What is the best/worst class for NW?

Options
eagle4hawk
eagle4hawk Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Nation Wars
What is the best class for getting supply tokens in NW? I am going to divide this up into 3 parts:
a) Best/worst class for lvl 60-99
b) Best/worst for lvl 100+ (non-R9)
c) Best/worst R9 Class
Post edited by eagle4hawk on

Comments

• KING_OF_RT - Raging Tide
    KING_OF_RT - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    eagle4hawk wrote: »
    What is the best class for getting supply tokens in NW? I am going to divide this up into 3 parts:
    c) Best/worst R9 Class

a) They all suck
    b) They all suck
    c) Whoever has the big wallet
  • eagle4hawk
    eagle4hawk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    a) They all suck
    b) They all suck
    c) Whoever has the big wallet

Thanks for your input but it was a Rancid ****. Gratz on being the King though.

Anyone have something intelligent to contribute?
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Thanks for your input but it was a Rancid ****. Gratz on being the King though.

Anyone have something intelligent to contribute?

Well.. he's got a pretty decent point on the last part. b:chuckle

On a serious note the best class to play would be something with long range. Pick one, R9 it if you can, and rack up some kills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Would personally say that a Cleric is probably one of the worst to play. You'll be a prime target as nobody wants to put up with buffing/healing others.

As for best? Probably an Archer, Psychic, or BM.
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I make so much more when I'm charmed that I'd rather play my 84 archer charmed than my 101 seeker uncharmed. So when the seeker is out of free HP charms from DQ points I play the archer. With the massive Overseer's Blessing buff that under 100s get level isn't as important as some people make out. Biggest problem with playing a lower level toons are those times you quickly hit the the five death limit and get sent back to base which is now base locked. That can still happen on a higher level toon in a battle with unbalanced numbers but doesn't happen as often. My general point is that lowbies can make more money than most people seem to think. I would say that doing a good job of picking battles is more important than gear. For money making you want to joint recently started battles with even numbers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

I would say best in this range is cleric. You can just stay in spawn point and buff/heal people that respawn. You can also sleep a flag carrier when you see one. It will help everyone (you get points too) and you won't die easly unless you met spawnkillers.

Worst one there is a mage. You don't hit strong enough to make any decent dmg to higher lvl/better geared people. Also you don't have many speciall skills that buff/debuff so you can't help much.

Best here is a sin I believe - you can just stealth and kill anyone before they even realise whats going on. Unless you met someone with a reflect on them or a smart player that knows how to deal with sneaky sins.

Worst in this range is cleric - you want to fight now since healing/buffing gets boring but as soon as you get into regular fight you are the 1st target to be killed. Even the best cler without R9 cannot survive being ganked by a huge group of oponents.

c) Best/worst R9 Class

Best R9 class are Archers and Psychics. They will just 1 hit you without giving you any chance to fight back. Also Barbs in R9 gear are pro - you cannot kill them when they get the flag unless you force your whole team to stay near capture point and hit/control the flagger.

I can't say any class in R9 range is worst one. Sins perhaps - as long as they think their gear will protect them from everything and totaly forget about going to stealth when the dmg they are getting is too hard (I seen a lot of sins this kind).
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I don't think any class is necessarily better or worse, but from what I observed, ranged classes tend to get more points than melee simply because they get to hit targets first.
    I can't say any class in R9 range is worst one. Sins perhaps - as long as they think their gear will protect them from everything and totaly forget about going to stealth when the dmg they are getting is too hard (I seen a lot of sins this kind).

I don't really get this statement. Any class could forget to defend themselves if they underestimate their opponent/overestimate themselves.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Would personally say that a Cleric is probably one of the worst to play. You'll be a prime target as nobody wants to put up with buffing/healing others.

As for best? Probably an Archer, Psychic, or BM.

You underestimate a good cleric, I guess just not many people like clerics enough to gear them up. A well build cleric is extremely hard to take down, especially with purify weapon. Can dish out a lot of damage (not as much as other DD's) and also gets points for healing others.

I do however agree that overall Archer or Psychic generally win out in the best class for NW
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited January 2013
    Options
    You underestimate a good cleric, I guess just not many people like clerics enough to gear them up. A well build cleric is extremely hard to take down, especially with purify weapon. Can dish out a lot of damage (not as much as other DD's) and also gets points for healing others.

I do however agree that overall Archer or Psychic generally win out in the best class for NW

Nowhere in his post did he state Clerics weren't able to generate decent damage, simply that being one of the main targets for an enemy team is a pain to deal with. You're so silly Smash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Nowhere in his post did he state Clerics weren't able to generate decent damage, simply that being one of the main targets for an enemy team is a pain to deal with. You're so silly Smash.

Well then he also didn't answer the OPs question correctly then. The post is about the best/worst classes ability to get supply tokens not whether it is a "nice" class to play in NW. Hell if people were worried about being a target in a pk instance then they shouldn't really enter - I am pretty sure most people tab target anyway so any class is going to get some hate.

I may be silly but you still love me.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Well then he also didn't answer the OPs question correctly then. The post is about the best/worst classes ability to get supply tokens not whether it is a "nice" class to play in NW. Hell if people were worried about being a target in a pk instance then they shouldn't really enter - I am pretty sure most people tab target anyway so any class is going to get some hate.

I may be silly but you still love me.

I don't love men, my good sir. Females only past this point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Balmmaker - Archosaur
    Balmmaker - Archosaur Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    First off, people say being a sin or a cleric is good for NW. From the sins and clerics I've spoken with most don't think so.

Being a lvl101 I can get lots of kills. I can stun lock people and kill them then re-stealth. But at the end of the NW: I barely get coins. I'm lucky to break 100 tokens in NW. (I have the fairly standard R8/interval gear build...not crappy gear by any means, just not R9.) I can easily get kills. I can't easily earn many supply tokens.

Last NW I made a terrible 36 tokens after 2 hours. So I totally disagree the answers so far which, btw, don't answer the original question: best and worst for earning TOKENS, not kills.
    c) Best/worst R9 Class

a) Best: Barb Worst: Sin
    b) Best: Psy Worst: Cleric
    c) Best: Archer Worst: No bad R9. Guessing the sins earn the least tokens of the lot tho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Barb I think, I don't play one, but I think since they are more resistant they stay alive longer so more points when attacked and attack, plus they can carry the flag which make them a biggest target so again more points. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I can only speak about the toons I've played but I like my mystic in NW.

Throw plants, heal, stun, knock back, thicket... I tend to get 3x or 4x more tokens on my mystic than on my EP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Based on my regular group of pretty well geared people I'd say archers and barbs do best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

I would say best in this range is cleric. You can just stay in spawn point and buff/heal people that respawn. You can also sleep a flag carrier when you see one. It will help everyone (you get points too) and you won't die easly unless you met spawnkillers.

Worst one there is a mage. You don't hit strong enough to make any decent dmg to higher lvl/better geared people. Also you don't have many speciall skills that buff/debuff so you can't help much.

Best here is a sin I believe - you can just stealth and kill anyone before they even realise whats going on. Unless you met someone with a reflect on them or a smart player that knows how to deal with sneaky sins.

Worst in this range is cleric - you want to fight now since healing/buffing gets boring but as soon as you get into regular fight you are the 1st target to be killed. Even the best cler without R9 cannot survive being ganked by a huge group of oponents.

c) Best/worst R9 Class

Best R9 class are Archers and Psychics. They will just 1 hit you without giving you any chance to fight back. Also Barbs in R9 gear are pro - you cannot kill them when they get the flag unless you force your whole team to stay near capture point and hit/control the flagger.

so sins are the best non-r9 class, but become the worst once they are r9?

nirvana 13 and lower sins do next to no damage on well geared players. add to that that against r9s3 magic classes they just end up purifying their target, and their terrible armor and short range makes them among the worst class to play in nw.

i know whenever i get stunned or debuffed, i hope for some nub sin to come along and try to aps me, 200 damage versus a 10%-15% chance to purify (i dont think we have an exact number on this yet) seems like lovely odds to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I see I've to try go on NW with cleric b:surprised
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    a) non cause their all one shots
    - if you want to irritate others, psy and veno are pretty decent...
    c) Best/worst R9 Class
    - worst id think is a charmed barb. Heard they use like 2 plats or something....
    - best i think depends on the skill and luck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    a) non cause their all one shots
    - if you want to irritate others, psy and veno are pretty decent...
    c) Best/worst R9 Class
    - worst id think is a charmed barb. Heard they use like 2 plats or something....
    - best i think depends on the skill and luck

Barbs can rake in the points though, making up more than enough for more plat charms, that's the beauty of being a Barb in NW, you can soak in the damage, and it only helps you. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I think the OP needs to restate his/her question.
    How are they meant to be evaluated? Against people of the same level only? Or just thrown into any random fights?
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    ehhh

I'd say sin is kinda bad 'cause whenever you destealth, everyone ganks you

XD

well, if I see a sin I'll throw a stunning arrow that way all the time. The sins I see also die almost instantly due to everyone switching targets to gank them at every opportunity
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Personally I love my wizzie for NW. As an arcane I take a lot of damage which gives me points and I deal a good amount too. I'm only level 85 and I do 7k crits on people in NW. In tonights NW I ended up with a little over 5k personal points and 98 tokens in a second place nation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • HOLAKAKA - Dreamweaver
    HOLAKAKA - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Winning nation and I got 399 Tokens on a full DoT, aps sin with r9rr weapon while my brother got 333 tokens on a full r9r with josd+11armors.
    b:shutup to all the anti sin ppl
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    in nw you usually have buffs and chi

assasins have an ede over the unbuffed
    so there they lose

i dont really have the best gear, but fend off 9/10 sin attacks victorious. being one or more sins at the same time
    - the edge of having buffs
    several sins is even easier, since one is gonna trigger arcane defense for sure..

if bramble is there too its even easier.

having a high lvl is fun as well
    i eat detection pots on cooldown and punch all sins 104 and lower out of stealth whenever i can :D

i try to give them fishes a miserable time
    that makes me more happy than getting high rewards

there should be more randomly buffing venos..

ah on topic:
    low lvls are only food and make their team lose by taking a spot for someone who can kill..

best class is archer
    ..this horrible range..
    and first hit purge is so mean

worst class is: yeah. assasin
    i like potato
  • OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary
    OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    At end game worst class Cleric, best class Barb or Seeker.

Though it depends on what kind of fights you can get in. If you constantly get in 7/8 vs 20 fights you would get most tokens as a barb since ull be taking sh1tloads of damage. if you get in 20 v 20 Archers/Wizzies range DD will get more than you as enemy will die before u can take sh1ttons of damage.
  • So_Wet - Sanctuary
    So_Wet - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    hmm at end game i say cleric i dont enjoy it much on my cleric, and for best class for nws ima be totally honest and say sin because stealth is like insurance, just the fact that only sins can see you unless people are potted makes me love nws b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hello World!
    Complete your First quest. July 30th 2009 b:victory
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Options
    hmm at end game i say cleric i dont enjoy it much on my cleric, and for best class for nws ima be totally honest and say sin because stealth is like insurance, just the fact that only sins can see you unless people are potted makes me love nws b:laugh

the average sin takes 4 spells up the butt before he realized he is being attacked despite being in stealth
    (in case they survive as many)
    keep feeling save b:chuckle

i should lvl up to 105.. but doing 100+ solo pv doesnt seem like a good use of free time

potato eats nice fish and bird poops on potatoes head !
    nice fish and chips with white sauce!
    i like potato
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Only thing with sins, is they aren't very good at attacking moving flying targets. Their teleport stun will fail alot in those situations, so it's hard for them to even get a few attacks in before their stun ends. On the ground, they definitely seem to do better. Prodived the target isn't jumping anyways.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I'm really surprised at the responses I'm seeing. I personally think an end game wizard is the best nw class.. purify alone makes us amazing flag carriers, and we are fantastic at taking down other flag carriers. Someone carrying a flag doesn't have genie to protect themselves.. which makes everything other than MAYBE an end game bm in magic marrow sutra spark food. In the past 2 weeks I haven't lost a single nw battle.. and I've been separated from my squad for the majority of the time.. generally outnumbered at least 2:1. I'm not sure any other class could really do the same lol.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I'm really surprised at the responses I'm seeing. I personally think an end game wizard is the best nw class.. purify alone makes us amazing flag carriers, and we are fantastic at taking down other flag carriers. Someone carrying a flag doesn't have genie to protect themselves.. which makes everything other than MAYBE an end game bm in magic marrow sutra spark food. In the past 2 weeks I haven't lost a single nw battle.. and I've been separated from my squad for the majority of the time.. generally outnumbered at least 2:1. I'm not sure any other class could really do the same lol.

nw is less exclusive than high quality tw
    the average person who wouldnt do tw does go to nw
    ive seen tons of uncharmed people
    or those who are halfway prepared and halfway geared, but clearly dont know what they are doing (dying to bramble much?)

i think psy might be better than wizard, adroit
    they still have the mean buffs that seal everyone....
    plus white effin voodoo
    add purify every now and then to it..

i dont think the__sun lost a flag yet..
    since r999
    i like potato