Recent Massive DC Question

Severus_S - Archosaur
Severus_S - Archosaur Posts: 61 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Support Desk
While Dcs have always been a problem for everyone, the last few days have been a nightmare to me, to the point that the game has been unplayable. Where I will dc it will say I am still logged on, and will dc me seconds after I log on or at the character select screen. At first I thought ok well maybe it is on my end, do a complete computer hardware and software clean up
I KILLED DUMBELDORE!!!
Post edited by Severus_S - Archosaur on

Comments

• Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Please first restart your computer and network hardware and try again a little bit later before trying anything else. This is important!
    Check your net speed first http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ .There could be local internet hiccups in your area.

You can check out what could be going on in the world with Internet connections here:http://www.akamai.com/html/technology/dataviz1.html . Run a Traceroute to PWI servers and post it here .

To Run Traceroute:-

1) In Vista/7, click on the Windows icon/Start > click on Search > type in "cmd"
    2) On this screen type in (exactly as it is typed here): tracert pwieast2.perfectworld.com (You can also use any of the IP addresses to our servers listed below. Try several.)
    Please note there is a space between "tracert" and "pwieast2.perfectworld.com"
    3) Wait for the traceroute to complete.
    4) Right Click on the window
    5) Select the "Select all" option
    6) Hit "Enter"
    7) You will now be able to paste the text into your reply.
    7) Include in the body of your e-mail what Internet Service Provider you are using and what part of the world you are trying to connect from.

Archosaur (PVE) pwiwest4.perfectworld.com
    29000:64.74.134.37
    29000:64.74.134.26
    29000:64.74.134.27
    29000:64.74.134.29
    29000:64.74.134.30
    29000:64.74.134.33
    29000:64.74.134.34
    29000:64.74.134.36

You must be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.
    You may also have to disable, shut down, uninstall, or disable any: torrent, keyboard/mouse, web browser toolbars, video/screen capture, gamepad/input device, multimedia, Instant Messaging, voice over IP, web browser games, other games software applications before downloading, installing, updating, logging into, and playing the game. Basically shut down all non-essential programs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Severus_S - Archosaur
    Severus_S - Archosaur Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am doing homework right now but when I am done i will try this, and let ya know.
    I KILLED DUMBELDORE!!!