Noob Order Question.

Options
Skynyrd - Lost City
Skynyrd - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Blademaster
Is there and specific order that is more beneficial to a Blademaster?
I saw the armor and weapons, but wouldn't it be better to just merch up and get better stuff?

And is there a particularly profitable order, for instance one that gives the most sought after skills?

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Skynyrd - Lost City on

Comments

• Dragonreaper - Harshlands
    Dragonreaper - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    corona > shroud > lumi

just get the skill books, everything else is ****.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Ignore Dragonreaper, were just waiting on him to get banned and his advice is mostly crappy.

Due to NW, we don't really recommend the armor or weapons from them anymore.

Luminance:

So far Flame Tsunami has been moderately tough to find a good use. It does hit hard, just isn't really available when you want it to be most of the time.

At 5k Contri, Lumi is the profitable order as you can get cube of fate letters to run cube more.

Shroud:

Reel in is by far the most useful of all of the skills for NW and TW. When it works, the ability to pull a flag runner back while antistunned, bring a kiter back to you, move someone away from your DDs, stop vortex or barrage, or interrupt someone and just flat out **** with someones head is amazing.

At 5k Contri, Shroud you can run PV twice a day in.

Corona:

Reckless Rush were finding does a lot better damage nowadays. It's decent for chasing people down, but lately has been a solid finisher for many of us. It does not beat the amazing usefulness of Reel In, or hit as hard as Flame Tsunami does however.

At 5k Contri, you get mailed IRL a large pink sombrero that explains you were silly enough to get your Corona Contribution to 5k.

So kinda pick which one you want to pursue first. Ive been recommending Shroud, Corona, and then Lumi lately, and staying in Lumi to run the **** out of Cube to make money, or go back to Shroud to PV.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Pretty much everything Maelael said except you may want to consider getting Reckless rush before Reel In if you gear is poorly refined because it's based off soul-force. I'll commonly praise this skill because it's useful to me as I'm really well refined, but I always hear the other end of it on lower refined BMs absolutely hating it.

It'll range from 40-100% success rate depending on your soul-force to your enemy's. It is probably more useful to myself and Maelael because we're probably better refined, but you'll want to consider what your success rate may be with your own soul-force and your opponent's.

If you've got moderately refined gears, say +5-+7 with at least a +10 weapon I'd probably get Reel In first, as you may be looking at closer to 70% rates. If you're looking at below +5 I'd probably get it 2nd because 40-50% success rate isn't as promising nor dependable.

Just something to consider.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Shut up I love that sombrero.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Pretty much everything Maelael said except you may want to consider getting Reckless rush before Reel In if you gear is poorly refined because it's based off soul-force. I'll commonly praise this skill because it's useful to me as I'm really well refined, but I always hear the other end of it on lower refined BMs absolutely hating it.

It'll range from 40-100% success rate depending on your soul-force to your enemy's. It is probably more useful to myself and Maelael because we're probably better refined, but you'll want to consider what your success rate may be with your own soul-force and your opponent's.

If you've got moderately refined gears, say +5-+7 with at least a +10 weapon I'd probably get Reel In first, as you may be looking at closer to 70% rates. If you're looking at below +5 I'd probably get it 2nd because 40-50% success rate isn't as promising nor dependable.

Just something to consider.

TBH if your soulforce is **** it prolly means your weapon isn't refined well and Reckless Rush aint gonna do much damage either. Hence why I recommend Reel In first, cause usually by the AGES it takes to get to a second skill most people have refined their gear up decently to survive better in NW and reel in has a decent success rate.

...Or therye me with 45k soulforce and it works 1 out of 15 times cause Pan Gu is giving me the finger.

We prolly should have mentioned the AEU skills. Blade Tornado is a hell of a drug (Get it even if your Soulforce is ****), and Blade Hurl isn't a bad CC (and does okay damage) but not as strong as other options when available.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Skynyrd - Lost City
    Skynyrd - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Ok, Luminance it is. Or rather plan on ending with it.
    Thanks guys. :)