2013 the best possible wizard?

Flourine - Raging Tide
Flourine - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Wizard
Thoughts?
I'd really like to know if its the awesomest a wizzie can be.

http://pwcalc.com/a1049b8dfef71286

I had to improvise the stats of the tome to create the new emperor tome made from tokens.

b:pleasedb:pleased
Post edited by Flourine - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thoughts?
    I'd really like to know if its the awesomest a wizzie can be.

http://pwcalc.com/a1049b8dfef71286

I had to improvise the stats of the tome to create the new emperor tome made from tokens.

b:pleasedb:pleased

Please tell me this is a troll.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Flourine - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    Please tell me this is a troll.

no not really, id really like to know the best to aim for in this game, a reference would be nice.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2013
    no not really, id really like to know the best to aim for in this game, a reference would be nice.

you can start by ditching 3rd nv gear and replace with 3rd r9 gear, that's an easy one. +20 vit stone do not exist in pwi, so you can replace those with jades (or the upcoming +3 def lvl stones that are not in pwcalc yet). You can change the variable stats on the armor to above minimum, and the neck should be pdef. One ring should be the ghostport ring +12 (even though pwcalc doesn't show, it gives just shy of 1.5k pdef AND mdef when refined). Cape should be the NW cape (heaven ravavger lvl 60). Emperor tome has 400 hp, but no vit. Somehow work in engraves on neck and both rings. Restat vit to 3, and str to base of 10 (tome gives 45 str, no need to have 54 base base str) and put all of those points into magic. Change helm to heaven ravager hat. I'd personally use g12 sapphires in wep, but I suppose that is a matter of personal preference, you may also decide to use a star's destiny ring +12 depending what you are fighting for the extra pdef.

edit: oh and remove those ridiculous buffs, I keep mine self buffed.. but if you must then just hp buff, ep buffs (level 10), and bm buff.. none of this budda's guard ****
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I know basically nothing about wizards so I can't say a whole bunch, but I'll tell you right now that there are no 20 vitality stones in this version, and also if you have a rank nine weapon and +12s on there why do you have g16 armour o_o
    And.. I'll leave the rest to the people who know what they're talking about I guess.
    and omggg what's with the full buffs from other classes on calculatours D: Maybe it's just me but that drives me up so many walls I can't even--

Edit:: Yeah I just got totally ninja'd.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    you can start by ditching 3rd nv gear and replace with 3rd r9 gear, that's an easy one. +20 vit stone do not exist in pwi, so you can replace those with jades (or the upcoming +3 def lvl stones that are not in pwcalc yet). You can change the variable stats on the armor to above minimum, and the neck should be pdef. One ring should be the ghostport ring +12 (even though pwcalc doesn't show, it gives just shy of 1.5k pdef AND mdef when refined). Cape should be the NW cape (heaven ravavger lvl 60). Emperor tome has 400 hp, but no vit. Somehow work in engraves on neck and both rings. Restat vit to 3, and str to base of 10 (tome gives 45 str, no need to have 54 base base str) and put all of those points into magic. Change helm to heaven ravager hat. I'd personally use g12 sapphires in wep, but I suppose that is a matter of personal preference, you may also decide to use a star's destiny ring +12 depending what you are fighting for the extra pdef.

edit: oh and remove those ridiculous buffs, I keep mine self buffed.. but if you must then just hp buff, ep buffs (level 10), and bm buff.. none of this budda's guard ****

This.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2013
    Because I was bored I just made a calc
    http://pwcalc.com/4c0d3bbc2ae1d661

These stats should be relatively accurate, I put the missing resists on ghostport ring on belt, put the missing atk/def lvl on belt on blessing (anni blessing), and assumed neck engrave was magic +11 x3 and just added to tome.

edit: forgot the 400 hp on tome, you can add that to gloves or something.
  • Flourine - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    Thanks a lot for the expert advice, man just when i thought i knew what a wizzie was,
    A short lived posts this was, Thanks again i couldnt find this info anywhere...
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's no problem! It's a common misconception of what is on the pwcalc vs what's actually in the game. Also, it's easy to get carried away with placing items when you don't have a good enough knowledgebase of end-game gear yet.

You've gotten your answer here at least! Adroit made a very informative post regarding that.
  • y4kuzi
    y4kuzi Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    "Reduce Physical damage taken +0"

I bet that helps alot xD
  • FayHumming - Dreamweaver
    FayHumming - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    b:cry we are weak, dam weak
    the survival of the fittest

-Thx all suport sell me SoW for 5M b:thanks tome/ring
    !!!SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!
  • getdenoobedkk
    getdenoobedkk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    OP why do you need that gear on a PvE server? LuLz
  • getdenoobedkk
    getdenoobedkk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    edited
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Flourine - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013

OMG a wizzy sage's dream , my dream!
  • taringa181
    taringa181 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    having a emperor tome would you trash 12 points in mag and add them in dex for 1% more crit?
  • BLOODTORRENT - Harshlands
    BLOODTORRENT - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    2013 the best possible wizard? = psychic

this gear on psychic 10x better than this gear on wiz

and even this gear, wizard pwned by same gear on archer, ijs

And don't listen to adolt - he's only here until is 18 month long charm runs out. Then he's quitting this dead game. Obtaining full requiem gear in the meantime was just . . . er, an accident.
  • RyougiShiki - Raging Tide
    RyougiShiki - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    2013 the best possible wizard? = psychic

this gear on psychic 10x better than this gear on wiz

and even this gear, wizard pwned by same gear on archer, ijs

And don't listen to adolt - he's only here until is 18 month long charm runs out. Then he's quitting this dead game. Obtaining full requiem gear in the meantime was just . . . er, an accident.

psy can be godly only if you cant read its buffs, but there is no psy's place in GvG due to its lame mobility
  • BLOODTORRENT - Harshlands
    BLOODTORRENT - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    who needs mobility with white voodoo and psychic will and seals etc? wizards really get the short end of the stick, ijs. Only good thing they got in the last 4 years was arcane defense. In the meantime, archers get stealth and aoe purge bow. real fair
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    BLOODNOOB, was wondering when you'd pop up again :)

And only someone as bad as you would die to an equally geared psy or ea, I haven't fought a single ea/psy on server that could beat me even 20% of the time.. it's not even fair most the time cuz even full 3rd cast +12 josd with nw gear psys and eas are one shots to an undined sparked d.pyro crit. Your comments are ill informed as usual.
  • RyougiShiki - Raging Tide
    RyougiShiki - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    who needs mobility with white voodoo and psychic will and seals etc? wizards really get the short end of the stick, ijs. Only good thing they got in the last 4 years was arcane defense. In the meantime, archers get stealth and aoe purge bow. real fair

psy has 12s life in GvG, then either instant dead fish or white voodoo forever till ppl abuse your body and finally killed you.

btw if you think white voodoo can really save your *** when 2 random dd and a veno on you then b:bye
  • Phobik_ - Raging Tide
    Phobik_ - Raging Tide Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Blood torrent have you ever fought an endgame wizard?
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    this thread is getting better and better, first we have this and now wiz vs psy *grabs pop corn*
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Mr_Lapp - Lost City
    Mr_Lapp - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Would go with a mix of Garnet Gems and Jades since it Jades dont protect you from Blade Tornado. Blade Tornado Purges through Def Lvls.b:shocked
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    Would go with a mix of Garnet Gems and Jades since it Jades dont protect you from Blade Tornado. Blade Tornado Purges through Def Lvls.b:shocked

nah, 95% of the time jades are the better endgame shard choice, and BT is usually pretty easy to kite
  • Mr_Lapp - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    nah, 95% of the time jades are the better endgame shard choice, and BT is usually pretty easy to kite

You are Right on that is it easy to Kite from BT but that depends on the situation also.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    You are Right on that is it easy to Kite from BT but that depends on the situation also.

yup, and most situations where you cannot kite it you are going to die regardless of your shard choice.. so.. go jades :P
  • Mr_Lapp - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    yup, and most situations where you cannot kite it you are going to die regardless of your shard choice.. so.. go jades :P

That is not entirely true =P just try to our DD the attacked at that point b:chuckle
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    That is not entirely true =P just try to our DD the attacked at that point b:chuckle

a) your font color is obnoxious and very hard to read
    b) your post makes no sense
  • Mr_Lapp - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    a) your font color is obnoxious and very hard to read
    b) your post makes no sense

I like it and i dont have much of a problem seeing the text. On the second part ya wasnt really looking at what I was typing, its a bit late for me at the momentb:shocked