Zan's BM videos

Options

Comments

• Madebyvisa - Raging Tide
    Madebyvisa - Raging Tide Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Leaps against a sin are far from pointless. It keeps me from getting locked down. If a sin is given free reign to do anything they want, that's game. I locked when I could, if a stun failed I lept back, and I didn't try to expend more chi than I had to by trying to go for a lock through Tidal.

StealthSai is +12 weapon with +10 gear, admittedly my +11/12 refines are better but he's going to hit as hard as any full +12 sin. His damage wasn't something I could take likely and due to evasion being a thing, as well has having Deaden Nerves and Tidal Protection he proved to be quite slippery.

xuthoc is full +12 with Jades. He actually outgears me.

Jarkhen and I are of roughly similar gear. He has a +12 bow, +12 NW recast ornaments, and +11 armor with immaculate citrines. My shards are better, but his refines on his ornaments are better.

Zheii I'll admit I outgear as I have 6k more HP than she does, but she doesn't like me to gear down to fight her so I didn't. I have before, I try to make the matches I participate in as even as possible.

I don't know what opponents you face, but getting into the habit of going in blind is not something I'm interested in. Wasting my resources or not being cautious could very easily result in death against someone competent. The fact that you believe blessing swapping useless and that I should lock down a heavy armor from full HP says a lot about you. None of them good.

okay so then its not the gear its the skill of ur opponents...

sin fight .. p marrow bm and no elemental pot and just condensed once .. pretty straightforward he wud have killed you in the start if he had used em .. i get leaps if thatt was the case but he was playing so terribad u cud've also ended in a single stun thru tidal...

seeker.. purging a seeker selfbuff .. and u talk about wasting resources... *facedesk* u realise how fast it is torebuff it ... at least use a fash wep to hide youre purge attempts and mask them in btwn somthing else if u wanna get by with that ...

archer... there u went offensicve propr for that and doing so he had no chance of doing anything really..

didnt even watch the last seeker fight cause the first one made my eys bleed too hard ...

over all u overcompensate for a possibility that any of those u faced wud hacve the slightest clue on how to 1v1 ... in a sense im saying good job in a sense bad cause u wasted so much time doing what u could have done 10 times faster.. cause none of them posed any threat.. maybe just maybe there was a possibility of them being a threat thru gear but skill wise .. jesus.. not even by a long shot... id like to see a 1v1 with som1 who knows what they doing essentially then all ur gimmicks could be appreaciated more since u would probably need them...

and to ypu're last point about blessing swap jones is a 1v1 bless if u need malleys for a 1v1 ur doing it wrong imho.. malleys is for mass pvp / tw only .. sure maybe id swap to omalleys if i were to face som1 with same gear and 500 more spirit but this is not the case...

locking a ha from full hp.. well idk since im deity i can do that and theyre dead before cycle ends .. guess its harder for i assume vit shards ? but then again the performance of that seeker.. u cud waste everything u got on him and he'd still be too clueless to do anything about it i bet..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    okay so then its not the gear its the skill of ur opponents...

sin fight .. p marrow bm and no elemental pot and just condensed once .. pretty straightforward he wud have killed you in the start if he had used em .. i get leaps if thatt was the case but he was playing so terribad u cud've also ended in a single stun thru tidal...

You do realize the only reason I killed him at the end there was because I was able to double zerk crit and it bypassed his charm right? A single stun through tidal would not let me walk all over him. I can hit him hard, but if I can't get some good zerk crits in he would survive the one stun and be able to retaliate by either kiting, sealing, stunning, or sleeping me. I'd have to waste my anti stun or genie trying to kill him through tidal which would have left me open if I failed to actually get the kill.

seeker.. purging a seeker selfbuff .. and u talk about wasting resources... *facedesk* u realise how fast it is torebuff it ... at least use a fash wep to hide youre purge attempts and mask them in btwn somthing else if u wanna get by with that ...

Apologies for not having money to throw around on weapon fashion. I don't care about the weapon fashion, I don't like the weapon fashion, I don't use the weapon fashion. It's a waste of money in my opinion. The best way for me to hide purge attempts would be skill spam, but really if I have on a poll what else would I be trying to do?

archer... there u went offensicve propr for that and doing so he had no chance of doing anything really..

It's a shame that you only understand offense.

didnt even watch the last seeker fight cause the first one made my eys bleed too hard ...

Oh lawdy.

over all u overcompensate for a possibility that any of those u faced wud hacve the slightest clue on how to 1v1 ... in a sense im saying good job in a sense bad cause u wasted so much time doing what u could have done 10 times faster.. cause none of them posed any threat.. maybe just maybe there was a possibility of them being a threat thru gear but skill wise .. jesus.. not even by a long shot... id like to see a 1v1 with som1 who knows what they doing essentially then all ur gimmicks could be appreaciated more since u would probably need them...

Ask and you shall receive, I'm actually finding music for a video of multiple 1v1s against a target that outgears me.

and to ypu're last point about blessing swap jones is a 1v1 bless if u need malleys for a 1v1 ur doing it wrong imho.. malleys is for mass pvp / tw only .. sure maybe id swap to omalleys if i were to face som1 with same gear and 500 more spirit but this is not the case...

Blessing swapping helps to prevent random zerk crit charm bypasses against Seekers. I don't like to let gear change how I play too much, so rather than develop the bad habit of relying on it I play like I've always played. Blessing swapping is a tactic that allows me to tank far better than only using a Jones, and it's a simple matter to swap to Jones during my lock. When done right I can tank more efficiently while not losing too much damage out of my stunlock, and maintaining full damage during it.

locking a ha from full hp.. well idk since im deity i can do that and theyre dead before cycle ends .. guess its harder for i assume vit shards ? but then again the performance of that seeker.. u cud waste everything u got on him and he'd still be too clueless to do anything about it i bet..

No matter how clueless he may be he still has a +12 weapon against primeval stones, zerk crit charm bypasses are a thing.

Also, I looked up and down on my server for wood pots or the mats to make them, I found nothing. I wanted to use them on someone.

Much sad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    The very fact that you are using deity shards in a BM raises questions to me about your sanity. At the very least, it certainly shows where your priorities lie. I'd give a lot for a chance to 1v1 you on equal gear -- and I'd be willing to bet you wouldn't even win, let alone survive as long as Zan did.

Protip: if he had gone full offensive against me at the beginning of our fight, he would have been absolutely slaughtered. I typically play pretty defensively, and was basically waiting him out on chi for most of that fight -- if he went full-blown offensive, I probably (barring very lucky zcs and such) would've been able to survive and follow up with a counteroffensive that would have left him on the ground since he'd be out of resources to stop me. This applies even moreso to most other classes than archers, especially sins.

As for leaps: yes, they're pretty easy to predict, and I found myself baiting them with STA instead of straight using stun so I wasn't wasting my only CC, but it's still a time-waster for me and good mobility for him. This applies even more to melee classes like sins. I honestly can't imagine why you would even bring this up as a potential criticism.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    Options
    The very fact that you are using deity shards in a BM raises questions to me about your sanity. At the very least, it certainly shows where your priorities lie. I'd give a lot for a chance to 1v1 you on equal gear -- and I'd be willing to bet you wouldn't even win, let alone survive as long as Zan did.

Protip: if he had gone full offensive against me at the beginning of our fight, he would have been absolutely slaughtered. I typically play pretty defensively, and was basically waiting him out on chi for most of that fight -- if he went full-blown offensive, I probably (barring very lucky zcs and such) would've been able to survive and follow up with a counteroffensive that would have left him on the ground since he'd be out of resources to stop me. This applies even moreso to most other classes than archers, especially sins.

