Diamond Charm

Options
Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Suggestion Box
PWI needs to make a larger charm for high hp toons. Especially end game toons with lots of hp. I can easily run through 2 charms in NW. I suggest PWI make a Diamond Charm with 3.5-4m hp. On a toon like my barb, my current hp is 27k, thats unsharded, unrefined r9s3, 4 vit stones in my robe, 1 in my 4 sock nirvi helm. By end game, I should have in the range of 40k +/-. Hp pots do not work for me at the moment during NW. My charm ticks too fast for that. It would be great to have a higher hp charm that can at least last 2 times longer and tick much less. It can even be made on a requesite lvl basis, say, 99+.
R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
Post edited by Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Dun be stealing MY IDEA!

SEE! b:angry

CREATE a bigger and better charm... a DIAMOND charm! b:cool Diamond HP Charm = 3,600,000 hps & Diamond MP Charm = 5,400,000 mps and make them 7.5 gold

PS. oh yeah... and nixe dem **** 10 & 15k ones from lucid b:scorn

oooh... urs was first *grumble grumble*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Dun be stealing MY IDEA!

SEE! b:angry

CREATE a bigger and better charm... a DIAMOND charm! b:cool Diamond HP Charm = 3,600,000 hps & Diamond MP Charm = 5,400,000 mps and make them 7.5 gold

PS. oh yeah... and nixe dem **** 10 & 15k ones from lucid b:scorn

oooh... urs was first *grumble grumble*

lol didn't even know someone else suggested it. Good idea lol
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    lol swiss posted 20min earlier.

Yeah its mostly for convenience but a bigger charm would be nice not gonna say add something like the private servers with 40mil HP charm ofc lol.

Also make plat charms buy-able in event boutique since i got through 2-3 silvers in 1 NW it would make it much easier imo.
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    Options
    lol didn't even know someone else suggested it. => Good idea <= lol

You're just biased b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    If they sale a bigger charm it will be more expensive so at the end that will do the same thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited February 2013
    Options
    If they sale a bigger charm it will be more expensive so at the end that will do the same thing.

Not really.

6 GOld = 1.5m hp charm

8 Gold = 4-5m hp charm

We talking almost triple the hp for 2 gold more. It'll never happen, but wishful thinking.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Not really.

6 GOld = 1.5m hp charm

8 Gold = 4-5m hp charm

We talking almost triple the hp for 2 gold more. It'll never happen, but wishful thinking.

Knowing PWI if they do a 5m charm they are enough ''PWI'' to sell it 20 golds. Cause if they do like you say no one will buy the ''baby'' charm anymore and people will have big charm that last longer, less charm sold, less money for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Knowing PWI if they do a 5m charm they are enough ''PWI'' to sell it 20 golds. Cause if they do like you say no one will buy the ''baby'' charm anymore and people will have big charm that last longer, less charm sold, less money for them.

Just like 10 star orbs. They are only on sale for a limited time. They don't stay in the boutique year round like 1-5 stars do. The 1.5m hp/mp charms are always in the boutique at 6 gold. I also said, they can be requisite lvl 99+, 100+. This would get people wanting to get to 99-100, which in turn forces people to need better gear,

better gear = rank 9/nirvana

whcih brings more money to pwi.

Win win
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    so let me get this straight, r9rr people ask for a discount in charms because their hp is too large?b:laugh
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    Options
    so let me get this straight, r9rr people ask for a discount in charms because their hp is too large?b:laugh

actually, no... its not just the r9rr's that need this. there are plenty of people i know of that simply cant afford charms when you compound costs of apoths, pots, repairs, etc during the course of each weekend worth of nw, then tw, then tw again, possibly another tw and then top that with nw yet again... and this dont even consider the costs of bh's such as delta runs, etc b:shocked...

now if it were just the r9rr's complaining about this, id say "oh well" (cause really, the majority of them got coin coming out of their pixels... i even follow them around and take those coin drops just to make money in pw any more b:cry)... but its not even mostly r9rr's complaining about this or that need this, its a lot of level 100+ people i know from multiple factions on my own server that need something done in regards to charm costs...

the best option is for pw to drop the platinum charms down to 3 gold rather than its usual 6 gold as a new normal basis (ofc scale down prices on the rest only slightly), and introduce a "diamond charm" at 7.5 gold I would think (3,600,000 hps and 5,400,000 mps). I dont see where this would be a bad idea in the long run... unless they extend levels to 155+ and continue coming out with more "more op gears" to up everthing even more... thats definitely more "mores" than i expected b:faint
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    Options
    actually, no... its not just the r9rr's that need this. there are plenty of people i know of that simply cant afford charms when you compound costs of apoths, pots, repairs, etc during the course of each weekend worth of nw, then tw, then tw again, possibly another tw and then top that with nw yet again... and this dont even consider the costs of bh's such as delta runs, etc b:shocked...

now if it were just the r9rr's complaining about this, id say "oh well" (cause really, the majority of them got coin coming out of their pixels... i even follow them around and take those coin drops just to make money in pw any more b:cry)... but its not even mostly r9rr's complaining about this or that need this, its a lot of level 100+ people i know from multiple factions on my own server that need something done in regards to charm costs...

