edited February 2013
    Options
    Demon psy has plenty of critsb:chuckle
    Gear info: pwcalc.com/ca03cfa26484422eb:victory
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Trololol. Both Tide_Surfer and Longknife agreeing that clerics dominate psychics, which DEFINITELY holds true with what I"ve experienced.

As somebody else has pointed out in one of my forum posts, clerics are never going to be in danger of being labelled the 'OP class', but also in my experience, I seem to have a really strong advantage in many 1v1 situations since the updates to my morai skills.

Despite never being able to pump out as much damage per hit as a number of other classes, including wizard, psychics, or zerk crits from classes which zerk crits, a cleric doesn't NEED to do as much damage. Our healing debuffs do the damage for us ahead of time, so that when your charm ticks, you are only a couple hits from death, instead of your entire hp bar.

Also, a cleric's r9rr set gives extra -channel on the wrists and leggings instead of extra crit, which agains leads to the conclusion that clerics are designed to do more attacks, rather than hitting harder on fewer. (A little bit jealous of that crit, but yeah I do accept that the -channel is definitely much better for heals as well.)

Cleric vs. BM: not even a contest, cleric dominates
    Cleric vs. Wiz: cleric dominates if wiz can't one shot with genie spark
    Cleric vs. Veno: cleric dominates, as long as its 1 vs. 1 (we all know veno is annoying as hell if you can't keep an eye on it)
    Cleric vs. Barb: both have a good chance, because even in endgame gear a barb can one shot the cleric, whereas the cleric can dps the barb using long control skills
    Cleric vs. Archer: slight edge to cleric; assuming fast reflexes from cleric to control the random purges, cleric can hit good damage with either physical or magic, increasing a cleric's ability to kill archer, if the archer is trying to pull the whole Heart of Steel thing
    Cleric vs. Cleric: ummm yeah, send me a message when this fight ends lol. If neither can get hit for more than half hp, this could be a never-ending fight
    Cleric vs. Psychic: cleric holds strong advantage as long as they don't let the psy do their stun>seal lock, which once you know to use the will surge is a pretty easy thing. The psychic must be in black to kill you, which means you get to kill them pretty easily using physical damage from half hp once fully debuffed
    Cleric vs. Assassin: honestly can't say about this one, because I haven't fought the sort of endgame assassins I know exist on other servers. I'm worried about them though because assassins have no problems getting zerk crits using power dash, and those zerk crits HURT. I'd say this one could go either way, reliably so. Cleric will tank a lot of those hits but have trouble pinning down the sin to stack those debuffs
    Cleric vs. Mystic: call me when the fight ends k
    Cleric vs. Seeker: advantage cleric; a seeker needs to use the physical attack to kill cleric, and a cleric spamming plume shell leaves very few openings; nor can a seeker keep cleric pinned down long enough to force plume shell to wear off when he wants it to. That being said, the seeker will randomly charm bypass cleric from time to time, so it could go either way, but seeker is in serious trouble if slept near half hp

Thing in general I find is, a lot of people who don't ever really fight clerics, don't have Belief on their genies. These are all the people I have a massive advantage over. Till such time that they adapt, I will continue to have that advantage, muahahaha...

(Yes I know this was off-topic but I don't care lol)

Aeliah
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Thing in general I find is, a lot of people who don't ever really fight clerics, don't have Belief on their genies. These are all the people I have a massive advantage over. Till such time that they adapt, I will continue to have that advantage, muahahaha...

(Yes I know this was off-topic but I don't care lol)

Aeliah

Also, it's surprisingly easy to will surge the sog. Idk why more ppl don't.