Roar

Options
Tindie - Harshlands
Tindie - Harshlands Posts: 163 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Suggestion Box
I think you should upgrade Roar as a venomancer Pet Skill so that it has an aoe effect that builds hate and in a radius around their pet and will pull more hate as it is reused on targets so that wizards and other DD clases dont pull hate away from the pet..
Post edited by Tindie - Harshlands on

Comments

• Buff_me - Harshlands
    Buff_me - Harshlands Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I think you should upgrade Roar as a venomancer Pet Skill so that it has an aoe effect that builds hate and in a radius around their pet and will pull more hate as it is reused on targets so that wizards and other DD clases dont pull hate away from the pet..

Hate? You mean agro? b:laugh
    Achieved R9 before it was mainstream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    103 Demon R9 assassin - retired.
    Quit.
  • Tindie - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Aggro, Hate, Attention, so many games so many acronyms but regardless its all the same thing..

Roar was designed to reset the hate of a Mob but its slow recast time and the fact it is single target makes it use fail in comparison to bash or other damge doing skills that can be spamed quicker if adds come along or if someone out DD's the pet .. you would roar but this "resets the pet agro or hate level, wich meens the next person that out DD's the pet is going to get smacked before being able to cast or recast the ability. where you can spam Bash every 8 seconds to keep hate on the pet.

i think if they fixed it so that the Hate level was determined by the skill being used and how often ..(so the more times a mob or mobs was hit with Roar instead of resetting the Hate level the more unlikely someone would be to Pull the attention of the mob away from the pet) then the skill would be more effective.

also i think a AOE effect would help when trying to keep all the trash mobs focused on a pet instead of just a singal target so that this non damage skill would have more uses and make it more attractive to use. so when them adds come along we can keep them squishy from getting murdered before someone could grab the add. maybe even base its range off of the pets skill level the higher the skill the wider the range.

i feel in PVE this would also help make/ give Veno's a larger roll in squad's and in a working as a team situation.

as it is now Bash and other Damage doing skills out shine just because of their quicker recasts and and spamable nature andthey can inflict damage.

Roar needs some rework and thought to it .. its not a damage skill but a skill used to keep mobs off the party. yet it fails in usfulness not because of the nature of what it was designed for but in how its designed to work.. simply reseting hate in most situations or in a well geared and damage output party simply dosnt work all the time and when it does fail the recast on it is so long that the bad death if not party wipe thing happens before you can recast and try agin.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Eh, pretty much everything outdamages a pet nowadays. b:surrender

Besides, I can't really hink of a pet that would be able to handle that aoe agro, besides the herc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Tindie - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    Options
    my walker was able to handle 5-6 mobs at a time before i ever had a herc.. it wouldnt be any harder then learning how to use a barb.