Wizard/ Mystic?

atiris1
atiris1 Posts: 13 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Wizard
Hello everyone, I am returning to Perfect World after a couple years. I am not familiar with the new expansion and the changes to each class. I am returning this time, to play with my girlfriend who is pretty sure she is starting with a Mystic. I'm trying to decide which class I want to play with her while still being able to enjoy playing the class. These are the choices I am considering:

- Archer
- Seeker
- Psychic
- Mystic
- Wizard

Archer: My playstyle works best with this type of class. I use to play a Hunter in WoW and I play an archer in just about every RPG game I play. I excel at playing at a range while also playing the role as a damage class. I fear, however, that a full DD class teamed with Mystic would fail due to lack of having an actual tank

Seeker: I heard that Seekers got a lot of buffs in the new expansion, which is the only reason I'm considering playing one. Typically, a melee class doesn't appeal to me. But being a sub-tank / DD class may work better with a Mystic, especially if her player is new to the game. Plus they start out at the same starting zone.

Psychic: Psychics are fast-casting, hard-hitting mages that can also support heal. I'd spend my time killing mobs and then also support the mystic with off-heals if need be. Again, I question the survivability of our team without a tank and I think the Psychic will be less able to survive than the Archer.

Mystic: I played a Mystic my first time around and got it to level 50 (not that high, but I still feel like I had a decent understanding). By playing a Mystic, I think I can physically show her the mechanics and then build my Mystic to be more supportive/ healing based while directing her to focus on dealing damage. The downside is that I think it will be hard to find a squad with two mystics as oppose to the other classes I named.

Wizard: Basically the same thing as Psychic. The benefit to the wizard is its heavy damage and the ability to kill targets quickly because of it. But the downside is lack of survivability, probably more than the other classes I have named. I'm unsure of how Wizards would blend with Mystics as far as running around as a group.

So those are my thoughts on the subject and I was hoping that the PWI forum can shed some light/ experience on the subject to help me make a decision. Thank you!
Post edited by atiris1 on

Comments

• thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    In regards to archer: all classes are tanks in this game, and often there's an advantage to range tanking.

Regarding Seeker: their squad buffs aren't the greatest. Aggro holding: not great. They are a very useful class over rated for vortex; under rated for debuffs. This class I'd recommend if you don't mind the crazy use of MP pots or costs associated with tanking.

Psychic wouldn't have much to contribute, but are commonly said to be funnest class to play.

Mystic support / healing and dmg go hand in hand. Pure mag is only way to go for mystic. Mystic great at soloing, healing, and tanking so another Mystic wouldn't be a horrible choice except when it comes to getting in same squad.

Wizard is far from being a Psychic. A Psy can AoE from range repeatedly while Wizards can't. Wizard is possibly the worst dd (pve) in game (though it's always arguable based on use). Their buff is one of the most useless. When we were running caster nirvana we found that with same equips on my mystic as wiz: my mystic made the runs take about 1/2 the time (that's full squad of 6 toons). The mystic as also able to support heal, provided the +20% skill dmg buff, increased effect of heals buff, and res buff the squad. My veno was also far better than wiz and even the cleric was notably better.

Imo: what you should choose isn't even in the list! Cleric matk buff would further enhance both your mag dmg outputs. Cleric defense buffs are awesome, and their mp / hp recovery buff rocks too. Cleric also has an awesome mdef / pdef debuff. When you need purify: cleric has it. Mystics make great tanks so another healer isn't bad. Cleric also has a wide variety of mag and phys attacks from range which I think would provide you that archer feel. The Morai expansion brought some much needed major improvements to cleric like UV, Mark of Weakness, Magical Shackle, Ancestor's Blessing, etc.

I personally love playing Mystic, but Cleric is one of if not the best support toons, and is a decent dd.
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just roll a Seeker get it r9 3rd cast +12 him and have all buffs on and enjoy being pretty much unstoppable.
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
  • atiris1
    atiris1 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    How are seekers unstoppable? And how do they fair pve wise? I'm mostly doing pve with her and then id pvp myself on the side
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    atiris1 wrote: »
    How are seekers unstoppable? And how do they fair pve wise? I'm mostly doing pve with her and then id pvp myself on the side

well, a level 102 seeker soloed FB99 for me (the final story line development instance in the game right now). And in this game unstoppable in PvP means the PvE is all one-shots or you can solo entire instances in a few minutes.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    well, a level 102 seeker soloed FB99 for me (the final story line development instance in the game right now). And in this game unstoppable in PvP means the PvE is all one-shots or you can solo entire instances in a few minutes.

That's just r9rrr for you, when I do SOT trophy mode I lure the entire instance in one pull and kill all the mobs before the rest of the party catches up.. that isn't seeker specific :P
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]