The FC situation, what now?

Options
Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Tideswell (East)
So I appears from all these forum posts that FC has now blocked hyper stones from being activated from within the instance. For many, this appears to be the end of the 'Frost babies' - for others, mass QQing about how to level their toons.
So, lets hear what it means for you guys? Whats it going to change on our server?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
Post edited by Esnemyl - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    NigeIus - Dreamweaver Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    nothing, it will just change the time to hit lvl 100, perhaps now it will take u less or around teh same.

considering pv, delta, cube of fate and mqs. no hyper in fc means ppl should play more time to gain the same exp.

ps: forgot about bhs XD
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    In all the way people will QQ, good thing to make the power lvl less possible, but for people 100+ that was using fc to lvl to 105 well won't be able anymore.

I didn't power lvl any of my char and didn't plan to make news so for that I don't care, but I wanted to do fc on my mystic 102 to lvl 103. So yea I guess I won't do it now. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    So people have to level like we had to 4 years ago. Im good with that. FC still gives good exp and was used to get exp before hypers were released.

Countless other ways to get good exp anyway. This just stops people from lving low level alts without doing anything.
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    So people have to level like we had to 4 years ago. Im good with that. FC still gives good exp and was used to get exp before hypers were released.

Countless other ways to get good exp anyway. This just stops people from lving low level alts without doing anything.

u will be happy wiht anythng that makes ppl sad XD

i hope this is just a mistake, not couse i love doing fc,,,,pff i had to lvl doing deltas...didnt have coins for oracles and fc was dammm hard for me QQ thoe mobs stuning u all the time were a pain in the ***...then they changed and was easier..but oo well iwas already 100 XD
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    In all the way people will QQ, good thing to make the power lvl less possible, but for people 100+ that was using fc to lvl to 105 well won't be able anymore.

I didn't power lvl any of my char and didn't plan to make news so for that I don't care, but I wanted to do fc on my mystic 102 to lvl 103. So yea I guess I won't do it now. xD

PV should take the place now. And players 100-105 are probably gonna be very happy when they discover PV is much faster and then wonder why they did FC in the first place.

For the lower levels however, PV will be more boring and than playing FC instead of paying. Another and one of the greatest instances to actually play when youre level 80 will have died.
    It would be so much better if they just made it impossible to sell the FCs. For example make you choose level range when entering and another level range can never enter. So you have to play it with the same level range as you do the exp room with. Just an idea i come up with while typing this posts. Surely the game developers should be able to make even better ideas instead of just killing a whole instance.
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Did they put drops back to it or it is it quite usesless now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    PV should take the place now. And players 100-105 are probably gonna be very happy when they discover PV is much faster and then wonder why they did FC in the first place.

For the lower levels however, PV will be more boring and than playing FC instead of paying. Another and one of the greatest instances to actually play when youre level 80 will have died.
    It would be so much better if they just made it impossible to sell the FCs. For example make you choose level range when entering and another level range can never enter. So you have to play it with the same level range as you do the exp room with. Just an idea i come up with while typing this posts. Surely the game developers should be able to make even better ideas instead of just killing a whole instance.

I personally don't like pv, luring a bunh of mobs is bleh boring. I like FC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

You mean like FC where you lure a bunch of mobs too and shoot some heads? Very few people actually still ran the full instance like it was intended for and just bought big rooms, that to me is just as boring...
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    it seems all this is gonna be reverted b:thanks
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Was gonna level alts. Probably not gonna level them now.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

getting to 103 with FC was ok, but at level 104 its nearly worthless, I did a full run in FC solo and got maybe .2 where as I could do multiple PV's in 1/4 th the time it took for an FC and get nearly 1.8% (yeah its only once a day if you aren't in shroud and I know not everyone can solo it but in my option was less of a hassle and something different)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • BlastFlare - Dreamweaver
    BlastFlare - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I quest to level.... It doesn't affect me, but it affects the players around me.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Part 1: 3 multi quote limit is fail. Big Daddy can go for more any day.
    So I appears from all these forum posts that FC has now blocked hyper stones from being activated from within the instance. For many, this appears to be the end of the 'Frost babies' - for others, mass QQing about how to level their toons.
    So, lets hear what it means for you guys? Whats it going to change on our server?
    This is interesting indeed. Point of curiosity.. Haven't logged in since some time in December or so. Personal reasons. Maybe will come back some day, maybe will not. Time and development in reality as well as game shall tell. Seeing as I've finished out my g16 nirvanas on barb and am over half way to completion of seekers g16 Astral Ballad to boot (same account with stash stone, so shared gears) hasn't been much compulsion to play anymore since the introduction of NW which made the game oh so easy to gain gears. Even got my warsong g14 done in a week of play.

so to the question already..
    possible to activate outside instance, then enter and have it running? has anyone tried this yet. From my experience.. people are super duper miserly about the time they activate the hypers. I've pretty much always left the hypers actively running the entire time in FC, and as of late I can run more than one in a single set. If its possible to do as I'm envisioning - the change is little to no effect on FC leveling time with a true pro FCer. That accounts for a sin that stealths through and kills bosses, leaving hallways untouched (except for perhaps the bishops if the people running are lazy). A half *** geared (read as tt90) seeker with buffs including BP (no charm required - as any pull large enough to kill you - will kill you charm or no with BP on) can run through the instance and rack up nice EXP for an in range squad. With the instance cleared to Big Room.. you get the picture.

