2 questions about 2 classes :)

ciausescu
ciausescu Posts: 15 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion
I want to ask you guys 2 questions. I am making an archer but I read on forums about sage or demon but all posts are old before re-balance of archers, so now after Sirens of War update what is better for pvp archer demon or sage?
and my second question is about veno, my wife is making one and just want to know what is better for T3 weapon? Pataka, magic sword or glavie? I have all molds but i dont know for arcane veno what is better. Thank you so much guys and sorry if i sound like a noob. b:chuckle
Post edited by ciausescu on

Comments

• Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ciausescu wrote: »
    and my second question is about veno, my wife is making one and just want to know what is better for T3 weapon? Pataka, magic sword or glavie? I have all molds but i dont know for arcane veno what is better. Thank you so much guys and sorry if i sound like a noob. b:chuckle
    I have to follow my cliche self and say Pataka, it's the weapon the was made for veno, you know this as it's a veno's r8 and r9 weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • ciausescu
    edited February 2013
    I have to follow my cliche self and say Pataka, it's the weapon the was made for veno, you know this as it's a veno's r8 and r9 weapon.

Thank you for answer and i know rank have pataka that is why i asked but i wasn't sure. Thank you again b:bye
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Demon archer is the classic style for PVP. Sage used to be less PVP-focused than it is today, but the new Quickshot made some headway into that situation. In general, with the exception of Sage Quickshot... Sage focuses more on more powerful skills and DPH, whereas Demon focuses on microbuffs and maximum DPS.

But there's no substitute for doing your own research. Go on Ecatomb and look at the skills yourself. Whichever culti has the skills you like better, that's the one you go with. It's your character; don't let anyone else tell you what culti to choose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • ciausescu
    edited February 2013
    Demon archer is the classic style for PVP. Sage used to be less PVP-focused than it is today, but the new Quickshot made some headway into that situation. In general, with the exception of Sage Quickshot... Sage focuses more on more powerful skills and DPH, whereas Demon focuses on microbuffs and maximum DPS.

But there's no substitute for doing your own research. Go on Ecatomb and look at the skills yourself. Whichever culti has the skills you like better, that's the one you go with. It's your character; don't let anyone else tell you what culti to choose.

Thank you so much I think I will go sage. I dont want to use aps on my archer just use bow no fists. b:thanks
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    The veno weapon actually doesn't matter. You won't be using melee enough for the phys damage to matter in most cases, and all arcane weapons have the same average magic attack.

So in the end it comes down to looks and what you prefer. If you'd rather a smaller damage range, wand or magic sword are best. For spike damage go for the glaive or patkia.

Personally, I dislike patkias and if R9 in general wasn't so far above other gears, I'd never even consider it for any of my venos.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thank you so much I think I will go sage. I dont want to use aps on my archer just use bow no fists. b:thanks

You are going sage for pvp based on the advice of an archer who has never pvp in his life? I can't see anything wrong with that.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You are going sage for pvp based on the advice of an archer who has never pvp in his life? I can't see anything wrong with that.
    Yeah, because it's so blasphemous to give a general interpretation and then suggest that someone should think for themselves. Sorry, I'll just send the next newbie a memo to clear everything I say with grand-master Kiyoshi next time. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013

APS affects all weapons and not just fists. It also isn't the only thing there is to demons. I'd suggest looking through all the skills and comparing them to your current playstyle before making a choice.

Of course, since you're currently just making the archer, the choice really shouldn't be something you consider right now. Take some time to play the character in at least the mid-70s and 80s and grow accustomed to it instead of powerleveling it and blindly choosing a culti based on what you think it does instead of concrete knowledge of your playstyle and actual research into the skills. You'll make a better decision and be a better archer that way instead of being yet another person any decently skilled player will consider target practice.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • ciausescu
    edited February 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    APS affects all weapons and not just fists. It also isn't the only thing there is to demons. I'd suggest looking through all the skills and comparing them to your current playstyle before making a choice.

Of course, since you're currently just making the archer, the choice really shouldn't be something you consider right now. Take some time to play the character in at least the mid-70s and 80s and grow accustomed to it instead of powerleveling it and blindly choosing a culti based on what you think it does instead of concrete knowledge of your playstyle and actual research into the skills. You'll make a better decision and be a better archer that way instead of being yet another person any decently skilled player will consider target practice.

Thank you so much for answer. I been looking on skills and i like sage better. I think archers needs chi and after Sirens of War I think sage is much better then demon. And for veno, thank you a lot. I think I will make the magic sword, my wife dont like pataka either , she say they are to big hihihi. b:chuckle
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »

True that.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010