Is this game worth coming back to?

Options
2»

Comments

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I don't know who you have been talking to, but they seem pretty clueless.

First of all, for BHs in the 90s *nobody* cares about gear. You never see a link weapon ad for those BHs. Now, when you get to BH100, occasionally you will see a link weapon ad. I don't bother with those squads because it annoys me and they are few and far between anyway. Most people don't care for BH100 because the BHs are really quite easy if you just work together and don't behave stupidly. Admittedly, it can be a bit harder to get into squads depending on your class (my wiz never gets squads for Metal unless I make one), but I find it quite easy to make them. So many people sit around waiting for someone else to wc that you get a wall of responses most of the time. But I manage to run 8 BH100s a day and I am nowhere near +10 gear. My arcanes are TT99 +5 gear at the moment, and a lot use Morai weapons.

As far as FF goes, that's not something I run but I see piles of squads in wc, mostly in the 90s range and a few in the 80s. Sure, there are also piles of ads for people selling it, but those are meant for the 1-79 range so everyone above that makes squads to run the instance. I can't really see you having a problem here. And if you can't find one, make one... lots of people just watch wc so it generally isn't hard to fill things like that.
    Consider your audience here, Anna. I'd be willing to bet that RT isn't as healthy as HT in terms of population and thus squad makeup. If the month or two I spent on Arch server taught me anything, it's that a less populated server results in even fewer, and worse BH (and presumably FF) runs. Ask 80% of the population on Arch server not to powerlevel and they'll look at you like you've got two heads. -_-;

Best advice I can give Bellarie here is to reroll on an older server like HT or Sanctuary.
    What it comes down to is you just have to give it a try and see for yourself. Don't listen to people that give only negative replies - there are enough of us still playing that obviously the game isn't dead, and some of us find it quite fun without being top geared individuals or spending piles of cash. It is what you make of it.
    This is 100% true though, and it's the #1 piece of advice I give anyone with regards to this game. Take everything with a grain of salt, and try to enjoy the game on its own merits. Peer pressure is bad, kids. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).