Elemental Ornaments or Psychical for G16 Archer

Lolegi - Sanctuary
Lolegi - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Archer
this question has been asked many before but I am still uncleared on which to chose elemental or physical necklace / belt for a G16 archer. keep in mind that this is for NW and TW not pvp or pk

Edit: spelled physical wrong in title sorry about that
Post edited by Lolegi - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Why not get a neck that is one and a belt that is another? =o
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Both.

Other archers and casters will be a bigger issue in mass PvP than most melees. Especially if you have bramble up.... but that doesn't mean a geared enough melee character can't kill you if you lack physical defense.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Badonkajonck - Archosaur
    Badonkajonck - Archosaur Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've seen some just use Physical. because they figured our Magic defense is bad so they bump physical and just go with that and hope they can take down the caster faster then they can cast.
    I'm a Forest Eating Hippo.

Currently working in Secret Forrest Location on Arch.

Current Equipment:pwcalc.com/3290bcd3841dc936<-- Buffed
    (Tips/advice always welcomed)
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    use magic def charms, they reduce magic dmg taken by 50% and casters cant aps you like sins or bms can, so they tick on every 2 hit
    get a genie skill heart of steel and use it against clerics and seekers and archers if you see them cast

i can kill some clerics with lightning strike and some barbs with normal attack, and even if you have 30k pdef i dont think youre invincible against some r9r +12 sins who can only use physical dmg
    both are essential, but usually archers have higher mdef then pdef on armor, so they go pdef ornaments to even it up and to pvp easier agaisnt other archers.. if ur poor use lunar rings they give both mdef and pdef

ill have 2 sets myself, eventually

edit - if you Must choose easier would be physical, cos archers can hit you at higher range, and they use normal attack usually, so if u dont wanna be 1 hitted use pdef ornaments, cos you can hit casters first most of the time
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    use magic def charms, they reduce magic dmg taken by 50% and casters cant aps you like sins or bms can, so they tick on every 2 hit
    get a genie skill heart of steel and use it against clerics and seekers and archers if you see them cast

i can kill some clerics with lightning strike and some barbs with normal attack, and even if you have 30k pdef i dont think youre invincible against some r9r +12 sins who can only use physical dmg
    both are essential, but usually archers have higher mdef then pdef on armor, so they go pdef ornaments to even it up and to pvp easier agaisnt other archers.. if ur poor use lunar rings they give both mdef and pdef

ill have 2 sets myself, eventually

edit - if you Must choose easier would be physical, cos archers can hit you at higher range, and they use normal attack usually, so if u dont wanna be 1 hitted use pdef ornaments, cos you can hit casters first most of the time

The amount of pdef you need for an archer to actually benefit from using mdmg on you is ****, since you'd have to offset the additional time it takes to cast metal. Clerics have a similar issue, since they don't really have much in the way of attacks, and the most efficient, by far, is plume shot. Seekers are either OP or not OP, so i wouldn't worry about them too much. On top of that, gemini is mainly physical anyway.

Go pdef and invest in mag charms.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    well, you can always refine your rings for pdef so elemental orns sounds more balanced.
    or you can get the r9 belt if you have the r9 ring that cannot be refined :p
    you only purge once #yopo