Can a veno do pulls in FCC?

Liveena - Heavens Tear
Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Venomancer
Hi, just asking question out of curiosity.

Saw an fcc squad looking for a puller on wc, apparently they rejected a veno who volunteer as puller, and squad leader said veno is not a puller and keep wc-ing for puller.

I know that HA veno exist and got good def in both mag and phys especially in fox form, I have seen a veno do mobs pull in FB/BH51.

So can a veno really do pulls in FCC for the xp mobs? b:question
Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
Post edited by Liveena - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    At least for the bigroom mobs, I'd do full room pulls just fine as an HA veno in fox forme even when I had only TT80 and due to defences the mobs hardily even scratched me, /if/ they caught up when I was turning around at all. Normally they can't 'cause of summer sprint.
    I haven't done pulls in halls(and haven't been in FC for like... forever xD), but I would say absolutily, yes it's quite possible. I'd expect myself to be able to do reasonabily sized hall pulls if I actually volunteered/tried to xD
    Thinking outside the box a veno could also probabily do a mass pet pull(do people even remember how to do those p-p) but it'd take a squad that was paying attention to not just get the in-that-case-probabily-not-HA veno killed/it'd be shorter lengthed than traditional how hall pulls are made, but it could be done I'm sure.
    *obligatory facepaw at asking if a veno could do pulls xD* ...*and facedesk/dies a little inside at a person saying a veno's not a puller in any context x_x*
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A Venomancer can do FCC pulls just fine but it depends on gear, level and build.

For lower levels, the Venomancer would have to be LA or HA with good physical defence and decent HP pool to survive the hits as well as a secondary AA gear or good ornaments to survive the magic damage from the magic mob hall. Of course there's always Bramble Hood and Feral Concentration but you never know.

For higher levels, AA build Venomancers should be fine with pulling provided they do have a decent physical defence and a good HP pool. They shouldn't have any issues with magic mobs.

For the EXP room, Demon Venomancers have an advantage due to Fox Form but I think Sage ones would do well too (and can always throw a Holy Path inbetween).

By level 100, a Venomancer should be able to pull without the need of Bramble Hood or Feral Concentration (just AD for the EXP pull and big pulls just in case) and regardless of build. The squad should be able to take down mobs in one or two AOEs anyway.

I've pulled in FCC several times and it's quite fun to do it as a Venomancer. We usually had a Blademaster for the stun and Heaven's Flame and a Wizard/Archer/Psychic (or more) for the major AOE power. Speaking of lvl100+ squads here though.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • SweetAnthrax - Heavens Tear
    SweetAnthrax - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Like others said it's doable but I find it a lot easier and safer with barb or with non-fail bms and seekers.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    with the channel an cast time of feral concentration being reduced a lot with the recent skill update, it should be no problem to fill up your sparks before a pull, fortify> feral > noxious >nova (or nova > noxious) with enough DD coming from the rest of the party, you dont even need a cleric for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    As a 9xer sage arcane in TT green I'm perfectly capable of puling the full room, you may need a crab or two in case you're getting hit but really lvl89 summer sprint makes you fast enough it's a non issue. For lower levels a speed apo should be enough although I guess you may want to use a charm if you're too much on the squishy side...

This is just pulling, while Nova is a big hit it is slow casting and you likely won't survive all those mobs on you unless you have a cleric BB'ing, which is a catch 22 of sorts as you really can't get in range with just proximity aggro, so I'd only recommend doing this if you have something like a Seeker or Archer setting up AoE.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    This is just pulling, while Nova is a big hit it is slow casting and you likely won't survive all those mobs on you unless you have a cleric BB'ing, which is a catch 22 of sorts as you really can't get in range with just proximity aggro, so I'd only recommend doing this if you have something like a Seeker or Archer setting up AoE.

Even then you just need to have some form of anti-stun and a tranq orb or feral or the like. Then you can use nova or nox before running into BB without fear of taking damage. And if you have a seeker setup (Archer can't keep barrage up unless they've glitched it via duel) then you'll lose aggro to the seeker quickly enough. Same for if a BM stuns and HFs after you run in.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    feral is a 10 second ironguard, which is more than enough time for noxios and nova, after that you can run around while the others finished the job, because you will probably have done enough damage to hold agro. cant hurt to throw on a fox myriad near the end of the pull either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi, just asking question out of curiosity.

Saw an fcc squad looking for a puller on wc, apparently they rejected a veno who volunteer as puller, and squad leader said veno is not a puller and keep wc-ing for puller.

I know that HA veno exist and got good def in both mag and phys especially in fox form, I have seen a veno do mobs pull in FB/BH51.

So can a veno really do pulls in FCC for the xp mobs? b:question

On a FC I was, a Veno pulled full room and it was successful :)
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Even then you just need to have some form of anti-stun and a tranq orb or feral or the like. Then you can use nova or nox before running into BB without fear of taking damage. And if you have a seeker setup (Archer can't keep barrage up unless they've glitched it via duel) then you'll lose aggro to the seeker quickly enough. Same for if a BM stuns and HFs after you run in.
    feral is a 10 second ironguard, which is more than enough time for noxios and nova, after that you can run around while the others finished the job, because you will probably have done enough damage to hold agro. cant hurt to throw on a fox myriad near the end of the pull either.

b:lipcurl It's a personal preference thing really, problem with Nova for me is it seals, so in order not to waste the effect you'd need to have the party wait till you cast, which IMO is riskier and does make it go slower. Also, keeping aggro with Nova is not that reliable, especially as your follow up will likely be Noxious. Granted, most mobs should be down after you cast your second skill, but you never really know what's going to happen next with random FCC squads. Also, wouldn't Hood be a lot more effective than Feral in terms of holding aggro/gettig a faster kill?
  • opkossy
    edited January 2013
    Feral is more for the "not die pre-100 while having the entire room attacking you as an arcane veno pulling" thing than for aggro. As a heavy/robe I prefer hood because survivability isn't an issue anyways so may as well boost what my bramble does while I'm killing stuff.

As for Nox and nova, Once you've had your immune nox the mobs, run to BB and whoever's catching/getting aggro and the like, then nova and nox again. That way you get initial aggro and can run into BB safely, plus you won't waste your nova if that's a concern.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    If people who barely know how to play the game (other than frost) say that they can't, they can't.

/Sarcasm

Seriously though, let them believe what they want to, we all know the truth.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Feral is more for the "not die pre-100 while having the entire room attacking you as an arcane veno pulling" thing than for aggro. Fair enough, although it is just as easy to pot/genie heal as it is to use an anti-stun, and for any arcane with a sufficient level they can take a hit or two without dropping half their hp, pretty much a pre-requisite for reliable pulling, this should be viable. Yes, I can see the point a 7x or even 8x arcane could be easily overwhelmed by the sheer number of mobs, but then a squad that's using this veno for tanking is not likely to go through all the mobs before Feral is up anyway. As a heavy/robe I prefer hood because survivability isn't an issue anyways so may as well boost what my bramble does while I'm killing stuff.

As for Nox and nova, Once you've had your immune nox the mobs, run to BB and whoever's catching/getting aggro and the like, then nova and nox again. As I've mentioned earlier, it's a matter of personal preference. I would much rather just run into barrage or vortex, then Nova, and keep both my genie and apo off CD, than go through all the motions of setting myself up to tank which, let's face it, you would only do for bragging rights as it would be very unusual for you to be in a squad configuration in which veno both pulling and tanking is the more efficient/safer alternative. If you've got a BM to to stun/aoe then why is veno even pulling in the first place? That way you get initial aggro and can run into BB safely, plus you won't waste your nova if that's a concern.

Yes, I do realize that with high geared endgame you can have a cleric both pulling and tanking for teh lulz, but then we are no longer talking about tactical or efficient gameplay. It's not that I disagree with you, it's just personally I believe the more you can keep things simple and uncomplicated the better your chances of success.
  • opkossy
    edited January 2013
    Seeker and wiz are the only ones that can setup beforehand if you run right into BB. Archers need to have a target for barrage and it drops when the target dies, so they'd have to either duel glitch it or be in PK mode and target the NPC.

That tidbit out of the way, I agree that while you can do it, odds are you won't be the one doing so... which nullifies a ton of what's being said. All I'm really doing is stating that it can be done and how it's possible to get it done safely, so to speak. Unless you're a heavy/robe veno, doing the place solo, or in a high level squad where it doesn't matter who pulls odds are you won't be doing the pulls either which way. Doesn't change the fact that it can be done. Just means you won't have to worry about it in most cases but will know how to deal with it if you end up in a situation where you do have to perform the pull for whatever reason.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Seeker and wiz are the only ones that can setup beforehand if you run right into BB. Archers need to have a target for barrage and it drops when the target dies, so they'd have to either duel glitch it or be in PK mode and target the NPC.

That tidbit out of the way, I agree that while you can do it, odds are you won't be the one doing so... which nullifies a ton of what's being said. All I'm really doing is stating that it can be done and how it's possible to get it done safely, so to speak. Unless you're a heavy/robe veno, doing the place solo, or in a high level squad where it doesn't matter who pulls odds are you won't be doing the pulls either which way. Doesn't change the fact that it can be done. Just means you won't have to worry about it in most cases but will know how to deal with it if you end up in a situation where you do have to perform the pull for whatever reason.

We agree. If you had to do the tanking I'd even say that for a 7xer BOTH Feral and Hood would be the better option. But as far as the pulling part is concerned I actually do come across this quite frequently. I would say a good 90% of the time this is with a Seeker/Cleric team setting Vortex/BB up. And as I pointed in my first post 89 summer sprint makes it a non issue.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Can a veno pull FC? Yes. Thought they don't have aggro skills which in some case can be dangerous, like if there's no bm to stun, no seek and barb than it's risky cause the AOE DD risk to die, but it's for low FC, if there's enough power DD to kill the mobs in less than 5 seconds than it can work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute