Launcher issue?

Xaleb - Dreamweaver
Xaleb - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Support Desk
My friend is having this issue where after clicking start game on the launcher, the screen wont load the game but will bring up some weird looking message, and a runtime error message afterwards that dissapears within a second. Please help.
Post edited by Xaleb - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sounds like they need video drivers and/or the Microsoft C++ runtime packages.

would need actual information to confirm my hypothesis though.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Xaleb - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    her video driver should be up to date, shes run the game before, but where do i download the runtime packages?
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There you go,

You can try installing the C++ runtime for Windows. Choose below.

Restart your system afterwards.

Visual C++ for 64bit (x64) PCs: release 4/12/2010

Supported 64bit Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Vista Service Pack 2, Windows XP Service Pack 3

Visual C++ for 32bit (x86) PCs: release 4/12/2010

Supported 32bit Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Vista Service Pack 2, Windows XP Service Pack 3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Xaleb - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    I am tech savvy, yet I haven't the slightest clue where the hell to begin. I installed runtime packages, and checked the drivers yet it still didn't work, anybody familiar with teamviewer support software so they can fix it for my friend?
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    I am tech savvy, yet I haven't the slightest clue where the hell to begin. I installed runtime packages, and checked the drivers yet it still didn't work, anybody familiar with teamviewer support software so they can fix it for my friend?
    All we need is a copy of the dxdiag from the system and a link to a published Speccy report. Then we can give you actual responses instead of just guessing at the most common solutions based of the vague information you've given us thus far.

I posted a link earlier. If you're tecchy enough, it shouldn't be hard for you to provide this information, and saying you are tecchy, yet having not provided the information yet makes me doubt your techyness.

As screenshot of the error(s), a copy of your dxdiag.txt file, and a link to a published Speccy report taken while you are having the issues.
    (Remember to use the [code] tags for the dxdiag info and to remove any trademark characters so it doesn't get cut off.) (CODE tag is the # symbol in the editor.)

no need to schedule a session with teamviewer to fix it, we just need you to give us something we can work with.

And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Xaleb - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    speccy:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/fJ1gRM1t8L7cie3cwJXvU1A

dxdiag:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?m5wbxj5t00dmpnu

I think her video chipset simply cant handle it, yet it has before in the past before some reason, if there is a driver i dont have please obtain it, thanks.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Yep, before the Decent update that brought improved graphics and the Dx9.0c spec, it was playable on that system, but just barely. Now it's not playable because that video chipset does not support the requirements of the engine anymore.

And unfortunately, it's a laptop, so simply getting a cheap video card to drop into an AGP slot isn't an option either. Sadly, it's way past time to upgrade to a new system. That system pretty much can't play any game made since 2006, and about half of what was released after 2004.

And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith