Time for new PvE content?

2»

Comments

• Tailla_Xx - Raging Tide
    Tailla_Xx - Raging Tide Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Like many people said above, they should increase PvE content that has nothing to do with events. Most of the stuff in this game are events. That is the wrong way of dealing with it. You are dependent on time and for those from Europe (e.g. me), it is impossible to do those events. (unless we wake up at 3am in the morning to do NW, but that's kinda sick) They should look to other MMORPG's where you can actually log in to the game, and start playing. You don't have to search for squad and shout in world chat!

But PWI should do things like this:

- Make new farm-content that is squad independent:
    And not only for gear, but to actually make coins!

- Make PK-area's where you can fight eachother 6 vs 6, 4 vs 4, 2 vs 2, 1 vs 1:
    --> Make a ranking system.
    --> Reward system that is INDEPENDANT from a fix time (so no event or something)

- Make more dynamic quests!
    So no stuff like: Go kill 20 Pony's and bring them back to Tailor Potter!
    Everyone loves the old-school questing, but you have to make it fun!

- All things don't have to take an entire hour: like Warsong.

- The point is: people should be able to log in for like 10 minutes, go somewhere and immediately start to having fun!

This game, Perfect World, has ALOT of potential, and I know that the developpers are capable of realizing the above mentioned items. They have proven in the past with stuff like Morai, that they actually are capable of adding new stuff. Morai was a good start! Now move on, and give new reasons for everyone (100+ players and low-levels) to actually play this game again, and tell their friends to join!

b:surrender
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Haven't really read the majority of the thread yet but.....

Isn't it kind of pointless to add PvE content when they've taken out any reason to do regular quests aside from the cultivations?

I mean, what purpose is there to PvE when no one is bothering to actually play the game?
    They recently added tones of PvE content/quests for the lower levels, but no one does them because all anyone cares about is FCC to 100+.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Tailla_Xx - Raging Tide
    Tailla_Xx - Raging Tide Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Haven't really read the majority of the thread yet but.....

Isn't it kind of pointless to add PvE content when they've taken out any reason to do regular quests aside from the cultivations?

I mean, what purpose is there to PvE when no one is bothering to actually play the game?
    They recently added tones of PvE content/quests for the lower levels, but no one does them because all anyone cares about is FCC to 100+.

That's not very hard to solve, if you put a lvl requirement. (let's say lvl. 70) on FC, then your problem is solved. :) But indeed, if there is no reason to do quests, people won't. Be they have to give us a new reason :).
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I like this idea. It gets a lot harder to get a squad to run things like TT when everyone is in Warsong farming badges, or in FF. So of course the only people that really profit off TT are the ones that can solo it, and have enough accounts to repeatedly open it on their own.

So why not give us an instance that can be soloed by more than just APS characters? Or at the very least, make TT single mode (and maybe lunar single mode) more profitable.

I also think they should make Rebirth more worth running; all levels of it. Running it below Delta level is unheard of these days and that is sad. And even Delta people mostly only run if they need it for BH or Chrono. I personally love RB, but they really do need to beef up the rewards to make it worth the time (especially after taking away the coin drop). I think a great idea would be to make the bosses give badges, and maybe the final boss could drop cannies/raps to help those that can't do NW.

They should also do something with Nirvana; it is rather pointless as it is. Increase the drop rate to mirror how NW has affected drop price and it would at least benefit those who can't run NW for whatever reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Burgenstein - Harshlands
    Burgenstein - Harshlands Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Like many people said above, they should increase PvE content that has nothing to do with events. Most of the stuff in this game are events. That is the wrong way of dealing with it. You are dependent on time and for those from Europe (e.g. me), it is impossible to do those events. (unless we wake up at 3am in the morning to do NW, but that's kinda sick) They should look to other MMORPG's where you can actually log in to the game, and start playing. You don't have to search for squad and shout in world chat!

- Make PK-area's where you can fight eachother 6 vs 6, 4 vs 4, 2 vs 2, 1 vs 1:
    --> Make a ranking system.
    --> Reward system that is INDEPENDANT from a fix time (so no event or something)

- Make more dynamic quests!
    So no stuff like: Go kill 20 Pony's and bring them back to Tailor Potter!
    Everyone loves the old-school questing, but you have to make it fun!

- All things don't have to take an entire hour: like Warsong.

- The point is: people should be able to log in for like 10 minutes, go somewhere and immediately start to having fun!