As for leaps: yes, they're pretty easy to predict, and I found myself baiting them with STA instead of straight using stun so I wasn't wasting my only CC, but it's still a time-waster for me and good mobility for him. This applies even more to melee classes like sins. I honestly can't imagine why you would even bring this up as a potential criticism.

theres only 2 archers in rt that occasionally beat me due to overgearing me.. archers are the least of my worries as a sage bm.. so id take u up on that challenge any time b:chuckle and as to ur point of going full offensive .. what would u have done then lol expanding resources ? with primal skills at least as sage i barely even can run out of chi.. will of bodhi + vac 35 second of u no being able to do nothing .. and yeah as a deity bm my zc to a selfbuffed +12 josd full nw archer is in the lines of 28 k + without any debuffss.. so yeah idk why wud i have a hard time ... ofc thats just how i wud do it ..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited May 2014
    Options
    theres only 2 archers in rt that occasionally beat me due to overgearing me.. archers are the least of my worries as a sage bm.. so id take u up on that challenge any time b:chuckle and as to ur point of going full offensive .. what would u have done then lol expanding resources ? with primal skills at least as sage i barely even can run out of chi.. will of bodhi + vac 35 second of u no being able to do nothing .. and yeah as a deity bm my zc to a selfbuffed +12 josd full nw archer is in the lines of 28 k + without any debuffss.. so yeah idk why wud i have a hard time ... ofc thats just how i wud do it ..

Even if you have chi, you'd be putting things on cooldown. In order to get that 35 seconds you have to blow two methods of anti stun, both of which could potentially be purged. Both of which an Archer can match. Both of which an Archer could render useless by kiting.

With Deity you're going to be significantly less tanky than a Jaded BM, or even a Primeval Stone one. If you go full offensive and expend apo and chi like that, then get caught by an Archer who knows what he's doing it's going to come back and bite you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Also, I looked up and down on my server for wood pots or the mats to make them, I found nothing. I wanted to use them on someone.

Much sad.

5 minutes of farming u have 100 of them.. i guess lazy ppl is lazy b:chuckle

as to ur other comments offense= best defense in many cases ...
    naturally i understand the importance of defence too why else wud i have maxed s-cards and +11/+12 ornies...

but overly defensive = just a waste of time .. ofc if thats how u allways wanna play then sure be my guest .. what ever gets the job done ...

truthfully theres a billion and two ways to play a bm no right no wrong ... but seeing as ur critisism is allways based on the fact that urs is the only way to do it ... makes me a lil girl gigglin b:shocked

anyway looking forward to the next part.. hopefully u get a 1v1 where all that defence is needed.. mite turn out to be a good watch...

and the wep fash part is true its ugly costly and useless cept for masking purges .. which overall imho is kinda silly in a selfbuffed 1v1...
    Even if you have chi, you'd be putting things on cooldown. In order to get that 35 seconds you have to blow two methods of anti stun, both of which could potentially be purged. Both of which an Archer can match. Both of which an Archer could render useless by kiting.

With Deity you're going to be significantly less tanky than a Jaded BM, or even a Primeval Stone one. If you go full offensive and expend apo and chi like that, then get caught by an Archer who knows what he's doing it's going to come back and bite you.

with deity im squishy that deity archers hit me 13k crits josd ones barely tickle ... unless a purge comes and bloodwov or w/e that archer hf is called in a perfect timing the archer wont kill you even if i had everything in cd .. thats just the cold hard fact that i see .. meybe can try metal combo with ep but theres allways hos and faith and what not .. u dont spend all youre resources using skills and apo .. amirite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h78-_X_E7PA theres 2 full josd full nw cast tricked out archers with s cards in there... and as you can notice i dont even allways use defence charms for archers.. even they outgear me .. cuz theyre so cake..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited May 2014
    Options

as to ur other comments offense= best defense in many cases ...
    naturally i understand the importance of defence too why else wud i have maxed s-cards and +11/+12 ornies...

If you say so.

but overly defensive = just a waste of time .. ofc if thats how u allways wanna play then sure be my guest .. what ever gets the job done ...

That's like, your opinion and stuff.

truthfully theres a billion and two ways to play a bm no right no wrong ... but seeing as ur critisism is allways based on the fact that urs is the only way to do it ... makes me a lil girl gigglin b:shocked

I'm not saying mine is the only way. I'm pretty sure I never said that.

anyway looking forward to the next part.. hopefully u get a 1v1 where all that defence is needed.. mite turn out to be a good watch...

and the wep fash part is true its ugly costly and useless cept for masking purges .. which overall imho is kinda silly in a selfbuffed 1v1...

Seekers man.

Next video soon. Music is such a pain to find.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

Really? where, how? could you provide details? I would love to farm this in 5 minutes flat.

As for everyone here, please join sanctuary b:dirty. So much more fun here.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited May 2014
    Options
    with deity im squishy that deity archers hit me 13k crits josd ones barely tickle ... unless a purge comes and bloodwov or w/e that archer hf is called in a perfect timing the archer wont kill you even if i had everything in cd .. thats just the cold hard fact that i see .. meybe can try metal combo with ep but theres allways hos and faith and what not .. u dont spend all youre resources using skills and apo .. amirite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h78-_X_E7PA theres 2 full josd full nw cast tricked out archers with s cards in there... and as you can notice i dont even allways use defence charms for archers.. even they outgear me .. cuz theyre so cake..

I'm still not too sure how I'm supposed to take a Deity sharded BM that sparks in fights seriously. If I'm perfectly honest those seemed like lucky wins. You didn't seem to be planning anything out or capitalizing on their genie usage. Not to mention a few wasted skills here and there, but please don't make me go back and check all of those off. It was a lot of effort to do that for Kni's video, and I really don't want to do it again.

Also, I'm curious, how exactly does one outgear a +12 Deity BM?

Anywho.

There was some kind of mess up with my rendering, having to redo it. More people should post so there's something to read while I wait on it to finish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited May 2014
    Options
    The latest vid is up! This features multiple 1v1s against a full end game Archer, it was certainly an interesting set of fights and hopefully you guys enjoy.

Clickity
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I'm still not too sure how I'm supposed to take a Deity sharded BM that sparks in fights seriously. If I'm perfectly honest those seemed like lucky wins. You didn't seem to be planning anything out or capitalizing on their genie usage. Not to mention a few wasted skills here and there, but please don't make me go back and check all of those off. It was a lot of effort to do that for Kni's video, and I really don't want to do it again.

Also, I'm curious, how exactly does one outgear a +12 Deity BM?

Anywho.

There was some kind of mess up with my rendering, having to redo it. More people should post so there's something to read while I wait on it to finish.

how to outgear well umm for example that last archer is 105-105-104 as i am 104-101-102 ...
    he is u sing a nw pot im not .. he has everything +12 i got parts +11 such as necklace and other ring and robe helm... then theres cards... over spiriting me and and overleveling all of my cards... nuemas titles meridians .. u know all of it prtty much...

as far as lucky .. not so much lately was getting closer and closers to gear match... and started to loose only to a few select sins ..
    as for mistakes sure i make em and no need to find em since i dont really play anymore anyway...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited May 2014
    Options
    how to outgear well umm for example that last archer is 105-105-104 as i am 104-101-102 ...
    he is u sing a nw pot im not .. he has everything +12 i got parts +11 such as necklace and other ring and robe helm... then theres cards... over spiriting me and and overleveling all of my cards... nuemas titles meridians .. u know all of it prtty much...

as far as lucky .. not so much lately was getting closer and closers to gear match... and started to loose only to a few select sins ..
    as for mistakes sure i make em and no need to find em since i dont really play anymore anyway...

So far I haven't seen nuemas make much of a difference, and the difference in +11 and +12 when you get to that level of gear, especially if it's on ornaments, isn't nearly as bad as it once was. Spirit only amounts to so much honestly, at best I imagine they'd have 10-15 Attack/Defense levels over you with it.

Given how you talk I figured someone like you would have most of that stuff at a fairly decent level, you know what with your Deity Stones and your end game fights and all.

Anywho. Let's hear your thoughts on the latest video. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
    edited May 2014
    Options
    The latest vid is up! This features multiple 1v1s against a full end game Archer, it was certainly an interesting set of fights and hopefully you guys enjoy.

Clickity

good watch.. this fight seemed to make sense since the archer actually knew what he was doin.. ofc that sorta gear gap leaves u kinda open but then again all those things i said u over did were needed here... if all youre opponents were like this ur overall play wud make mcuh sense to me ... anywyas thanks for posting..
    So far I haven't seen nuemas make much of a difference, and the difference in +11 and +12 when you get to that level of gear, especially if it's on ornaments, isn't nearly as bad as it once was. Spirit only amounts to so much honestly, at best I imagine they'd have 10-15 Attack/Defense levels over you with it.

Given how you talk I figured someone like you would have most of that stuff at a fairly decent level, you know what with your Deity Stones and your end game fights and all.

Anywho. Let's hear your thoughts on the latest video. b:laugh

especially with archers it affects alot due to accuracy and evasion aka missing on the lvl parts...
    nuemas not so much yea but it all adds up with lower refines and card lvls ...
    and spirit well it affects way more than ur letting urself into ... 300 spirit difference isnt like 10-15 attack levels its more in the lines of the effect of 60 att lvls when the difference is btwn a deity and a josd player... i know ppl i used to just stomp thru in pk that now have all these card sets with like 800+ spirit opposed to my 500 or so and yeah the difference is so huge it turned the tide completely..
    and well over all with refines cards and meridians i miss like 4k base hp that i could have and by cards i loose a ton more since most mine were like lvl 30/80 back then if even that as opposed to enemys 80/80 on all of them...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited May 2014
    Options
    good watch.. this fight seemed to make sense since the archer actually knew what he was doin.. ofc that sorta gear gap leaves u kinda open but then again all those things i said u over did were needed here... if all youre opponents were like this ur overall play wud make mcuh sense to me ... anywyas thanks for posting..

especially with archers it affects alot due to accuracy and evasion aka missing on the lvl parts...
    nuemas not so much yea but it all adds up with lower refines and card lvls ...
    and spirit well it affects way more than ur letting urself into ... 300 spirit difference isnt like 10-15 attack levels its more in the lines of the effect of 60 att lvls when the difference is btwn a deity and a josd player... i know ppl i used to just stomp thru in pk that now have all these card sets with like 800+ spirit opposed to my 500 or so and yeah the difference is so huge it turned the tide completely..
    and well over all with refines cards and meridians i miss like 4k base hp that i could have and by cards i loose a ton more since most mine were like lvl 30/80 back then if even that as opposed to enemys 80/80 on all of them...

Every 10 spirit = 1 Attack/Defense. That's 30 Attack and Defense levels they'd have over you.

I can relate to having people stomp you now that you could faceroll previously. My first experience with spirit and passives was getting facestomped by a +8 Veno that could hit me for 10k+ on 17k HP even though they were near clueless on how to play.

Though I do have to ask how do you know their Meridian is maxxed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Every 10 spirit = 1 Attack/Defense. That's 30 Attack and Defense levels they'd have over you.

I can relate to having people stomp you now that you could faceroll previously. My first experience with spirit and passives was getting facestomped by a +8 Veno that could hit me for 10k+ on 17k HP even though they were near clueless on how to play.

Though I do have to ask how do you know their Meridian is maxxed?

Well its also related to sharding.. being deity i have low def and if a josd enemy has more spirit they get btr return than what a deity would.. sure there prlly is some legit math thing to calc it but i really dont care about specifics.. i go with what i notice..

how to know meridians.. simple matter of asking.. when i do 1v1 its allways friendly apart from few too egoistic ppl that dont realise they actually suck...

but yah at so close to endgame many small things make a big effect.. its not like when ud +7 a cube neck on immac gear... with selfbuff alone example my pdeff ring fron +11 to 12 is like 1k .p ress.. and with reawakened s card sets for example the hp gain is more than that of whole r9rr ... the last few tweeks just have a ridiculous price tag...

and yeah nw pot 105 with me not using any.. is a huge diff..
    but anyway im retired from active bm stuff so guess ull know all this when u come to it with gear...

i beat every1 on my server in 1v1 sure i lost too.. sure i made mistakes.. but for now getting tha last part of gear is a waste to me...

gl with bming ill keep an eye out if u get more of these good fights..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OJoseRizaLo - Raging Tide
    OJoseRizaLo - Raging Tide Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    the fight against the sin almost made me throw my computer out of my window....where is the damn apoth against that pmarrow? seriously the sin 3 spark and sthealthed! rofll then he comes out and used expel? really? and your genie against sin QQ... if i were you against sin i would use high dex genie with windshield badge of courage fortify and expel ... those are the skill you need agaisnt sin imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40JDg6tJiuk
    my friend run out of apoth so i took the advantage to spam pmarrow
    we are not end game toons so bare with us :D
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited June 2014
    Options
    the fight against the sin almost made me throw my computer out of my window....where is the damn apoth against that pmarrow? seriously the sin 3 spark and sthealthed! rofll then he comes out and used expel? really? and your genie against sin QQ... if i were you against sin i would use high dex genie with windshield badge of courage fortify and expel ... those are the skill you need agaisnt sin imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40JDg6tJiuk
    my friend run out of apoth so i took the advantage to spam pmarrow
    we are not end game toons so bare with us :D

I don't have the luxury of a genie like that, I haven't been able to find a single 81 LP genie, let alone multiple ones for different genie builds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    More PVP vids! b:bye
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited June 2014
    Options
    More PVP vids! b:bye

I haven't been able to find much PvP lately, I'm hoping to record the upcoming PvP tournament though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I'm currently rendering the footage I recorded of Archosaur's PvP tournament. It's from the BM PoV, obviously, and sadly only features the two fights my team had. A few hours before the tournament started I changed around my hotkeys so my playing is definitely a bit off, but this is a far more efficient setup I believe. At least once I'm completely used to it.

There are quite a few mistakes on my part in the first fight, if you wish to comment on that feel free but I'm already aware. The fights were a bit short, and the video is sped up to 1.5x speed so it's only about 5 minutes long, but I'm hoping you guys enjoy it anyway!

I got in a lot of 1v1s lately but forgot to record them, hopefully I can find more and put them up. I'll edit this post with the link once my video is on youtube.

EDIT: Alright guys, the vid is up!

Click here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • SobeSoul - Momaganon
    SobeSoul - Momaganon Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    The last video I enjoyed. Considering we didn't get that on Morai. So it was nice to see. Even if you are a nab Zan! <3

b:bye

Morai - SobeSoul 103 Cleric
    Morai - Talise 102 Veno
    Raging Tide - Sunkist 101 Wiz
    Raging Tide - SaltyFish 103 Sin
    Dreamweaver - SobeSoul 96 Veno

My Rainbow Chicken & I are Awesome!! f:hehe
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited July 2014
    Options
    A new video is out! A 1v1 compilation against Asceia, one of the better Assassins of my server. They were fun fights so be sure to check them out

Click me, click me!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    good fights. it seems that u got very lucky a few times there. also it doesnt look like you use an auto potter or defense charms.
    Request for a video:
    1v1s with Cursed and a Psychic
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited July 2014
    Options
    good fights. it seems that u got very lucky a few times there. also it doesnt look like you use an auto potter or defense charms.
    Request for a video:
    1v1s with Cursed and a Psychic

We both agreed to not use Defense Charms for the fights, in pretty much all of our fights we never do. I just never have any. Auto potter isn't a necessity for PvP, though it is convenient it can **** you out of a well timed Flame Tsunami which is an extra stun as well as one of our hardest hitting skills.

I fought Cursed a few times a while back when I first redid my skill bar, we each won a few rounds. They were certainly some interesting fights, especially since I haven't gotten to fight Wizards in a while. I also fought Sid on his Psychic, Deity stones hurt but all in all they were pretty decent matches. He was using a STR genie on me for a while before I got Star Smite but now that I have it he swapped back to another genie since I could regenerate the chi he stole while he camped in White Voodoo. I'll see if I can get more fights against them to record.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Btw Zan dont get me wrong im not expecting u to steamroll everyone u come across with, Its pretty much the preparation advice, and purpose for it, how and when to try to execute etc.

I myself had not used willsurge since i never trusted my timeing. I was always using Lawbreaker vs the full 3rd cast sins cause most have they combo they go for and normally Breaking the seal screws that up, and im not forced to use apos and i can get out of the bind.
    Team work is Flawless,

• Viktorian - Archosaur
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I dunno. Watching Zans videos always makes me feel like I need a new genie.
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Btw Zan dont get me wrong im not expecting u to steamroll everyone u come across with, Its pretty much the preparation advice, and purpose for it, how and when to try to execute etc.

I myself had not used willsurge since i never trusted my timeing. I was always using Lawbreaker vs the full 3rd cast sins cause most have they combo they go for and normally Breaking the seal screws that up, and im not forced to use apos and i can get out of the bind.

I don't think anyone expects me to steamroll anyone b:avoid

I've never liked Lawbreaker, you need a Strength genie to make it truly effective and even then it can still fail. It takes up a large amount of energy and against the classes you'd use it against there are better options honestly. Against Wizards I'd prefer Occult Ice, against Assassins you shouldn't be using a Strength genie, and against Psychics the chance to get sealed is too high to justify Lawbreaking the current one unless you can prevent the next set of seals and go for the kill.

Against Assassins the trouble is figuring out which type of lock they'll go for, early in the fight that can be a bit difficult but you can sort of guess depending on how they go for their combo. If they spark but don't use a chi regen skill it's likely they'll go for a Seal, if they do use chi regen a stun is probably coming your way. Sometimes they'll mix it up when they realize you're predicting correctly, so it's a pain to truly know what's happening. Once they've used their stun however, it becomes a bit easier as they'll usually go for it on cooldown. What I try to do is figure out which is the most threatening to me at the time, and block that.

Also, even if you get stunned early in the fight by mispredicting the lock they'll go for, if you use Will Surge at the right moment it'll outlast their stun by just enough time to get a Leap Back off. Unless they sleep you, but in doing that their Freeze will wear off, even if you get sealed, allowing you to gain some distance. Even if you don't, you'll likely be able to break their lock by leaping back once they freeze you as they won't have a Seal or Sleep ready.

...that was a bit more than I wanted to type, I guess I got carried away. Also, Windshield helps you to tank the damage in case you do mispredict early in the fight. You could also use it to straight up tank if they don't spark, which allows you to take one of their combos and block the next with the appropriate skill (Fortify or Will Surge). It'll also leave you with enough energy to use Absolute Domain should you be put in that position, though having to use Domain so early in a fight isn't ideal.
    I dunno. Watching Zans videos always makes me feel like I need a new genie.

All the genies, all the time, all day every day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Alright awsome break down on to Chapter 2 now pls :P
    Team work is Flawless,

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Alright awsome break down on to Chapter 2 now pls :P

Make Dan do it, he's the guide maker remember? b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Make Dan do it, he's the guide maker remember? b:sad

if u want to talk it out i can write it up for you
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]