fixed flag carrier speed in nw

Options
Clergywoman - Raging Tide
Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Suggestion Box
i humbly request a fixed movement speed for the flag carrier in nation wars.
using holy path at 90% of capture process, apothecary, class skills, buffs (elven alacrity) or purify add (increase speed by 200% for 5 seconds) makes it extremely difficult to catch or even cc (crowd control, stun sleep etc.) the flag carrier. just slightly uneven teams make it close to impossible to stop a flag carrier. the flag carrier speed should be a fixed value at ~6m/s that cannot be changed by any means. this will force people to play together more and would prevent some of those notorious 20vs1 victories for the one.
gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
Post edited by Clergywoman - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Tacobutt - Harshlands
    Tacobutt - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    dont like a challenge? they are using items and skills in the game to win by playing the game hum that seems right and fair to me... this also makes pwe money so i dont see a change coming for that you are asking to be changed
    this xmas i wanna see a baby jesus some where in game for event make it random hide and seek out baby jesus i wanna win prizes
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    It would lead to more teamwork so I favor this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Some class can can capture the flag in 5 seconds, no joke, I'm in the middle see ''offense Grab the flag'' try to go where it is and 5 seconds later see ''Offense have captured the flag'' what people are suppose to do no one can reach someone so fast. I know as mystic I have no speed buff and even with holy path and charger orb I can't reach a flag carry by archer/veno/bm/barb, the only people I can reach it's like wizz/cleric/mystic.

BUT I think there's nothing they can do for it, holy path is used before have the flag and is not really the problem cause it's short, I doubt they can make it so people can't use pots and skills speed. So I guess we need to deal with it and hope there's someone next to them when they dig to stop them in any way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    5 sec ehh im one of the faster flag carriers iv seen and it takes me aprox 23 sec for me at my best (Holy path dig, charger, sprints, leeps) and no getting hit.

Now and days pretty much everyone is a 1 shot so moving at 6m/s just makes it a game of who can pick up the flag the most in 25min. You can easily stop someone even if shadowbinded or charger orbed (Though full R9RR +12 kinda err yeah hard) and it happens all the time. Only time it doesn't is if people don't try to kill them or they have to much support.

Fine as is and they are making towers in a future patch already so kinda can't just dart past unscathed (Towers may bind i am unsure on this).

Also this has been recommended several times in the past already.
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Ok maybe not 5 sec, but seriously it's so fast sometime that people don't have time to do nothing or reach the flag carrier. On my veno I do it in like 20 seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Reset all caster r9rr weapons to r9r and make the mat requirements 5x as the melee ones. Purify spell is a **** add. Would make nw more profitable again at least. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barson - Raging Tide
    Barson - Raging Tide Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    but my speed with flag is already droped to about 6.8 b:cry but all jokes aside i think they should make it so hopefully the slow idiot think twice about grabbing flag an maybe let us genie an i didnt use speed pots any way vacs work better for me b:victory
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    It still can be done if people work together. If everyone is gathered in middle and some enemies wait at sides where flag spawns of course they will be hard to catch...to those that even try...after they notice flag was taken...after they are done fighing whoever they are fighing...and decide to look on the map. Why not catching them at spawn point before they even got a chance to use speed stuff or just after they use apo? Side spawn points are mostly empty which gives enemies that take advantage of that (like me) free way to pass.
    As a stealthed sin I can often catch them before or right after they use apo as normally they don't use it right away if they don't see anyone around. You can also use speed apo too. I cought an archer like that in last NW. Don't go directly in flag carrier direction but rather hurry to the point where you know he's gonna pass trough.
    If they happen to get away with it so what... get the next flag. No need to be impossible to carry the flag. Though I think charger orb should have speed or duration reduced a bit they aren't impossible to catch.

But let's be honest... not many people are traing to catch the flag. Many time 1 or 2, or none. If you happen to catch it there's a big chance you'll be left alone vs flag carrier. As I said it can be done if people work together.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    in order to guard against misunderstanding, this suggestion is not born out of frustration. i am quite lucky, since i participate nation wars with a well coordinated and even better geared squad on a regular basis. unless our flag carrier is being nuked by quite op people, there is very little chance of killing let alone stun-locking. the carrier has to be purged, locked and nuked within seconds. but even then, the purify can proc and the flag is as good as captured. so i request this change for a more balanced and fair nation war. b:cute
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad