New aproach to NW

rob069
rob069 Posts: 11 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Nation Wars
National war is fun but not random. NW party should be formed inside nation not outside. it give more equal to nation. this not TW.
Post edited by rob069 on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There's a section in the forum for Nation War.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Gonna be moved....
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
    edited February 2013
    I do agree that they should have made so people can't enter in squad. Would have be more balance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• FaIIyn - Lost City
    FaIIyn - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They need to change it now because enough people found the true entry exploit and finally started using it. Not talking about removing gear which only causes you to have less soulforce but does not guarantee where you will end up. This one actually can guarantee that multiple full r9-3 +12 squads can get in same nation. Oh well guess its time to go back into retirement because i am not going to sit and hope for the 25% chance to get in their nation which is lowered because my party doesnt want to lower their soulforce so the combination of the two = 40 tokens with almost 14k contribution....
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wait what?

Well on topic :3 to the OP i guess the devs think the QQ will be so extreme that it would crash the forums XDb:chuckle
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They need to change it now because enough people found the true entry exploit and finally started using it. Not talking about removing gear which only causes you to have less soulforce but does not guarantee where you will end up. This one actually can guarantee that multiple full r9-3 +12 squads can get in same nation. Oh well guess its time to go back into retirement because i am not going to sit and hope for the 25% chance to get in their nation which is lowered because my party doesnt want to lower their soulforce so the combination of the two = 40 tokens with almost 14k contribution....

any peek into the exploit?
  • aluvitar
    aluvitar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The exploit is simple and pretty well known.
    Enter as a squad, once in leave squad and invite others who have not yet entered to your squad. When they enter they will be in your nation. Rinse and Repeat.

I love how the term 'exploit' gets used though... It's a cheat plain and simple. Doing something on purpose to circumvent the way you know things are supposed to work = cheat.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    aluvitar wrote: »
    The exploit is simple and pretty well known.
    Enter as a squad, once in leave squad and invite others who have not yet entered to your squad. When they enter they will be in your nation. Rinse and Repeat.

I love how the term 'exploit' gets used though... It's a cheat plain and simple. Doing something on purpose to circumvent the way you know things are supposed to work = cheat.

That doesn't work. I have had lots of people try it when they d/ced before my group entered. They rejoined our squad when they got back, entered, and got a different nation.

But I do think they should just not allow squads to enter. One squad of super-geared people with voice communications can easily get into battles together and take out a lot of land. Forming squads once inside would even things out more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Adjust - Lost City
    Adjust - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sigh, I cannot understand why so many people are complaining about squads in NW. I mean, Nationwars is a PVP event. We dont rly have alot of PvP events where PvP is the event and not a feature. I can name Territory Wars, Tournament event on Thurday nights and now, Nation Wars.

This is an event where making a squad and working together is required in order to succeed, Not random in any way. So, If you choose to go in alone you are giving yourself a disadvantage.

I also don't believe that removing your weapon changes what nation you are sent into. Maybe your level because of soulforce does but even with a full squad of 105's, it still evens out with everyone else. Nationwars is about going in with what you have, figure out where is best to send your squad and participate in a positive way for your nation. Defend if you have to, branch out if you can risk it.

With the way it works, its nearly impossible to not have one of those OP squads in your Nation. I'm not going to sit here and tell you how we deal with other OP squads seeing as I am a member of one of the "OP" squads on our server. But we always are either the top nation or 2nd and we always run into a squad of equal gear to us.

In NW, it all gets divided. There will be OP squads in EVERY nation, including yours. 10 people in a squad dont break a nation and if there is some imbalance, why blame players when it could be a GAME DEVELOPER issue. So please... stop asking for squads to be disabled. That would be a half-as sed way of dealing with a problem. Instead, try to deal with it now and do what every intelligent squad does; group up with people who can supply you with Buffs, Support, and Assists so you can have a better time participating.
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    Thrieya - Lost City Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sigh, I cannot understand why so many people are complaining about squads in NW. I mean, Nationwars is a PVP event. We dont rly have alot of PvP events where PvP is the event and not a feature. I can name Territory Wars, Tournament event on Thurday nights and now, Nation Wars.

This is an event where making a squad and working together is required in order to succeed, Not random in any way. So, If you choose to go in alone you are giving yourself a disadvantage.

I also don't believe that removing your weapon changes what nation you are sent into. Maybe your level because of soulforce does but even with a full squad of 105's, it still evens out with everyone else. Nationwars is about going in with what you have, figure out where is best to send your squad and participate in a positive way for your nation. Defend if you have to, branch out if you can risk it.

With the way it works, its nearly impossible to not have one of those OP squads in your Nation. I'm not going to sit here and tell you how we deal with other OP squads seeing as I am a member of one of the "OP" squads on our server. But we always are either the top nation or 2nd and we always run into a squad of equal gear to us.

In NW, it all gets divided. There will be OP squads in EVERY nation, including yours. 10 people in a squad dont break a nation and if there is some imbalance, why blame players when it could be a GAME DEVELOPER issue. So please... stop asking for squads to be disabled. That would be a half-as sed way of dealing with a problem. Instead, try to deal with it now and do what every intelligent squad does; group up with people who can supply you with Buffs, Support, and Assists so you can have a better time participating.

Obvious R999 +12 alt is obvious. b:thanks
  • trollworld
    trollworld Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    take out mp and hp chrams in nation warsb:angry
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    People would form squads within the nations themselves anyways via nation chat, thus trivializing this. My squad already has tow other squads that regularly check in with us to see if we're in the same nation, cause we know and trust each other to complete a task without being ****. If squads were removed, I guarentee both the people from my squad and that other squads would actively seek out each other via nation chat every week; that's 30 people, so certainly at least ~5-6 would match up in AT LEAST one nation. That we'd be more likely to be seperated makes little difference as the NW would STILL depend more or less on luck and chance.

The only difference it'd make is that people with good squads would be more subject to chance than before, which I fail to see the purpose of this, given that OP squads are typically OP because they communicate effectively and play as they should. Just two weeks ago my squad beat an enemy squad that was basically full r9 3rd cast +12. How? We did our ****ing jobs and they didn't. They were selfish and sought only to pad their KPD ratio, we actually focused on the task at hand.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • rob069
    rob069 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    !3k and get 60 tokens
    edited February 2013
    rob069 wrote: »
    !3k and get 60 tokens

Someone on my server got 50 tokens with 12k contributions... xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Someone on my server got 50 tokens with 12k contributions... xD

That happened to me...6 NWs in a row I had 8k-12k contribution and got 40-75 tokens.

This of course was due to being in the last place nation and getting based camped by r9r +12 squads...
  • Wampirewoman - Harshlands
    Wampirewoman - Harshlands Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    People would form squads within the nations themselves anyways via nation chat, thus trivializing this. My squad already has tow other squads that regularly check in with us to see if we're in the same nation, cause we know and trust each other to complete a task without being ****. If squads were removed, I guarentee both the people from my squad and that other squads would actively seek out each other via nation chat every week; that's 30 people, so certainly at least ~5-6 would match up in AT LEAST one nation. That we'd be more likely to be seperated makes little difference as the NW would STILL depend more or less on luck and chance.

The only difference it'd make is that people with good squads would be more subject to chance than before, which I fail to see the purpose of this, given that OP squads are typically OP because they communicate effectively and play as they should. Just two weeks ago my squad beat an enemy squad that was basically full r9 3rd cast +12. How? We did our ****ing jobs and they didn't. They were selfish and sought only to pad their KPD ratio, we actually focused on the task at hand.

b:chuckle this doesn't matter .... people need to qq no matter what
    being r9 r9r r9rr it's already a reason to qq cos r9 people found a magical place to get this gear for free .... r9's didn't cs or farm and from here it comes the rage and envy and qq

Btw as long said ... make a squad and learn to play as a squad . This is not nirvana cave or tt where tt99+5 or nirv +5 with g7 should beat everything