How do you beat this?

Kannone - Heavens Tear
Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Wizard
I saw this person's gear today and was like... derpderp b:shocked. How do you beat that? (yeah I even took the time to get every detail the same lol)

I've noticed in NW (I only really log in for NW and cube), that sometimes I'll target someone (BM, barb, archer, w.e) and sage SR or sage GS will do like 900-1100 damage and not move their HP when by comparison I usually hit for 4-7k non crit on others... how does that work? am I missing something?

(I stopped playing in the fall of 09, so everything after that is news to me.)
Post edited by Kannone - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    you hit a G16+ for the first one, and some random tt90 on the other?
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've fought similarly geared bms to that, and there aren't many ways to kill them (and it gets much more difficult if they are full buffed). I generally hit them around 6-7k non crit (full buffed 4-5k) with undine and genie spark.. so you can either mortal reversion at just over 50% hp -> tick them -> undine + genie spark + sutra combo to finish them (only works if they are bad and you somehow forced them to waste genie/apoth before this). Pretty much the only way I've found to kill a decently geared bm that knows how to play is to get them to half and try for a ninja crit bypass with undine -> sutra -> genie spark + d.pyro (hope for crit). I've never had much luck with counting time on marrow, but I suppose that would be another possibility as well. In group pvp it is much easier because you can purge/focus them and magic marrow makes them much easier for phys classes to kill, so if they are not in magic you can **** them.. if they are.. just let the physical classes deal with them.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks Adroit, I guess the short answer, since I'm still using a +6 R8 sword, is to upgrade gear and just ignore the r9rrr characters for now (although i did crit scrubby for 5k on Friday, hurray for small victories).

On a side note, I find surviving encounters with BMs to be the easiest... r9rrr archers usually crit me for 12k first shot.

Also will have to look into these Morai skills (mortal reversion?)
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I agree with adroit on killiing well geared/played bms. Its a quite a challenge. Though if your pretty good at counting marrow time you can try to seal/stun/sleep fow>ms>sporific then go for a bypass since their magic marrow is down. Most good bm's hit it every 10 secs though :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]