I created mine i think 3 months ago I cant remember but from day 1 the blessing did not work and at my old characters it works just fine .
  • __RedFox__ - Heavens Tear
    __RedFox__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    it has to be RT server i cant get jones blessing on RT but i can click HT server and it will send it its not the computer setting its something having to do with RT server and pwi updates
  • katamara
    katamara Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It does not work for new characters for a lot of people. People get bogged down it's this browser and it's that browser, and send people off on a wild goose chase.

I have 2 characters, added a 3rd, 6 weeks ago, and cannot get a blessing. They are all on the same account.

Neither can many many other people.

This is the problem.

Somewhere, somehow, a database or something is not updated to recognize new characters. End of story.
  • rolldeep
    edited March 2013
    Update the 22/3 look ad first post
    i just hope that the gm's wont be to mad about the little javascript i posted for/to thoes still having problems with getting the blessing
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I assume the item ID is for Jone's, what's the item ID for O'Malleys?
  • viciousminx
    viciousminx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    rolldeep wrote: »
    i just hope that the gm's wont be to mad about the little javascript i posted for/to thoes still having problems with getting the blessing

Had to pull that section until Val could have a look at it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Message Me!Submit a Ticket!Forum Rules!
  • Born_Again_ - Sanctuary
    Born_Again_ - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Will it be posted here when it get cleared?
    b:heart C. G. C. b:heart
    - a guild/faction on many servers, where ethics and behaviour actually matters and makes a differense

b:pleased

facebook.com/group.php?gid=22920649068
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=348361