Missing PackDLL.dll

FoxyGR - Raging Tide
FoxyGR - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Support Desk
PatchDLL.png
I'm trying to help someone install and run the game, and when it comes to patching the game to the latest version, this is the error they are getting. I've got the screen cap from a SKYPE screen share.
The message is saying that PackDLL.dll is missing. Is there something that can be done so he don't have to reinstall the whole game for a third time?
Post edited by FoxyGR - Raging Tide on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2013
    It's because your antivirus ate it. Read about fixing your antivirus to ignore the client files, and then run Launcher.exe from the client directory and verify the files.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trump - Raging Tide
    Trump - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    what AV do you have?
    more questions asked-more ppl helping to solve-better community-better support...b:bye
  • jasoncollege24
    jasoncollege24 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I received this same error message after my girlfriend's antivirus program flagged the following file as a Trojan virus and moved it to the virus vault.

C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\patcher\PackDLL.dll

Before I could start the launcher to update or run the game, I had to go into the virus vault and restore this file, then add it to exceptions so it would not get flagged again.

The antivirus that she uses is Trend Micro.
    Silence! I heal you!
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2013
    I received this same error message after my girlfriend's antivirus program flagged the following file as a Trojan virus and moved it to the virus vault.

C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\patcher\PackDLL.dll

Before I could start the launcher to update or run the game, I had to go into the virus vault and restore this file, then add it to exceptions so it would not get flagged again.

The antivirus that she uses is Trend Micro.
    Yup, that's exactly what I said in the second post. Now you need to go to the TrendMicro site, figure out how to exclude the client directory, and after that's fixed, repair your client using the method I described already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]