Perfect Pets Valentine

Options
Nariin - Dreamweaver
Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
EDIT: title cut off (Perfect Pets Valentine Contest - Winners)

Since there was no thread about winners this time (or at least I couldn't find it) so I'll make one.

Not to be a hater, but to me it was pretty disappointing. Yes everyone has different preferences, but it's the first time I think they didn't do a good job judging.
...put your PWI pets into real life, or your real life pets into PWI, or mix them up!
Thought the contest was about mixing real life with PWI, but there was no pics with real life pets or even pwi pets in real life among the winners. They are not really about "pets", except third.

There also didn't seem to be any from email submissions, makes me wonder if it even works.

(1.) Not bad.
(2.) ]Beautiful drawing, but I don't like the idea much. b:surrender
(3.) Seriously..?
(4.) Typical cheesy valentine stuff that people normally like. I don't.
(5.) It's alright.

What do you think?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
Post edited by Nariin - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Some of them are beautifully done, but its suppose to be about real pets in PWI or PWI pets into real life and I do not see that here.

I guess since most gamers live in their mother's basement and are hermits, that they don't have real life pets?
    b:question b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cosmintank2010
    cosmintank2010 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    ( 1 ) make your own magazine cover... look it up on google ... it's pretty much the same what he did.
    ( 3 ) yeah, let's make some random pet pict and put them over a random valentine wallpaper that i got over the internet and win the contest.
    ( 4 ) srsly? my 10 year old kid can do better then that. i can even see the edges of the background picture of 1k they put in the back ... lots of pictures all on top of eachother. layer 1 ( 1k ) layer 2 (some random pets from pwi) layer 3 (1 flaming heart ) + some cheesy floral brushes and the pwi logo.
    There where a lot better pictures in the contest ... js
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Honestily when I saw the news post, I don't remember seeing anything about having pwi pets represent real-life pets as apposed to just being pwi pets alone. Ah well, only skimmed it over anyway.

Every single one of those five images is a broken link or broken image o.e
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    The only thing I really remember is they say if that was a SS at least one pet on the SS needed to be own by the participant, other then that there was no rules really. Just checked again and yes the pet/animal needed to be own by the participant, image found on google or w/e wasn't allowed, I saw other nice images, but they had ''google'' pet/animal image. sometime some people have great images, but don't follow the rules.

I personally like them especially the 1 and 2, the 3 and 4 not the best, but not the worse, the 5 is really nice too.

It's art, I could draw a pink flower and some people will love it and other won't.

The only thing I hate in those contest is people with no editing skills cannot participate cause they have no chance to win against people that know how edit images and stuff.

Sometime I wish they made SS contest without any editing, so everyone have a fair chance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    The only thing I really remember is they say if that was a SS at least one pet on the SS needed to be own by the participant, other then that there was no rules really. Just checked again and yes the pet/animal needed to be own by the participant, image found on google or w/e wasn't allowed, I saw other nice images, but they had ''google'' pet/animal image. sometime some people have great images, but don't follow the rules.

I personally like them especially the 1 and 2, the 3 and 4 not the best, but not the worse, the 5 is really nice too.

It's art, I could draw a pink flower and some people will love it and other won't.

The only thing I hate in those contest is people with no editing skills cannot participate cause they have no chance to win against people that know how edit images and stuff.

Sometime I wish they made SS contest without any editing, so everyone have a fair chance.

I agree, whenever there is one of these contest, I just skip the new because I only know how to use paint for editing images b:surrender
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I agree, whenever there is one of these contest, I just skip the new because I only know how to use paint for editing images b:surrender
    I just learnt a few days ago how to use the line curving tool in paint \o/
    --yeah I don't know how to use almost any image editting tools if it doesn't involve Word, Paint, or at one point the old tools they had for Photobucket OTL

A no-edit screenshot contest would be wonderful :3! We have some pretty great non-editted screenshots of people from the 'favourite screenshots of 2009/2010/2011/2012 threads' so it could for sure be done.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    indeed no real pets in pwi or pwi pets in real life

boring o.o

but i did like all the winners, pretty pics