Tips for healing non-aggroing tanks

Options
Sakubatou - Sanctuary
Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Cleric
Thought I'd start a thread about healing classes like sins or barbs that run in and don't aggro. You've followed them. You want them to stay alive. If they die the mobs will reset on you, which is bad, but if you heal the mobs will heal aggro to you which is also bad.

We see this situation alot where a sin runs in and is yelling "heal heal heal" yet hasn't aggroed more than 1 mob. Or the occasionaly barb that does a huge pull and you wait for the aoe or roar and... nothing happens. They keep reaming the same mob.

Ironically, the cleric then comes on forums and bishes "Stupid sin! Stupid barb! They didn't aggro and I healed and then the mobs killed me." And I'm sitting at my computer thinking "Stupid Cleric. Don't heal." But responding like that can only be seen as trolling even though its basic common sense.

With the player quality seeming to decrease and the gear and bravado of our DDs increasing to the point the sin or archer wants to do the pulls I've been doing alot of runs lately where mobs weren't aggrod and no one seemed to care whether they got heals or not. Specifically I ran with a barb who most people already know is not a very good barb, never has been, and has recently switched to aps-barb. For 2 years he was anti-aps barbs but has now switched and is loving it but doesn't play it well. He runs mob to mob, or maybe does a pull, then apses each one individually without aggroing. Its not a problem with aps, its just a bad barb, but it got me thinking how common this has become and how about 50% of the time I'm doing classic healing of a tank and about 50% of the time I'm relying less on heals and more on seals and shield and new-age type of support.

So, here are some tips for keeping people alive that wont aggro:
~Stack prior to your tank running in. This gives them 15 seconds of heals.
~Move assist attack to a more accessible spot on your hotkeys. One of the best ways ~to get them to go for a second mobs is to help them kill the first.
~Seals. See above, them killing one mob faster means they take less damage and move on to a second mob sooner.
~Again, Seals! but this time think of it like a heal. While killing faster is a nice offensive bonus, the increased bloodpaint heals is a nice defensive boost. If I debuff a mob for 40% the dd will do about 28% more damage and therefore get 28% more paint heals.
~Sleep mobs they aren't attacking.
~Freeze mobs, too. I like to leave Silent Seal on cd just in case sleep wheres off. 99% of the time the mob will stay slept till a dd picks it up but if it does come at you then freeze it. Even if most dd's ignore actual aggro they'll pick up a mob if it goes for the cleric and Silent and Chromatic Seal don't create more aggro than actual damage.
~Heal your back row. Casters/Archers are aoe freaks. They see a nice group of mobs they're gonna aoe, even if no one has grabbed aggro. So watch them to see if they start channeling any aoes and start healing them before they're attacked. If the tank has only weak aggro or no aggro on anything but one mob most casters won't gauge that and will still go to town. You see this alot when a sin pulls, Earthen Rifts so he can get healed, and then the archer comes up and barrages like Earthen Rift was absolute aggro.
~Don't forget your shields. WoP people until they can get aggro.
~Don't forget YOUR shields. You have WoP, Plume Shell, and Guardian Light. I literally taken entire pulls off my barb to save them and used my shields to survive till he's healed enough to take aggro back off me. We have 3 shields, use them.
~DDing is fine if they aren't aggroing but pick the same mob they do to help them move on to a new mob. Again, if the mob dies quickly they don't take much damage and you don't have too much reason to even need to heal.
~Don't Tempest too early. We've all seen it. Barb pulls, roars, people start dropping bombs and the cleric drops a Tempest and... the mobs are still alive and go right at the cleric. Surprise ending. Tempest should be a finishing move. Let other people build aggro and knock the mob hp down first. Do it too early and you'll just get aggro and be another stoopid dd.
~Magic mobs? Hey! I know a a caster with decent magic defense. Heal yourself, pull aggro off the tank and let him 1v1 all he wants while you tank. Magic really hurts HA/LA but if it doesn't hurt you, why not tank?
~Bubble up and tank! If many of the mobs are aggroed or its just a small group and you're comfortable tanking then throw up bubble. You take half the damage, you get heals, everyone else gets heals, and people can aoe or 1v1 at their leisure and pull the mobs off you when they're ready.
~ Heal people after the mobs. Quick! Before they run away. And make sure to put an IH on your barb. Tiger speed is 80% faster than human form and barbs hate how slow they walk, so if they have to move they'll switch to tiger and gain 30-40% hp. Give them an IH before they run away so they are healing that 30-40% hp as they move.

So those are my nouveau support techniques. With bloodpaint and mystics around half the time I can't call myself a healer but I still think its important to consider myself support.

So what techniques are you employing that are support but not so much healing, or for the non-aggroing "tanks" that we keep running with.
Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
Post edited by Sakubatou - Sanctuary on

Comments

• HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    b:chuckle i'd just tell them if they want to be healed, they need to agro all and be done with it.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Options
    b:chuckle i'd just tell them if they want to be healed, they need to agro all and be done with it.

Well, thats the thing. Most don't care if they're healed or not. Sometimes when I'm clearing on my sin I actually, really, don't want to be healed because its more dangerous to stop and aoe than it is to triple spark and single target aps. The problem is I know the cleric will heal me, will get heal aggro, and will **** when they die. So I aoe just to humor the cleric and it risks my own life where I'd actually have been fine without the cleric or cleric heals.

So if the dd's don't need a cleric for heals until the boss (or even during the boss) what should they do during the run? They can dd. They can support. This is a thread where I'm accumulating advice for cleric's to still be useful and to get their heals across, even when there are idiots in squad.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I'm not going to cater to idiots. I can find a spot where the majority of mobs won't aggro me when idiot dies and kill off the rest. Then I can decide whether to bail on squad or not.

"With the player quality seeming to decrease ..."

The quality of players has gone down because people cater to bad players.
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Agree 100%. When I do runs with my sin and cleric, my cleric is support... lets face it, the best r9rr weapon is still nothing compared to the dps of a 5aps g16 sin. My sin has armor just about good enough that even on bosses (and I'm one of those rare breed who really don't care if their charm ticks a few times, if the boss dies faster as a result) who'll go into violet dance mode and debuff boss with mark of weakness and dimensional seal while sin dpses. Only time I don't is when some other dps in squad is hitting boss a bit too soon (I hit boss once on my sin, then triple spark; this leaves 3 seconds for somebody else to potentially steal aggro and get hit; if somebody repeatedly does this and is also squishy, I have to bb.) My macro is set up so that dimensional seal goes off first, then mark of weakness, then elemental deal, and then a few damage skills, before repeating macro. Debuff before damage, always.

For most clerics, what you stated holds up pretty well. I'll also point out that if you are a sage cleric, put sage vanguard onto the assassin tanking a group of mobs, as well as wings of protection. If his hp is steadily creeping down and you really don't want to pull aggro, consider spamming sage celestial guardians seal as well.

In my case, my gear is good enough to tank (damage absorb) far more than than a lot of the dps tanks out there, so if I see a dps tank in trouble, I'll heal them regardless of aggro, then just tank it till they can come and kill the mobs poking me.

Aeliah
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Kristina_t - Heavens Tear
    Kristina_t - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Non-aggroing tanks? My ***!

We already know how to deal with these fail wannabe tanks. Let them die and leave their bodies where they fall. Don't like it? Learn to tank the proper way instead of thinking the world is going to bend over backwards to save your fail ***.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Well, thats the thing. Most don't care if they're healed or not. Sometimes when I'm clearing on my sin I actually, really, don't want to be healed because its more dangerous to stop and aoe than it is to triple spark and single target aps. The problem is I know the cleric will heal me, will get heal aggro, and will **** when they die. So I aoe just to humor the cleric and it risks my own life where I'd actually have been fine without the cleric or cleric heals.

So if the dd's don't need a cleric for heals until the boss (or even during the boss) what should they do during the run? They can dd. They can support. This is a thread where I'm accumulating advice for cleric's to still be useful and to get their heals across, even when there are idiots in squad.