This game, Perfect World, has ALOT of potential, and I know that the developpers are capable of realizing the above mentioned items. They have proven in the past with stuff like Morai, that they actually are capable of adding new stuff. Morai was a good start! Now move on, and give new reasons for everyone (100+ players and low-levels) to actually play this game again, and tell their friends to join!

b:surrender

This.
    I agree to a point that we dont need new instances, but rather alter the old ones. FC being the main one. FC is probably a huge source of income for you guys with every new starter (almost) charging gold so he can buy his first fc...that's just wrong. The game was more fun PVE wise back when the tideborn were released and before. Anyone that's played longer than the tideborn update would tend to agree with me.

Another thing. For the pvp servers , events like attacks on arch or the 1k streams attacks can become a bloodbath for everyone thats not r9/ in the strongest faction at the event.

To counter this. I would suggest you do what some of the private servers do. Which is to have the option to turn blue named at leisure, with a cooldown of several hours if you want to go back to PK mode or vice versa. This would make events much more enjoyable for the masses. Those people that just want to get on and do their thing instead of being crit for 20k by 3 archers and a wiz everytime they leave arch.
    Burg is the word
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    They should probably rescue the pve content out there already that is being ignored because of poor rewards.

Public Quest 2 and 3
    Faction Base Trials
    Endless Universe / AEU
    Full RB Delta

Make these things give out some basic badges or maybe supply tokens and people will start doing them again.

Nirvana can DIAF. It's such a boring and lousy instance.

Totally agreed with you ! +1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would love to see that... an instance that excludes 99.99% of the population.

Recast r9 players are not even remotely that rare at this point. b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    They should probably rescue the pve content out there already that is being ignored because of poor rewards.

Public Quest 2 and 3
    Faction Base Trials
    Endless Universe / AEU
    Full RB Delta

Make these things give out some basic badges or maybe supply tokens and people will start doing them again.

Stop making posts I agree with so much, Ast. I wanna be able to actually comment instead of just saying +1.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Public Quest 2 and 3
    Faction Base Trials
    Endless Universe / AEU
    Full RB Delta

Sorry guys but these are not in my eyes is not real PvE events just technically PvE by some peoples interpretation of English language, Do them once learn, rinse and repeat over and over. Very boring repetitive play, much the same as PvP.

I will say it again, change some content to random times, increase the total number of random events and stop announcing events would be a good start as the Environment would then challenge you at every level including your own real life timing of your play.

This game severely lacks the Surprise factor which makes true PvE play fun.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You mean like the bunny invasion event, or the "kill the GM" events they had in 2008? Don't think I've seen anything like that in a long while.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You mean like the bunny invasion event, or the "kill the GM" events they had in 2008? Don't think I've seen anything like that in a long while.

Yep this is exactly what I mean.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I agree with this, and also wish PvE content was made more robust, but I don't want them to make new things, but improve on the things that already are in game. Resurrecting Vana is my #1 wish. I know a lot of people found it "boring" but I still enjoyed it. Time-wise though currently it is not a good investment, and I'd like to see that change.

The best thing they could do for Vana is to give it Advanced bosses that drop g16 molds and give Badges, as they did with the other "farming" dungeons (not including TT). Also they could include Vana bosses in the 100+ bh rotation; we get 1-3ish keys a day anyway, may as well use them. A full Vana takes 1hour to 5 minutes depending on squad make up, so that's no longer or shorter than any of the 100+ bhs on average.

It successfully resurrected Warsong, which few people ever did fully, so I think it's viable for Vana too.

I doubt this would happen though because the trend is towards PvP, and away from PvE. I disagree with this trend, as I'm a mostly PvE person, but I understand there's not much we can do about it.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    I think putting the g16 bades and molds in vana would kill warsong and lunar again, and turn it back into the exclusionary instance it was before. Why would I do badge runs in Lunar when I could get the same thing from vana in far less time? Why would I do warsong for molds when it nirvy would be drastically faster for them? I wouldn't. Nirvana's death has revitalized TT, warsong, and Lunar. I'd like to see vana reworked too, but not at the expense of those instances. But it caused others to be excluded to the point that they had to introduce an entirely new version of it just for one armor type just so other people could have fun too. That is utterly ridiculous. And I for one don't want to see that again. Nirvana needs to be overhauled completely and in a way that isn't broken this time and doesn't kill other instances.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Lalena - Sanctuary
    Lalena - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hmmm..I think there is plenty of existing pve content, but the real underlying problem is the long drudge of going from lv 100 to 105. PW in its 5th year and the max cap remains the same..PW in the last 2 or 3 yrs have flooded the game with many new weps and gear and to be honest theres so much now that its a confusing mess..lv 100+ plus guys just follow the current trend of whatevers considered to be the best gear needed, to me its just masking their eyes to the actual pain of going from 100 to 105.

New PvE content?...well..think how much more powerful weps have become...and how much better armour and accessories are...compared to the earlier yrs...and yet...the poor mobs havent changed none...its they who should be complaining lol....but..give the game a whole new fresh challenge...raise the cap!...to 110...or 120...and activate even standard gear over lv 100 thats been unavailable since year dot...with this of course the pain of levelling up after say 101 must be adressed...either by new instances that give much higher exp rewards..or by droppping the amount of exp needed each lvl..so in essence...i dont think we need any new pve content for existing lvls..but extend the cap..and give new pve content along with that..but address the pain of levelling up along with it..just a few thoughts of mine.
  • //\//iko - Dreamweaver19
    //\//iko - Dreamweaver19 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Lol so many great suggestions....
  • Abelroc - Lost City
    Abelroc - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    To the person that said and the ones that agreed with vana can go diaf I've never heard a truer statement that entire instance was a waste of coding. The instance requires no thinking whatsoever the boss encounters are just more rehashes of bosses from frost and not worth doing at all in anyway shape or form.

Also 100% agree with rescuing the actual challenging content by increasing rewards from it. One of the few things most players never fully complete in this game is a full lvl 100 celestial sage/demon culti, merely cause gv as its still one of the more challenging encounters that require's the players to actually think through each wave.

I do think we need a higher difficulty in order to progress with the increase in equipment quality and capability how ever the current rewards are far lacking that of what they should be for the instance as is. Typically you can make a bit of profit after you pay the cost of running the instance in the first place but not nearly what it should be for the amount of time and effort it takes into doing a full gv run.

This goes for public quests as well the lower one is alright as most are frosting till their eye's bleed as it is through the 80s'-90s to 100, 101 and so on so it wont get much attention unless its got something in it for that player lvl range thats gonna make it outweigh running a frost in the frist place.

There's a multitude of idea's I could get into about the pve content of this game and way's to improve it and actually make alot more of it enjoyable one of the biggest steps forward I think pwi made was when in aeu it changes each time the way its done HOWEVER not realy enough the final boss still does exact same thing every time nothing new which basically turns the fight into res the dead when they die rest of you DD and tank and spank.

Boss encounters alone need a massive revamping some of the bosses are so awsome and sick looking but alls they do is 2 different things during the 20 seconds the fight lasts and they become so predictable some players have it down to a T to avoid having to put forth any effort at all (Not that I'm knocking the ones that can do this it takes time and practice but) I'd rather have a challenge, something that made me feel like "wow that was fun almost got my *** handed to me for a second but worked my way through it". Anyway's just some food for though off to perv databases and what nots.

Btw did notice one thing those saying to change vana to reflect that of nw would only serve to over flow the market as well even more cause those that run nw would be running nv as well only way I could see it working is if you could get an item (Like the nv key's) that allowed you to run the increased rate nv on the pretence that you were unable to attend nw so basically you make it to nw no nv increased drops you dont make it to nw you can go on a couple increased drop rate vana runs to help keep the market from basically plummiting.

Srry for the wallOText but blame maint and my drinking monsters :3
  • EbonyKitsune - Heavens Tear
    EbonyKitsune - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    there's so many things that can be done, but i don't know if they're just understaffed or just plain lazy. look at all those glitches in the game at the lower instances. those should be fixed. running TT? should be rewarded based on the number of active people, not the number that opened it. other instances could use that as a base also. solo FF? make it worth more for a solo 100+ but fair for the 85+ that have access in a group.

they need to make instances and PvE/PvP worth your time, not just mindless farming or killing to get what you need to be considered the best. seriously, it's following WoW to its grave with the way it's going at the current time. increase the level and skill caps, enhance the celestial skills for higher levels. ie: demon bell 2 at 109. i see calculations of a hard cap of 150 (sites that help you plan chars offer 150 as level max) so they just have it at a soft cap of 105 at this time.

they have the ability to adapt and enhance this game well beyond the normal spectrum of MMORPGs, the question is: will they listen to their players and make the game better, or ignore us and let the game fall?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    BM: pwcalc.com/51cc5fb4332f4158
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sorry guys but these are not in my eyes is not real PvE events just technically PvE by some peoples interpretation of English language, Do them once learn, rinse and repeat over and over. Very boring repetitive play, much the same as PvP.

I will say it again, change some content to random times, increase the total number of random events and stop announcing events would be a good start as the Environment would then challenge you at every level including your own real life timing of your play.

This game severely lacks the Surprise factor which makes true PvE play fun.

I've always thought this was the major thing lacking in this game. There are so
    many different ways & scenarios that could use that surprise factor. For example,
    I've always thought the mobs & bosses in instances should be unpredictable,
    changing their tactics, their attacks, their movements, etc. Keep everything
    within the scope of the level, of course, but make it where you really don't
    know exactly what to expect from them. I want to see squads fighting a boss,
    and he starts to do something that has them crying "oh, if we only had a VENO!"
    or "man, we really need an archer", etc. Runs now are done so by rote that I
    can't believe players can stand to keep doing them.

I always thought having the chance to get a wickedly good drop from just some
    standard quest mob would add interest. Have unusual npc's pop up from time to
    time out in the world, offering a lucrative quest. Scatter good items around--
    for example, you could be out questing around Misfortune, say, and you notice
    a chest over by some rocks. Sure enough, it's diggable, so you dig--and get a
    charm, or a guardian scroll, etc. Make world bosses spawn totally randomly.

Sadly though, it's not about playing a game anymore really. It's about doing
    whatever you have to do, no matter how boring, just to get stuff so that you
    can obtain/improve your gear. I always wonder, to what end? To stand around
    South Arch, wc'ing about how bored you are? PK'ing the same old players time
    and again? I remember after the first couple of NW's, everyone was so excited
    on wc about their new uber gear, and I asked "now what are you going to do
    with it?" Some replies: "uh, pk I guess", "solo instances to make coin" (and
    I thought, what for?). One frank player said "nothing, I guess. It's just
    cool to have."

I've come to believe that the powers-that-be at PW did not fully realize just
    what they had when they started this game--at least from the time they fired
    the original devs. They envisioned the life of the game, by their own
    estimate, to be 3-5 years. When it became apparent that this game could go
    on for a very long time if they played their cards right, they didn't change
    the original business model from short-term to long-term. They continued to
    apply the short-term model, and consequently, their 3-5 year prediction
    became self-fulfilling. The only thing I can think of to possibly rectify
    the situation somewhat, is to add that surprise factor to the game. They
    don't need to keep adding new instances & areas (I mean, look at Morai! What
    a waste of space. Just stick the Order npc's in Archo & delete that whole
    map). They need to rework/revamp what's already in game.
  • FrostLord - Dreamweaver
    FrostLord - Dreamweaver Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i think if we make aeu spamable it would be better then make it only 6 times a week. we wil gain exp ,influence,apo, and lvl 100books+ it is fun to squad wit 10 people and do this then to do some solo tt or nirvi runs. This way we can lvl and gain coins at the same time and have fun with friends and guildiesb:victory
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think putting the g16 bades and molds in vana would kill warsong and lunar again, and turn it back into the exclusionary instance it was before. Why would I do badge runs in Lunar when I could get the same thing from vana in far less time? Why would I do warsong for molds when it nirvy would be drastically faster for them? I wouldn't. Nirvana's death has revitalized TT, warsong, and Lunar. I'd like to see vana reworked too, but not at the expense of those instances. But it caused others to be excluded to the point that they had to introduce an entirely new version of it just for one armor type just so other people could have fun too. That is utterly ridiculous. And I for one don't want to see that again. Nirvana needs to be overhauled completely and in a way that isn't broken this time and doesn't kill other instances.

If Nirvana only offers one type of mold it wouldn't kill the other instances, seeing as they would still need to be run in order to get an entire set of gear. Perhaps having it only drop weapon molds and splitting them amongst two random bosses (each would have the same drop table) and a vile version of the elder. No essence rewarded upon completion. You'll have an instance that makes farming weapon molds much easier and wouldn't impact Lunar or Warsong too much because of the need for armor and essence.
  • XxxL_or_dxxx - Dreamweaver
    XxxL_or_dxxx - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    waiting for new content