Revenge add on claws

Vegnar - Raging Tide
Vegnar - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Blademaster
So I've been trying to get G15 claws with -0.1 int and the revenge proc 'cause when I read what revenge does I thought to myself -DAYUM!!-, with 5aps it'd be like a minor permanent BP on. Then something came to my mind, Revenge also increases physical attack. Read about it in forums and couldn't find a real conclusive answer, so here goes the question that's making me doubt about the goodness of Revenge> Does it or doesn't it stack with triple spark? 'cause if for some reason it overwrites it, then it would totally suck balls. Thanks in advance, hope someone knows for sure.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...
They can't get away this time b:cool
Currently
101/101/101 Blademaster: pwcalc.com/950293126e17fa28
101/101/101 Psychic: pwcalc.com/a8425cad5373b004
101/101/101 Seeker: pwcalc.com/ba880c3e59d6635a
Post edited by Vegnar - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Dragonreaper - Harshlands
    Dragonreaper - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Why on earth are you trying to reroll g15... STOP get g16, they're superior in every way

I bet you're sage aren't you? probably have la orns also!
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Nope! The revenge proc does not overwrite the buff of a spark.

If you have barb buffs as well, you'll have 3 physical attack buffs when sparked and revenge-proc'd. It's a fun thing to have but I'd rather go G16 for the massive damage increase it has over G15.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    G16 has a massive and significant damage increase over anything G15 can produce with any add on. Keep in mind the revenge proc does not fire every swing.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The only thing the Revenge proc is good for, is for doing cheap grinding for your Morai dailies. The proc will top off damage you receive, so you don't tick your health/mana charm. And for this, you don't need even a single -.05 interval for them to be good in that type of role.

Any other use and you might as well get some G16s as everyone has already said.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It does not overwrite the damage increase from spark or from titans buff. They all stack.

I had revenge claws and they really are almost as good as bloodpaint. The damage boost is 50% weapon damage, which is about 7-12% damage more so not huge. However, G16 far out dd them and you will get similar heals from G16 with paint as G15 with revenge heals and paint while doing alot more damage with G16.

Also, G15 with double -int is near impossible. Its something like an estimated 440 rerolls, but its random so it could be 10,000 before it actually happens. G16 has about a 1:72 chance at double -int and comes with 40 attack levels everytime. Those aren't exact odds, just quoting from memory. Too lazy to do the math but its around that.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Vegnar - Raging Tide
    Vegnar - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    oook thanks for the advice guys, wasn't trying to get G16 because I don't run that many FWS or Lunar, so those mats are kinda hard to come by for me in particular. However raps are almost free nowadays with NWs, so 440 rerolls don't seem that much. Again, this is in my case.
    I didn't know G16 had such a high probability of double -int though, that really makes me think. I'll check those numbers in PW database. Maybe I can pay for crafting/rerolling services for the claws I already made...b:victory

-EDIT-
    Checked PW database and probability for -int on G16 is the same as on G15. Couldn't be that easy knowing PWI xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...
    They can't get away this time b:cool
    Currently
    101/101/101 Blademaster: pwcalc.com/950293126e17fa28
    101/101/101 Psychic: pwcalc.com/a8425cad5373b004
    101/101/101 Seeker: pwcalc.com/ba880c3e59d6635a
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    G15 have 2 add ons for -int, G16 has 3. +40 attack levels is better anyhow and the base attack / refines are far better, there is just really no sense in sticking with G15.

440 re-rolls, ouch, I really hope you miss typed 40 or something.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    But would you say G15 w/ revenge is good for a claw archer?

we don't have paint

Have GVs right now, have to say the procs are really rare at 1.84 aps
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2013

we don't have paint

I'd skip straight to G16, it's just plain better. Revenge can't compete with 40 attack levels, especially since it harms you in the process of boosting your damage.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2013

we don't have paint

Actually, I had Revenge claws and used them to go G16 then leveled my archer and am kicking myself. The G16 claws, even on my archer, give me aggro over almost anything. G16 claws do almost the exact same dps on a bm as r9 sins and its only slightly less damage output for an archer. For an archer who is an LA class, with LA refine rate (less hp) I don't always want to melee tank bosses. Bosses like Metal boss are only possible for sins because they get 4-6k paint heals a second, which archers don't get. Revenge goes a long way defensively towards replacing bloodpaint for archers as well as keeps them out of the R9/G16 aps character field so they might be able to be second highest dd in squad.

For BMs, G16 is much much better both offensively and defensively. You'll get as much in paint heals from the dps difference over G15s as the Revenge proc would give you in proc heals.

For Archers, G15s with Revenge is a great choice to have massive dps and a substitute to paint heals.

And the reason G16 double int odds are so much higher is they both offer 5% chance per add-on, but G16 has 3 add-ons so 3 chances to get 2 -int. G15 has only 2.

Odds for double -int for G16 is 0.7125% (1 out of 140.35)
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The only reason to have revenge/BV claws is if you get bp purged off of you. If your base hp is high enough you'll get some nice heals. G16 weapons do far and away more damage.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'd skip straight to G16, it's just plain better. Revenge can't compete with 40 attack levels, especially since it harms you in the process of boosting your damage.

The damage difference will be different for the archers compared to BMs though.

For one, their str multiplier will be much lower and they have no weapon mastery. That provides a greater weight to the increased damage proc, than it would for us. Many archers are also sharded DoT, or use it when running instances where they aren't tanking. That plus the Jone's blessing reduces thhe over-all multiple of the 40 ATK lvls. And if they are using gear with an ATK set bonus, again that further reduces ATK lvl effect, depending on the lvl of the mob being attacked.

All that when combined with lack of BP healing and not wanting to be primary tank depending on the rest of the group's composition would leave the revenge claws as a preferred weapon for archers. especially as they wouldn't need to get -interval adds, just the Revenge proc itself.