Communication, it would take you 3 seconds to tell the cleric do don't heal you 'til the boss. If you was communicating and telling clerics in your squad to don't heal you for mobs that post would not even exist.

Clerics can't read your mind and know if you can solo or not without heal.

I got sometime some sins (or barbs/bms) telling me at the start of the instance to don't heal them while cleaning. Took 3 seconds and everyone's happy.

Personally I use Dimensional Seal on the mobs they attack, It's usually almost better than IH and before they ran to next group I WoP them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Although i agree that communication is the most important thing like last poster sais, it is also a good idea to think of what you can do instead. It is pretty much the same thing as it is for us barbs who are made obsolete by the APS tanks that we cant keep agro from.

Now of course those are not the same situation because when i am around its my task to keep the healer alive, but i do think it is reasonable for the healer to learn his support role differently than just healing just as it is for the barb to support differently than just tanking.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    BB + expel?

We already know how to deal with these fail wannabe tanks. Let them die and leave their bodies where they fall. Don't like it? Learn to tank the proper way instead of thinking the world is going to bend over backwards to save your fail ***.

everybody can heal the perfect r9rr+12 barb. the pro part is to know what to do in any circumstanceb:bye
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »
    I'm not going to cater to idiots.

We already know how to deal with these fail wannabe tanks. Let them die and leave their bodies where they fall.

I'm not talking about tanks that need us. I'm talking about tanks that don't need us. There's no point in bringing a cleric that's going to spam heal my 100% full hp, or even for a cleric that gives me 1200 hp/sec when my bloodpaint is giving me 5k/hp a second. In most my squads the only reason I bring a cleric is because I brought a veno and I thought the veno or archer and I thought heals from aoes, or because I want buffs and don't want to log a buff alt. So after a cleric buffs at the start of an instance and before a cleric puts up a bb at the boss what can they do to help if the squad just simply doesn't need their heals.

Squads are finding out its faster to run Aba and other instances without a cleric and instead bring. Why bring a cleric when you can bring another dd and kill things faster. I'm even seeing Metal runs done this way now.

If cleric's want to remain valuable they need to adjust to their squads needs.

Aeiliah had some great tips. Another one if demon is stack with IH and end with SoR before they run in, so they have the stronger stack of IH but the demon pdef boost of SoR.

Also, depending on squads defenses if a boss/mobs interupts bubble I toss a Dimensional Seal out before I put it back up. Especially if its in cooldown since this gives more paint heals while bb is down. This doesn't work on Seat boss who has 2 phys aoes though, but an Elemental Seatl might be valuable there instead.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Can always make use of the old archer/cleric combo that should work even better now with UV mode. Thunder Shock + Elemental Seal for an 85% decrease in resistance to metal damage would make the damage of the cleric and archer raise up if skill use is needed for a boss. Or have the cleric eshew sealing if the BM/(s) make use of GS for a 100% drop in metal resistance. Just need to make sure not to use Wield Thunder if it's demonized in that instance.

EDIT: Though the numbers might not fully stack like Tangling/GS possibly. In which case it would drop 67.5% and 75% respectively.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Options
    It's a tanks job to not only take damage but to keep aggro, if you cannot keep the aggro then you should not be tanking. Subsea strike casts almost instantly, you shouldn't be hungry for chi at any point on a sin, and you'd increase your own bloodpaint heals by doing your job. I'm never hungry for chi on my sin.

It's your fault if you're rushing ahead beyond their field of view and did not do your job as tank nor communicate you wouldn't be. If they still get heal aggro after you told them not to heal, their own fault for not paying attention. When they died because of that they have every right to complain. Yes, you have to explain to every random stranger you meet. And yes that gets tedious. Doesn't matter, they aren't mind readers and plenty of people rage at them if they don't heal even if it's not necessary. Sometimes it's better not to heal, but to debuff someone. Stacking on pullers seems like something so basic 101 but so many clerics don't do it nowadays.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Options
    It's a tanks job to not only take damage but to keep aggro, if you cannot keep the aggro then you should not be tanking. Subsea strike casts almost instantly, you shouldn't be hungry for chi at any point on a sin, and you'd increase your own bloodpaint heals by doing your job. I'm never hungry for chi on my sin.