I'll let you in on a little secret. I used to buy big rooms from sins... because I know from experience they dont clear the halls. I would then do the big room on one of my toons for profit. Then I would take my seeker and hyper the rest of the mobs in the instance and get all that exp for myself. So realistically speaking I was hitting mass profit from both the buyers and sellers.
    FC is the same old thing really... and I solo both on both seeker and barb. Only difference is that FC has more bosses, more runs per day, and a higher base EXP reward.
    I quest to level.... It doesn't affect me, but it affects the players around me.
    obviously a lowbie if you are still questing to level. enjoy them while they still propel you at a nice rate.
    Did they put drops back to it or it is it quite usesless now?
    THIS might actually be a compelling reason to return to game. of course my junk is better already. Make FC super ridiculous hard and g17. In all honesty here.. there ought to be an instance that is so ridiculously hard that the rewards are better than rank 9 3rd recast. Would give the uber nerds with no life that live in their parents basements living on pretzels and beer a way to compete with the corporate whoremongers that are sponsored by visa and american express.

yeahhh.. I just went there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • AnnaKay - Dreamweaver
    AnnaKay - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Would give the uber nerds with no life that live in their parents basements living on pretzels and beer a way to compete with the corporate whoremongers that are sponsored by visa and american express.

yeahhh.. I just went there.

b:chuckleb:chuckle
    laughed incredibly hard.

when i heard about the FC non-hyper situation (which was what, last maint?) i laughed a bit, as i dont play much frequently, only to say hello to 1 or 2 people on the game ive known for years, but i thought about how QQ everyone would be (and thats my favorite allure of PWI b:laugh ).

lvl100 without fc is obtainable, not really so hard. 100-101 is even easy as hell, just do cube, PV (without noobs who *** it up), AEU and bh2 and 101 is easily achieved in mere weeks. even that can be said for lvl 102.

but lol 103 and 104? ** that. doing fc on 104 can get with 2 activations in one run about .5% (this is via a sin). if u arent lazy and can be bothered to do 5 fc runs a day, thats good exp. and 1 run takes barely 15-20mins.

what they really should do is remove 2nd boss summon so lazy ppl like me dont have to wait out the summons to kill the boss b:surrender

but anyway, cant imagine anyone wanting to bother with FC on any other class lvl 104, or hell, even lvl 103. ** that lolol. the effort/time required for 1 run would be too annoying. very easily to get unmotivated to play game having to do all that work. but w.e i cbf for pwi 99% of the time, so maybe my opinion is too subjective xD

PV is ok those lvls too in a way. mostly if u just plan on soloing or have the ability to do that.i can get about 5 runs with openers in doing it solo, but that requires effort... this word effort.. for PWI... ehhhhhh ew.

but eh, im lazy, and cbf for more than minimal effort in pwi anymore.

FC = easy. only reason people gonna QQ about it is losing the easiest **** in game to do.

blah blah... forums are boring.b:thanks
  • Aristo - Dreamweaver
    Aristo - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    wow shut up AnnaKay, noone cares what u have to say 99% of the time either
    I HAVE NO IDEA HOW IT AFFECTS ME BUT IT DOES AND I AM VERY ANGRY ABOUT IT
  • AnnaKay - Dreamweaver
    AnnaKay - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    wow shut up AnnaKay, noone cares what u have to say 99% of the time either
    I HAVE NO IDEA HOW IT AFFECTS ME BUT IT DOES AND I AM VERY ANGRY ABOUT IT

LOL!!!b:heart

A Barb, a Veno, and a huggy hare walk into a bar and for no legitimate reason, one entirely unrelated to the story, AnnaKay gets banned. b:scorn
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    There must still be 1% of the time that people do care which I find hard to believe b:kiss
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Banned for what :o?
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • viciousminx
    viciousminx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Aww let's not talk about bans on here please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Message Me!Submit a Ticket!Forum Rules!
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Aww let's not talk about bans on here please.

Forgive me, I was curious. b:thanks
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    i quit pwi, but this is great news! i have long since waited for something like this to happen, to show that pwi cares about at least something the players have to say. im sure almost everyone who has been in FC have hypered there to level up, but it is still great. it only bothers me for two reasons:

1. it is a very sudden change, and therefore creates a lot of shock to gameplay. all the high levels who took advantage of FC have gotten away with it, and anyone who have planned to use it "just like everyone else has" have had their dreams suddenly interrupted.

2. i was not able to stay in pwi to witness this change
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.