Faith on Seeker Genie

burningsweetfire
burningsweetfire Posts: 142 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Seeker
Considering how placing Faith in your genie will remove AD, Expel, and Cloud Erupt (unless your level 105). I'm wondering what other seeker think about this genie I may create on my seeker. My seeker built is pure dex (It's a difficult explanation and it's my unique built) and my play-style is semi-tanky and semi-hit and run.

Genie: Discipline (PVP)
Level: 101
Lucky Points: 81+
Stats:
STR: 3
DEX: 64 +16 (From ornaments)
VIT: 72
MAG: 34 +16 (From ornaments)

General Stats:
Energy: 172
Regen: 2

Skills:
Faith - Purify and Holiness Buff.
Badge of Courage (80%) - Break that stun in 1 on 1 situations.
Holy Path - Self Explanatory
Heart of Steel - Yes... Archer and Seeker metal attacks are painful.
Fortify - Against Kamikaze Bms and Sins.
Extreme Poison - Damage Boost Against Tanky Players
Nullify Poison - Block Mystic and Veno's attacks and their debuffs.

If you notice, the genie is used as a debuff immunity genie, since I'm tired of so many bms and sins bragging they can stun lock me, so I might as well pop in faith and shoot them down. I admit, there are holes in the genie, but I'm depending on my seeker's natural defense to take hits and use charms and apoths against intense damages.

So what you guys think about this genie?
Post edited by burningsweetfire on

Comments

• Hannsel - Dreamweaver
    Hannsel - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Considering how placing Faith in your genie will remove AD, Expel, and Cloud Erupt (unless your level 105). I'm wondering what other seeker think about this genie I may create on my seeker. My seeker built is pure dex (It's a difficult explanation and it's my unique built) and my play-style is semi-tanky and semi-hit and run.

Genie: Discipline (PVP)
    Level: 101
    Lucky Points: 81+
    Stats:
    STR: 3
    DEX: 64 +16 (From ornaments)

General Stats:
    Energy: 172
    Regen: 2

Skills:
    Faith - Purify and Holiness Buff.
    Badge of Courage (80%) - Break that stun in 1 on 1 situations.
    Holy Path - Self Explanatory
    Heart of Steel - Yes... Archer and Seeker metal attacks are painful.
    Fortify - Against Kamikaze Bms and Sins.
    Extreme Poison - Damage Boost Against Tanky Players
    Nullify Poison - Block Mystic and Veno's attacks and their debuffs.

If you notice, the genie is used as a debuff immunity genie, since I'm tired of so many bms and sins bragging they can stun lock me, so I might as well pop in faith and shoot them down. I admit, there are holes in the genie, but I'm depending on my seeker's natural defense to take hits and use charms and apoths against intense damages.

I reserve faith for 105 genies. AD/expel are too useful not to get.
  • Horugou - Raging Tide
    Horugou - Raging Tide Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Faith doesn't help when you're dealing with a tanky assassin who will just catch you once the few second buff wears off, not to mention it GUZZLES genie energy, I refuse to sacrifice expel and AD for faith.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I think that is strange...
  • Vyrrg - Harshlands
    Vyrrg - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I myself just made a beautiful seeker genie

longevity
    82/100
    100dex
    50vit
    42magic

badge of courage (troll those BMs and sins!)
    AD
    Holy Path
    Fortify (if you dont know why i have this, you should rethink your seeker skillzzz)
    Heart of Steel (sorry, cleric, archers, and fellow seekers)
    Extreme Poison (soon to be replaces with Elemenal weakness when I get to 102 and have 1 more affinity)
    Tree of Protection (For those huge solo PV pulls)

I wouldn't want to get faith on mine as yes, you escape a few status effects but unfetter+badge of courage could easily do that, plus you're sacrificing possible combo opportunities from their debuffs! (dat archer metal debuff)
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Why is Expel so popular? I thought HA would be enough protection from physical attacks. I use Expel on my archer but never felt the need for it on seeker.

I have a Faith/Belief genie that I use sometimes when I feel the need to tho its not my primary PVP genie. Its useful and sometimes I use it for the purify as well as breaking stuns. My problem is I'm awful at timing anti stun skills against BMs and sins, maybe its cuz I never played those classes. So I need a stun breaking skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Why is Expel so popular? I thought HA would be enough protection from physical attacks. I use Expel on my archer but never felt the need for it on seeker.

I have a Faith/Belief genie that I use sometimes when I feel the need to tho its not my primary PVP genie. Its useful and sometimes I use it for the purify as well as breaking stuns. My problem is I'm awful at timing anti stun skills against BMs and sins, maybe its cuz I never played those classes. So I need a stun breaking skill.

It's nice to have badge of courage on your genie if you want to break out of stun.

Also, I personally don't have expel on my TW/NW genie but on my 1 v 1 genie, i do have it.
    Cuz, you can basically glitch expel + quid pro quo so that you have physical immunity for the next 8 secs while also not having that pesky seal on you. Comes in handy when fighting against sins and bms and barbs(not that we would need it against barbs lool)..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Expel on a seeker is pretty handy. You can combo it with QPQ, but it takes practice and patience in timing. Activate QpQ, and while it is in channeling, use expel (not too early or not too late). You will get the benefits of expel to resist all physical attacks, and silence the target you transfer it to.
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    note for new players: the Belief genie skill was originally called Faith and most people still call it that.

I've changed my mind about about Faith. My Faith genie is now my main NW genie. This forum is dominated by people who play TW, there are far fewer sins and BMs in TW then in NW because the top TW facs limit their entrance. But in NW sins/BMs are everywhere. My faith genie has enough magic to be able to use it as soon as the cooldown is over and I pretty much use it that often when in combat. Faith dominates your affinity requirements and takes over your genie unless your 105. For NW on a seeker that doesn't matter. Just keep using Faith over and over again don't waste energy on other skills.

I think that for TW tho Cloud Eruption will help a seeker more and its hard to have both on the same genie. For TW sparks is more important but in NW breaking stuns is more important. That's my current thinking on this subject.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013
    Yes. Faith was very underrated when it first came out cuz it took most of the affinities.

But now, it is a very useful skill which any class should honestly. A noob seeker who only does sac slash + qpq all day long to other classes would be no threat if the opponent use uses faith to nullify all those debuffs lol .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HerbalLife - Archosaur
    HerbalLife - Archosaur Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Why use up all 160 energy points defending yourself from Fortify combo, when u can spend 75 Energy , by using heart of steel. great for OP archers, cleric, and Fortify combos.

but Faith is really handy. in NW TW. when getting ganked.

It all depends your genie build, and your style of play, some seekers know how use expel ""outside the box'''

I'm a Pure Magic genie. Where I have 140 Magic, so I can expel every 30secs.
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013
    since faith uses like 160 energy, i only ever use it in NW and TW when i m being ganked
    or when my QPQ is on CD and i get like millions of amps and debuffs on me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HerbalLife - Archosaur
    HerbalLife - Archosaur Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    since faith uses like 160 energy, i only ever use it in NW and TW when i m being ganked
    or when my QPQ is on CD and i get like millions of amps and debuffs on me.

Faith FTW in those situations~b:victory