Depends on the mob though. Say a sin rounds up 3 mobs that are 300k hp each. I dunno, something in SoT. Or imagine the 2 mobs that have 2.5mil hp each, in TT 3-3, on the third floor east side of the big room in center. Those mobs will hit for 3-5k on assassins. Are you telling me you want the sin to use subsea strike, take hits from both mobs for a few seconds (ouch), then have to waste inner harmony to get full chi and triple spark (no triple spark > power dash oops), or use rising dragon (slow, take more hits, ouch)? NOOOOO! Any good sin will run in, triple spark, and dps the mobs one by one... with triple spark, the bloodpaint heals keep him alive. In this scenario you should debuff the mob the sin is striking with dimensional seal and extreme poison. Do not expect sin to aggro both mobs ahead of time, and do not heal the sin, or else you pull mob onto yourself (its doing physical dmg, yes, it will hurt like hell), and also, you remove it from sin's melee range, so he can't hit it right away after finishing with first mob.

Thats one clear example I can think of, endgame, where you deliberately do not heal.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

edited February 2013
    Options
    Although i agree that communication is the most important thing like last poster sais, it is also a good idea to think of what you can do instead. It is pretty much the same thing as it is for us barbs who are made obsolete by the APS tanks that we cant keep agro from.

Now of course those are not the same situation because when i am around its my task to keep the healer alive, but i do think it is reasonable for the healer to learn his support role differently than just healing just as it is for the barb to support differently than just tanking.

The problem is if all sins knew their class and skills that would not be a problem but more then 90% of sins have no idea how to play their toons, w/e gears they have, so as cleric we think ''Oh good a other stupid sin that will cry for heals...'', cause sins do often cry for heal for mobs ''HEAL, HEAL STUPID CLERIC'', so clerics don't take chance and will heal all sins so they don't call fail cause they didn't healed them and they die.

If you jump in a group of mobs and your hp go low don't blame the cleric for healing you, blame yourself for not telling the cleric to don't heal you. Blame your own class for being a bunch of unskilled fishes. More then Half of the time I do bh in random squad the sins scream to get heal while cleaning mobs.

Sins are like Mystics, cause of the 90% unskilled that don't know their class the good ones pay the price of the reputation of fail class. Try to change a cleric cause sins fail is not the solution, learn your class to don't jump in a group of mobs without AOE if they can't handle it without heal, so the cleric will know then if the sin AOE he need heal if he don't no heal. Unfortunately atm even the ones that can't handle without heal jump in a group and don't AOE, but cry heals then blame the cleric if he die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Depends on the mob though. Say a sin rounds up 3 mobs that are 300k hp each. I dunno, something in SoT. Or imagine the 2 mobs that have 2.5mil hp each, in TT 3-3, on the third floor east side of the big room in center. Those mobs will hit for 3-5k on assassins. Are you telling me you want the sin to use subsea strike, take hits from both mobs for a few seconds (ouch), then have to waste inner harmony to get full chi and triple spark (no triple spark > power dash oops), or use rising dragon (slow, take more hits, ouch)? NOOOOO! Any good sin will run in, triple spark, and dps the mobs one by one... with triple spark, the bloodpaint heals keep him alive. In this scenario you should debuff the mob the sin is striking with dimensional seal and extreme poison. Do not expect sin to aggro both mobs ahead of time, and do not heal the sin, or else you pull mob onto yourself (its doing physical dmg, yes, it will hurt like hell), and also, you remove it from sin's melee range, so he can't hit it right away after finishing with first mob.

Thats one clear example I can think of, endgame, where you deliberately do not heal.

Even in that example, 1 should be closer than the others. And since it is an AoE, it doesn't require a group hug distance to hit the other 2. Using the AoE on the one close, with the other two distant (or getting aggroed by proximity then AoEing at distance) would enable them to hit all 3 while taking hits from just the 1. Then they hit trip spark, where they are healed up and immune to the attacks now that all 3 are there. Then they are in their normal mode, but are able to be healed.

