They need to make the clicking of skills more sensitive

MiniST - Sanctuary
MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
I used to attribute this to lag and computer problems, but with a new computer and better internet connections, it seems to be just the game's problem. My hot key skills don't suffer this problem. When I click skills, I have to actually force click down on my mouse for the skill to respond. I know I can kinda solve this with more hot keys, but I'm not gonna relearn which key goes to what without looking again... This is so annoying and sometime I even drag the skill out of the box because the skill didn't respond and I went for another skill too fast. And the next time I click, there is an empty box D:< this is at the worst when using instant cast skills...
Post edited by MiniST - Sanctuary on

Comments

• LosTEscape - Lost City
    LosTEscape - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I used to attribute this to lag and computer problems, but with a new computer and better internet connections, it seems to be just the game's problem. My hot key skills don't suffer this problem. When I click skills, I have to actually force click down on my mouse for the skill to respond. I know I can kinda solve this with more hot keys, but I'm not gonna relearn which key goes to what without looking again... This is so annoying and sometime I even drag the skill out of the box because the skill didn't respond and I went for another skill too fast. And the next time I click, there is an empty box D:< this is at the worst when using instant cast skills...

Sometimes for mouse to work you have to pres on it.
    We will add r9 they said... it will be fun they said...
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I wish there was a way to lock the hotbars so you couldnt accidentaly drag stuff instead of clicking.

When stunned it doesn't accept clicks so you have to spam click on an IG or something a million times to use it when you come off stun. Some of these spastic clicks register as drags which is annoying.

They should make it so you only need to click a skill once and then you will channel it whenever stun is finished. There is no skill in spam clicking things that dont respond.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I wish there was a way to lock the hotbars so you couldnt accidentaly drag stuff instead of clicking.

When stunned it doesn't accept clicks so you have to spam click on an IG or something a million times to use it when you come off stun. Some of these spastic clicks register as drags which is annoying.

They should make it so you only need to click a skill once and then you will channel it whenever stun is finished. There is no skill in spam clicking things that dont respond.

Agreed.

And also agreed with the OP. It's quite annoying!
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Exactly like when you're already casting the skill then you click on another skill/its hotkey and then it registers to be used next, that would be most helpful in a stun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Yep...most games allow skills to be selected as a next in line for activation. That'd be really nice if it was implemented.

And locking hotbars is a common sense thing...almost every game I've played has an option to lock hotbars. It's rather ridiculous that PWI does not.
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    One thing I hate the fact that marrows are rarely instant. For example, I'm tanking a physical boss and I press marrow hotkey then press demon spark. If marrow lags even a little and doesn't activate immediately, and I press spark before the skill has registered, the game completely ignores the command input and skips to spark.

Also dragging icons off the toolbar clicking under stun is indeed annoying.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013

That happen to me on skills and pots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2013

So much this. I've suggested it in the suggestion forums and amazingly, it got buried, never implemented and never heard any more.

BMs have so many quick weapon swaps and chains its hard not to drag weapons, gear, and skills off bars. Especially with how hard you have to click some of the skills to get them to activate.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Sparafucile - Harshlands
    Sparafucile - Harshlands Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ^ +1000 :p
    I have Luke Skywalker on a wibble-wobble; your argument is invalid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.
    Don't call me a care bear; I don't care whether you can bear me or not

Sparafucile: SweetieBot, pple is NOT a word
    SweetieBot: Your face is not a word
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would definitely agree with all suggestions thus far. As it stands now, it sucks more than a college frat visiting a Las Vegas bordello
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013

I wonder how many times I'll agree to this...

Either way it's completely true and annoyingly frustrating. Especially if you're in the middle of (literally anything) and what you're trying to do doesn't happen because the game decides you need to drag your hotkeys around.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Couldn't agree more. I'm always dragging pots and skills off the hotbars and it drives me nuts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I agree with everyone here. Sometimes I even manage to mess up my hotkeys completely and then **** up my timing with things..it's sucks so bad.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I just remembered another thing that drives me crazy...

...jumping...then trying to use skills...

I know it's not directly related to mouse sensitivity but it is absolutely horrible to jump...land on the ground...run 10 feet...and not be able to use any skills still because the game is still registering you as being in the air or whatever.
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    I agree with everyone here. Sometimes I even manage to mess up my hotkeys completely and then **** up my timing with things..it's sucks so bad.

Dont you guys hate when you drag it off...and cant remember what the hell you dragged off? Just see a hole there.... FUUUUUUUUUUU
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Dont you guys hate when you drag it off...and cant remember what the hell you dragged off? Just see a hole there.... FUUUUUUUUUUU

Lol, happens to me, I've resorted to looking at old screen shots to find out what's missing.

The whole unresponsive buttons seems worse in NW for some reason. My leaps and alacrity can take 1/2 a dozen presses before activating, very annoying when holding a flag and enemies are bearing down on you.
  • Fielyla - Sanctuary
    Fielyla - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    yep same prob after last few updates like its made to ping charms and sell auto pot
  • Sparafucile - Harshlands
    Sparafucile - Harshlands Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ^ +10000 b:angry
    I have Luke Skywalker on a wibble-wobble; your argument is invalid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.
    Don't call me a care bear; I don't care whether you can bear me or not

Sparafucile: SweetieBot, pple is NOT a word
    SweetieBot: Your face is not a word
  • ThaSpectre - Archosaur
    ThaSpectre - Archosaur Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    b:cry ughh i hate it when i drag my skills off on acident
    Seeker-A dominant warrior who deftly manipulates a colossal blade; his sword skills are a sight to behold.

[SIGPIC]http://i41.tinypic.com/nya1j6.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • kuroshoppe
    kuroshoppe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yep, I've noticed this getting a little worse lately. Especially when my seeker wants to use unfetter or vortex it takes multiple clicks to get it working. Which can seriously ruin your day :)
    I've got a pretty good gaming mouse and don't have any clicking problems anywhere else so it's in the game somewhere.
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Yes! +1 skill lock on bar!
    And I hate that you have to press a skill more than once to get it to work.
    This has has worse in the past few months I think.
    Or the mobs have gotten a new skill block defense....
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    kuroshoppe wrote: »
    Yep, I've noticed this getting a little worse lately. Especially when my seeker wants to use unfetter or vortex it takes multiple clicks to get it working. Which can seriously ruin your day :)
    I've got a pretty good gaming mouse and don't have any clicking problems anywhere else so it's in the game somewhere.

Yes, the aoes are worse with the skill lag.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing this.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Agreed too. This happens a lot to me too.
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yes indeed it's annoying.

Just to be curious, I played a bit whit my mouse this week. I had it at 1000 report per sec, and I drop it at 333 report per sec.

The click-drag effect seem to happens less. I'm still testing it tonight trough NW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Happens too many times to my BM during aoe grinding.
    I used to marrow, stun, spark, hf followed by spamming aoe skills. and if any of the skills failed to register meaning I can't kill the mobs fast enough before they clobbered my BM to a pulp b:surrender.

Also I didn't chain the skills since I prefer to manually activated them.
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Savor - Lost City
    Savor - Lost City Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Barb's worst nightmare: spamming invoke in TW only to find you drug it off the skill bar and now you are dead. :(
    My main was Susamajii The Lost City Barbarian.
  • wushih14
    wushih14 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    :(This happens mostly when I click Frost Arrow or Elven Alacrity. It
    really sucks when the mobs get to you when there's nothing else you want
    as an archer but for the monsters to die before reaching you. -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Eyes like a sunrise, like a rainfall down my soul...'

Spearena|The blithe demon Archeress

~Signature made by me! XD
  • _Bee_ - Dreamweaver
    _Bee_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    so it's not just me that this is happening to ... When you're the tanking sin and you got no rib strike because it refused to trigger and is now inconveniently not placed on your tool bar bad things have a tendency to happen.

On all my toons though I've lost count of how many times things didn't go up lately that quite frankly with the number of clicks I put into them simply should have.

Why does PWI always break stuff?
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    *petitions* Let's get this fixed!
  • kuroshoppe
    kuroshoppe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The comment about chaining made me think. I've made a couple of macro's with just one skill in them and replaced the original skill with them. Somehow I get a lot less misclicks now. Only have to learn the new icons... Maybe as a temp solution?