the best option is for pw to drop the platinum charms down to 3 gold rather than its usual 6 gold as a new normal basis (ofc scale down prices on the rest only slightly), and introduce a "diamond charm" at 7.5 gold I would think (3,600,000 hps and 5,400,000 mps). I dont see where this would be a bad idea in the long run... unless they extend levels to 155+ and continue coming out with more "more op gears" to up everthing even more... thats definitely more "mores" than i expected b:faint

well, an easy way to implement it is packs of charms; 1 charm for X gold, 10 charms for 9*X etc
    edited February 2013
    Options

What does, being R9s2, which im partially s3, have to do with needing bigger hp charms? This goes for those that could use bigger mp charms too. When i was tt90-r8 i had 32k hp, fully sharded and refined on all my gear. Now im R9s2, s3 wep, with no refines and no shards and I only have 27k hp. It has nothing to do with having R9. It's the fact that being a barb can be pretty costly. I spend 500k repairs and 2 hp charms after NW. Depending how hard I play, it can sometimes be 2.5 hp charms.

HT charm costs in shops were 8.5-10.5m a charm. What NW gives you, doesn't come close to repaying that. It wouldn't hurt to have a 5m hp charm or mp for mag classes. If I had a charm like that, I can run nw and still only have used about 3/4's of it.

And those that have R9s3, are not always rich. I paid for most my R9 and merchanted the rest, farmed to make summerwind tokens with NW, and of course have to farm warsong and lunar for badges and molds. That doesn't make someone rich. We do have to work for our gear too.
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options

<---11k Base with normal TT99 APS **** gear and +5 refines of some lol don't need R9RR to have high HP so stereotyping eh.

Barbs would enoy large charms for TW iv knows some to go through 4-5 plats in 1 3 hour TW so it would help them save hassle like if a charm dies while on crystal and such and less inv space. =P
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
    edited February 2013
    Options
    <---11k Base with normal TT99 APS **** gear and +5 refines of some lol don't need R9RR to have high HP so stereotyping eh.

Barbs would enoy large charms for TW iv knows some to go through 4-5 plats in 1 3 hour TW so it would help them save hassle like if a charm dies while on crystal and such and less inv space. =P

Wasn't even thinking about inventory space....good point. And I agree 100%
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I admit that I was unecessarily caustic; however, I still dont see why should we have "diamond charms" instead of stackablecharms sold for a discount if you buy a lot of them. In fact, i'd rather have silver charms in an epic sale to use them only when required (pseudo-remove charm). Dunno, sounds a lot more easier to implement and more beneficial for the players. On second thought, the diamond charm sounds closer to the pwi philosophy of charm progression
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I admit that I was unecessarily caustic; however, I still dont see why should we have "diamond charms" instead of stackablecharms sold for a discount if you buy a lot of them. In fact, i'd rather have silver charms in an epic sale to use them only when required (pseudo-remove charm). Dunno, sounds a lot more easier to implement and more beneficial for the players. On second thought, the diamond charm sounds closer to the pwi philosophy of charm progression

Your barb is lvl 9. You can use bronze charms and be happy right now. But, I will guarantee that when you start hitting high hp lvl's and your running through 3-4+ plat charms in TW or even 2-3 charms in NW, your going to be saying "I need a bigger charm". You don't make money in TW so 3-4 charms is all out of pocket, same for NW. If your trying to recast your gear with NW matts, you can't be making enough money to cover charms and matts for gear. Your always going to lose money. It's always out of pocket. Think about the times when charms are selling for 8.5-10m(no sale) and your easily running through 2 charms in NW or more in TW. And by the way hp doesn't generate fast enough using pots in NW or TW, it doesn't keep up with the amount of damage your taking. That's why barbs are tanks. Lets not forget repairs of 190k-600k if your gear breaks. Charm ticks are the worst. The only way to prevent a death is by getting Cornered Beast, and even that will only save you 1 time, then your hp continues to go down. It has a cooldown and can only be used 1 time in 3 minutes. It gives you 40% hp and 2 sparks, and chi, when your going to die.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Your barb is lvl 9.

It's a forum posting alt. In this day, it's even more of a mistake to assume forum level is someoneo's actual level ingame.

And frankly, I could find a bigger charm useful but it depends on the character and what I'm doing. Nothing sucks more than burning a large charm you equipped for PvP in some random PvE **** you don't need a charm for (an area where having a large amount of smaller charms in a manner similar to gold charm bundles of the past would help) but the perk of higher charms is you don't have to maintain them as much in the times you do get the more drawn-out battles due to them providing more charm ticks (so much easier to manage for something like TW or NW).
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited February 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    It's a forum posting alt. In this day, it's even more of a mistake to assume forum level is someoneo's actual level ingame.

And frankly, I could find a bigger charm useful but it depends on the character and what I'm doing. Nothing sucks more than burning a large charm you equipped for PvP in some random PvE **** you don't need a charm for (an area where having a large amount of smaller charms in a manner similar to gold charm bundles of the past would help) but the perk of higher charms is you don't have to maintain them as much in the times you do get the more drawn-out battles due to them providing more charm ticks (so much easier to manage for something like TW or NW).

I agree. In instances like nw and tw it's needed. maybe they should have a charm in the forge that you can get with tokens. It can be a larger hp or mp charm. People can use it like any other charm.