So even in your above example, the sin would still suck.
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Nice armchair analysis lol. Couple things I need to point out.

1) Earthen rift, an assassin's only aoe to not take chi, takes a total of 2.5 seconds to complete. The cast is 1.8 seconds, channel 0.7 seconds. That is, in fact, quite a long time. Demon version has aoe radius of 10 meters.

2) The two mobs of which I speak run very fast. As soon as mob #1 spots you, mob #2 is running to you at 10 m/s, from my guess.

So lets run the math. Given the ideal situation of running into mob #1, starting your aoe, and hitting the 2nd mob at the very edge of the aoe radius, in a best case scenario, the 2nd mob will run up to you and be hitting you, along with a 2nd hit from the first mob, while you are still casting your aoe. It may even hit you twice before aoe finishes. Situation will often be non-ideal; 2 mobs will be right beside each other, and hit you 4 times before you can triple spark

Now, a skilled sin in non ideal gear will know the danger. They'll likely buff focused mind; some of the hits the mobs do will be 1 dmg. Sometimes the mobs will miss. But its very much possible that instead of missing or doing 1 dmg, a sin with, say, 7.5k hp, gets hit for 3.6k (charm tick), 3.6k, and 3.6k. Damn, sin is dead or close to it. No, maybe the sin has 10k hp and only takes 3k dmg? He still charm ticked/came close to death if uncharmed, because of the time spent doing an aoe.

If the assassin goes in and immediately triple sparks by a mob, he likely resists the first 3-4 attacks from both mobs. Then he is bloodpaint healing back all the dmg the mobs do to him.

In another thread I told you the better way to heal an assassin in most cases is to not worry about RECOVERING their hp, but to REDUCE THE DMG they take. In the scenario I describe, a much better option would be Wings of Protection, sage, vanguard, assist attack mob, and dimensional seal. The sin should be getting more than enough heals from bloodpaint; you want to ensure that he's not taking much dmg (vanguard spirit), and that he does most dmg for most bloodpaint heals (hence single target debuffs). This has the advantage of making run not only safer, but faster as well. Win win?

Also just occurred to me that as a cleric, you could sleep the second mob while sin is killing first; as long as you are pretty certain that first mob will die before sleep wears out.

Aeliah
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

edited February 2013
    Options
    Nice armchair analysis lol. Couple things I need to point out.

1) Earthen rift, an assassin's only aoe to not take chi, takes a total of 2.5 seconds to complete. The cast is 1.8 seconds, channel 0.7 seconds. That is, in fact, quite a long time. Demon version has aoe radius of 10 meters.

2) The two mobs of which I speak run very fast. As soon as mob #1 spots you, mob #2 is running to you at 10 m/s, from my guess.

So lets run the math. Given the ideal situation of running into mob #1, starting your aoe, and hitting the 2nd mob at the very edge of the aoe radius, in a best case scenario, the 2nd mob will run up to you and be hitting you, along with a 2nd hit from the first mob, while you are still casting your aoe. It may even hit you twice before aoe finishes. Situation will often be non-ideal; 2 mobs will be right beside each other, and hit you 4 times before you can triple spark

Now, a skilled sin in non ideal gear will know the danger. They'll likely buff focused mind; some of the hits the mobs do will be 1 dmg. Sometimes the mobs will miss. But its very much possible that instead of missing or doing 1 dmg, a sin with, say, 7.5k hp, gets hit for 3.6k (charm tick), 3.6k, and 3.6k. Damn, sin is dead or close to it. No, maybe the sin has 10k hp and only takes 3k dmg? He still charm ticked/came close to death if uncharmed, because of the time spent doing an aoe.

If the assassin goes in and immediately triple sparks by a mob, he likely resists the first 3-4 attacks from both mobs. Then he is bloodpaint healing back all the dmg the mobs do to him.

In another thread I told you the better way to heal an assassin in most cases is to not worry about RECOVERING their hp, but to REDUCE THE DMG they take. In the scenario I describe, a much better option would be Wings of Protection, sage, vanguard, assist attack mob, and dimensional seal. The sin should be getting more than enough heals from bloodpaint; you want to ensure that he's not taking much dmg (vanguard spirit), and that he does most dmg for most bloodpaint heals (hence single target debuffs). This has the advantage of making run not only safer, but faster as well. Win win?

Also just occurred to me that as a cleric, you could sleep the second mob while sin is killing first; as long as you are pretty certain that first mob will die before sleep wears out.

Aeliah

In many case it's the sins themselves that ask for heals while they are in a group of mobs. I use to run a lot in random squads on my clerics and often they stop DD and scream for heals. Sometime I even need to tell them to bp themselves cause they jumps in mobs/boss without bp and cry for heals.

But now I run majority of the time with my faction or squads that I know and I know what they can handle or not.

On PvE servers though I noticed that a lot of clerics are not really skilled and seems to think that Elemental Seal & Dimensional Seal doesn't worth to use it, some PvE clerics are great healer, but doesn't use other skills that actually could help to make a run faster.

Unfortunately more and more the new clerics are product of power level and doesn't know anything else than BB and VD/UVD.

A lot of class actually would need to learn how to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    It's a tanks job to not only take damage but to keep aggro, if you cannot keep the aggro then you should not be tanking.

Agree totally! DD's should never take responsibility for their aggro. They should be able to derp away to their heart's content ignoring their support skills and be able to fully blame any one that can tank a hit for any deaths they incur. DD'ng should be a brainless activity devoid of any skill or knowledge of the game.

Clerics should also be able to mindlessly run with a squad through any instance just spamming chromatic healing beam only to stop and channel regeneration aura at bosses. People who don't need heals or pots should risk their own butts to protect that chroma spamming cleric so the cleric can eat cheetohs and watch anime at the same time.
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    do what i did when i played on barb on a random bh100 where my class obiosly was not needed for dd where beyond OP and could solo that place LEAVE.

if ppl need that much gear for pk is all nice and all but i dont see wasting my time with a bh where said dd can solo that place.

as a barb i know my place and so i go where my role might be needed and i got lots of that.

no point in wasting my time with OP player who abviosly play god mode just for kicks.

i like to be apreciated so why waste it on such a party oh and on the party where class really matter tank do need to aoe agro and cleric ad mistic need to heal.

those are the best party anyways not the 1min rollsb:shutup
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    do what i did when i played on barb on a random bh100 where my class obiosly was not needed for dd where beyond OP and could solo that place LEAVE.

if ppl need that much gear for pk is all nice and all but i dont see wasting my time with a bh where said dd can solo that place.

as a barb i know my place and so i go where my role might be needed and i got lots of that.

no point in wasting my time with OP player who abviosly play god mode just for kicks.

i like to be apreciated so why waste it on such a party oh and on the party where class really matter tank do need to aoe agro and cleric ad mistic need to heal.

those are the best party anyways not the 1min rollsb:shutup

If you want to leave rather than learn to play and utilize your character in new ways thats fine too. Alot of people like the "I R tank, you are dd, you heal" setup. For me personally, I have 7 chars 100+ and do 6 of their BHs nightly. After 2.5 years of being level 100 that means I've done BH100s at the very least a couple hundred times, probably getting into the couple thousand times. I like to change up squad dynamics, change up roles, and change up techniques.

Relying on someone to do your tanking for you and not exploring being self efficient would get really old really fast.

Your post kind of seems... needy. You want a squad to praise you for being the only one able to tank. I guess some cleric's are like that and that's why mystics and bloodpaint get badmouthed, but I actually like having their versatility and options.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Bring a veno or sage sov psy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hannsel - Dreamweaver
    Hannsel - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    why is this even a discussion?? non aggro tanks don't get heals PERIOD. this is something we teach clerics as soon as they are high enough for fb19.
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    If you want to leave rather than learn to play and utilize your character in new ways thats fine too. Alot of people like the "I R tank, you are dd, you heal" setup. For me personally, I have 7 chars 100+ and do 6 of their BHs nightly. After 2.5 years of being level 100 that means I've done BH100s at the very least a couple hundred times, probably getting into the couple thousand times. I like to change up squad dynamics, change up roles, and change up techniques.

Relying on someone to do your tanking for you and not exploring being self efficient would get really old really fast.

Your post kind of seems... needy. You want a squad to praise you for being the only one able to tank. I guess some cleric's are like that and that's why mystics and bloodpaint get badmouthed, but I actually like having their versatility and options.

i am from before pw from pw_my from 2007 or maybe 2006 i cant remember.

i was here on the 1st rush of ppl rushing trew lv and pk and wars.

i know one thing i know when i see one or many player with gear beyond belief wish can be said god like gear for pve.

i know also i wont learn a singel thing with these ppl i think i will become nubish.

there nothing more patetic then to go pve with ppl who one shoot things and DARE tell me if i stayed i might learn a thing or two.

keep ur silly belief to urself cos i dont need ur speed run i am not here to rush thing i am here to have fun i am not waiting for a appointment.

also the only one needy seem you to be you as obviosly dont need anybodys help so why do you even team with ppl when u can solo it.

if you where to put ur r999 gear and put on r8 only gear i mght have cared what u say but having r9 or r999 tell me ur just looking for attention.
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Stuff

I don't think that people really care how long you have been playing for especially with that attitude. What is to say that the people with "godly" gear haven't also been playing for a similar length of time and worked hard to get to where they are? Also this is a game meant to be done in squads, OP players still like to run in groups and help others if needed.

Sounds to me that you are the one looking for the attention and crying out by leaving squads at the start of the run. Please don't tell me you can't adapt to how things have changed in the last few years...
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Options
    if you where to put ur r999 gear and put on r8 only gear i mght have cared what u say but having r9 or r999 tell me ur just looking for attention.

You don't know my gear, lol. You're just spouting nonsense. Even if you did know one chars gear does that make a difference since I've played in all sorts of gear on all sorts of characters?

I think you're antiquated. You seem to think r9t3 is the only way to be OP, but thats about 5 generations too late. TT99 used to be considered OP in BHs. Then r8, then r9, then even Morai gear, then r9r, G16, and r9t3.

It takes gear people had 3 years ago to go off and start doing your own pulls, tanking bosses, etc. Cleric's stop being needed with tt99 gear and a person who knows what they're doing. Most of them just drag a cleric along through the instance because 1. they wanted buffs, and 2. because they want a bubble at the boss. During the actual instance they're fine ignoring the cleric and soloing and thats why I made a thread suggesting things clerics can do when their heals just aren't needed. Instead we see cleric's, like you, with the 'I R heals' attitude that heal depsite need and then rage when their heals get them in trouble.

So keep QQing about OP gear when its TT99 +5 that can do your job. If all you can do is spam Flesh Ream on a barb or IH/chromatic/bubble on a cleric thats fine. Either find a squad full of people with tt90 gear that need you or follow along a better squad and pretend to be useful.
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    You don't know my gear, lol. You're just spouting nonsense. Even if you did know one chars gear does that make a difference since I've played in all sorts of gear on all sorts of characters?

I think you're antiquated. You seem to think r9t3 is the only way to be OP, but thats about 5 generations too late. TT99 used to be considered OP in BHs. Then r8, then r9, then even Morai gear, then r9r, G16, and r9t3.

It takes gear people had 3 years ago to go off and start doing your own pulls, tanking bosses, etc. Cleric's stop being needed with tt99 gear and a person who knows what they're doing. Most of them just drag a cleric along through the instance because 1. they wanted buffs, and 2. because they want a bubble at the boss. During the actual instance they're fine ignoring the cleric and soloing and thats why I made a thread suggesting things clerics can do when their heals just aren't needed. Instead we see cleric's, like you, with the 'I R heals' attitude that heal depsite need and then rage when their heals get them in trouble.

So keep QQing about OP gear when its TT99 +5 that can do your job. If all you can do is spam Flesh Ream on a barb or IH/chromatic/bubble on a cleric thats fine. Either find a squad full of people with tt90 gear that need you or follow along a better squad and pretend to be useful.

Harsh, but true...
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL: