Dual axes or dual hammers

Options
XLeeu - Heavens Tear
XLeeu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Blademaster
So here is the question.

My BM is STR/Vit build - My dex is JUST enough to carry my gear. I am NOT 5 APS ( I have a sin for that )

I mainly use my BM for grinding and NW.

I have R8 Axe currently. I have been lucky enough on my sin to have obtained both the G16 s3 Nirvi dual axes as well as Dual hammer molds.

Unfortunately funds dictate i can only make 1 of them b:cry

I will make them from scratch ( from original souledges to S1 to S2 to S3 )

I will be able to +8 them almost immediatly with Exclusive garnets ( for now ) and sometime in future push them to +10

So let me hear from the BM community - Which one will you choose and most importantly WHY ?

DUAL AXE

OR

DUAL HAMMER

xLeeu
I eat you last
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tried to sleep last night when my A.D.D kicked in :
1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep, cow, donkey, pig, Old McDonald had a farm YEAH.... Macarena !
Post edited by XLeeu - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    So here is the question.

My BM is STR/Vit build - My dex is JUST enough to carry my gear. I am NOT 5 APS ( I have a sin for that )

I mainly use my BM for grinding and NW.

I have R8 Axe currently. I have been lucky enough on my sin to have obtained both the G16 s3 Nirvi dual axes as well as Dual hammer molds.

Unfortunately funds dictate i can only make 1 of them b:cry

I will make them from scratch ( from original souledges to S1 to S2 to S3 )

I will be able to +8 them almost immediatly with Exclusive garnets ( for now ) and sometime in future push them to +10

So let me hear from the BM community - Which one will you choose and most importantly WHY ?

DUAL AXE

OR

DUAL HAMMER

xLeeu
    I eat you last

The g16 weapon is way better unless your r8 weapon has purge on it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XLeeu - Heavens Tear
    XLeeu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    @ Kniraven - ummm thanx but that was not my question -

I probably miscommunicated - Apologies -

I am ditching my R8 - No question about that.

I need to know which is better, the G16 Dual axes or G16 Dual hammers. Those are the two option i can go for.

xLeeu
    I eat you last
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tried to sleep last night when my A.D.D kicked in :
    1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep, cow, donkey, pig, Old McDonald had a farm YEAH.... Macarena !
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    My mistake, i read wrong.
    The only difference between the two is that the axes have wider damage range than the hammers.

They both have the exact same average damage, no difference at all, but the axes will occasionally hit lower than you'd ever hit and higher than you would with hammers.

So, if you want consistent damage then hammers, if you want to hold out hoping for a high spike, then axes.

Most people I imagine would prefer axes on account of spike damage pretty much being the purpose of the axe/hammer path.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    The only difference between the two is that the axes have wider damage range than the hammers.

There is your answer. It's the difference of hitting 7-9k with and average of 8k and nice consistant damage, or hitting 3-13k with an average of 8k with huge highs and low lows.

Most people prefer to have the wide range dual axes so that you get high spike damage and possibly jump charms, get the finishing blow, or lucky 1 shots.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory