Skill recommendations

Options
neonocturne
neonocturne Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Cleric
Hello, im a new Cleric, started the game yesterday, need some skill recommendations whilst i have limited coin and spirit points? :)
Post edited by neonocturne on

Comments

• Odinna - Dreamweaver
    Odinna - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Hi!

You can find some usefull guides at Cleric Section of this forum and specially a guide for skills including their importance here.

Hope will be usefull b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You so much Silvy for the sig! b:pleased
  • neonocturne
    neonocturne Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    ecatomb is also another great site for looking at your skills. You can adjust the level to see their growth as you level them.

I think I had every skill possible by level 72. Cleric's have fewer and cheaper skills it seems than most classes. You'll continue earning spirit as long as you play so you'll never max out and will have enough to learn every skill possible.

The first priorities you will have are your buffs, heals, and rez. Ignore Blessing of the Purehearted. Its too slow and cost too much mana for a comparatively weak heal. Ironheart Blessing will be your main heal, with Wellspring Surge as a faster instant heal you'll use. Chromatic Heal comes in handy later. You'll also want at least level 1 Purify, leveling makes it cooldown faster so your can purify more often. By level 70 you'll want it at least +6.

Many cleric's neglect Dimensional and Elemental Seal, and until you learn how to protect yourself and avoid aggro or time Purify they should be avoided, but once you get the hang of clericing they become great skills to use, causing the bosses to take more damage so they die quicker.

For questing you will also need Plume Shot and Great Cyclone to be self sufficient at killing.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Attack skills to level:

Plume shot
    Great cyclone
    Wiled thunder (To learn that one you will need to learn Thunderball and siren's kiss, but let them at level 1)

There's also Tempest and Razor feathers, but those 2 with Siren's kiss and Thunderball can wait to be level. (You can take them to level 1 if you are curious to see them)

Healing skills to level:

Ironheart Blessing (also call IH)
    Wellspring Surge

^ Those 2 are the most importants

Than:

Stream of Rejuvenation (SOR)
    Chromatic Healing Beam (CHB)
    Regeneration Aura (Call BB)

Buff skills:

All buff skills should be max as soon as possible:

Vanguard Spirit
    Magic Shell
    Celestial Guardian's Seal
    Spirit's Gift

Than the AOE version of them

Debuff skills:

On that one not everyone level the same first.

Elemental Seal (reduce the magic resistance of the target)
    Dimensional Seal (reduce the physical resistance of the target)

Silent Seal (freeze a target)
    Chromatic Seal (sleep a target)

Other important skills to max:

Purify is really important level it every time you can.
    Revive (Ress) depend on people some people will say to max it as soon as you can while others will say it can wait. So it's up to you, you can level it without make it a priority.

I don't know your level so I wont go more far, but in resume the priority is:

IH.
    Wellspring surge.
    The 4 buffs.
    Purify.
    The 3 attack skills: Plume shot, Great cyclone and Wield thunder.
    Revie (Ress).
    Than the rest.

Eventually you will be able to max all skills.

If you are not sure you can learn the skill level 1 and you will how much often you use it compare to the others skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Silent seal freezes a target. It's not a seal. It's always been rather humorous to me, since the skill is called 'silent seal' yet it neither silences or seals.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray