File download appear error retry?

icecoldtiga
icecoldtiga Posts: 3 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Support Desk
So I decided to come back to the game, but I already had the game download file from a while back, the descent version before sirens of war. I installed that one hoping i could easily update it as usual. i tried automatic updating and it took so damn long so i thought of downloading and installing a manual patch. It gave me the error "" update listed files error" so i resorted back to using the automatic update and left it on overnight. I woke up to an error message from pwi about something of my limited disk space, so i freed up 6 GB and pressed continue, it went on for a while and then gave me the error " file download appear error retry". I was hoping there would be something im missing that maybe i can do to update the patch. Any help is appreciated, Thank you b:pleased

PS. I have no antivirus and i turned off firewall as soon as my first try.

Oh and the updating files bar and preparing to update bars are full when it gives me the dumb error, i tried restarting the patch, restarting the computer, nothing
Post edited by icecoldtiga on

Comments

• Cyber_Falcon - Harshlands
    Cyber_Falcon - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I to am returning to pwi after a long period of time, and had still had game files from when i played, except I had files from Genesis, I get the same error as listed above, I tryed just direct download from the site in an attempt to see if its just my files and just as I was typing this a moment ago I was doing a manual patch and just got a files corrupted notification and the patcher exited out of itselfb:shocked
  • rhyona24
    rhyona24 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Same problem here..I wanted to play after a long break and I was successfully logged in for a while until my laptop reminded me of low battery (acidentally pulled out power cable) and turned into stand by..when I re-opened PWI it said the exact same like the topic's name..

I (completely new,never been installed before on this laptop) installed PWI yesterday,and I tried manual patching..nothing works.

It also says File Folder corrupted - please veryfy,which doesn't work either. b:surrender *end of knowledge*
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    New systems often have antivirus software pre-installed. Also double-check that you don't have Microsoft Security Essentials installed either.

Personally, any system without a proper antivirus is an accident waiting to happen. So when you do find one, be certain to add the client directory to the exceptions lists.

After having checked all of this, try verifying the files.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • SS_Gohan - Harshlands
    SS_Gohan - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    New systems often have antivirus software pre-installed. Also double-check that you don't have Microsoft Security Essentials installed either.

Personally, any system without a proper antivirus is an accident waiting to happen. So when you do find one, be certain to add the client directory to the exceptions lists.

After having checked all of this, try verifying the files.

I checked and don't see any signs of microsoft security essentials anywhere, I do run Norton Internet Security, I tried turning off Sonar and anti virus while it updated but it still didnt work, I'm almost at my wits end with this, but im not giving up, My version is 604, so im pretty far behind but i'm stuck there
  • Sayori - Archosaur
    Sayori - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I checked and don't see any signs of microsoft security essentials anywhere, I do run Norton Internet Security, I tried turning off Sonar and anti virus while it updated but it still didnt work, I'm almost at my wits end with this, but im not giving up, My version is 604, so im pretty far behind but i'm stuck there

Well,my client is up-to-date,I was already logged in once..and then suddenly it wouldnt work after re-start..Also tried turning off antvirus an firewall at the time veryfying..
    Where there is desire There is gonna be a flame.
    Where there is a flame,someone's bound to get burned.
    But just because it burns,doesn't mean you're gonna die.
    You've gotta get up and try try try.
  • SS_Gohan - Harshlands
    edited January 2013
    Well,my client is up-to-date,I was already logged in once..and then suddenly it wouldnt work after re-start..Also tried turning off antvirus an firewall at the time veryfying..
    I just tried verifying to no avail, I get an error after around 3 minutes, I cant even get to the log in screen for it to tell me my clients out of date, I think I'm going to delete all my pwi files and redownload the whole thing
  • vulfbraedegg
    vulfbraedegg Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm getting the same problem, except the difference seems to be that my version is up to date as of yesterday. There was a server shut down last night and now I can't update with out getting The File Download appear error. I've done all the usual; reboot, antivirus shutoff,etc..
  • aurorapants
    aurorapants Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm getting the same problem, except the difference seems to be that my version is up to date as of yesterday. There was a server shut down last night and now I can't update with out getting The File Download appear error. I've done all the usual; reboot, antivirus shutoff,etc..

Same here...the updater was working fine then last night we had maint and now it wont update for me either. I tried the manual update patches but still the same. It keeps failing and doing the auto retry then failing again. Please let me know if there's a way to fix it so i can play <3
  • SS_Gohan - Harshlands
    edited January 2013
    Last night is when i chose to try to return to pwi, i first tryed updating last night, so it may be the patch, hmmm
  • Sayori - Archosaur
    edited January 2013
    I just tried verifying to no avail, I get an error after around 3 minutes, I cant even get to the log in screen for it to tell me my clients out of date, I think I'm going to delete all my pwi files and redownload the whole thing

My client is freshly downloaded and installed..I dont think re-downloading solves the issue here this time.. b:worried
  • SS_Gohan - Harshlands
    edited January 2013
    My client is freshly downloaded and installed..I dont think re-downloading solves the issue here this time.. b:worried

I'm only retrying it because I had used my old files, then tryed redownloading without deleting old files, so i deleted all of it, this is the only thing I have left up my sleeve with this issue, my brother is also having the same error message the rest of us are getting... b:sad
  • Sayori - Archosaur
    edited January 2013
    I'm only retrying it because I had used my old files, then tryed redownloading without deleting old files, so i deleted all of it, this is the only thing I have left up my sleeve with this issue, my brother is also having the same error message the rest of us are getting... b:sad

Mhh..hope it'll work out at least for you then.My friend has no problems at all,but then again neither my main nor my second laptop are able to update..something's fishy.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My client was up to date and I was online playing yesterday. I have the same issue.
    I have turned off all antivirus software and that has not solved the problem.
    I have tried verifying and that also has not solved the problem.
    I have tried reinstalling and that also has not solved the problem.
    Further suggestions?

oj32j8.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sayori - Archosaur
    edited January 2013
    I wish someone with a solution would finally show up,instead of an increasing number of 'victims'. *drop*
  • icecoldtiga
    icecoldtiga Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I wish someone with a solution would finally show up,instead of an increasing number of 'victims'. *drop*

I agree, i searched all over the internet, no solutions, i searched all over my computer, not a single antivirus program that could stop it, something is really wrong here
  • Sayori - Archosaur
    edited January 2013
    I'd like to blame it on today's patch,but since I played for a while AFTER patching that one that'd be impossible.

I tried to reverse the client back to it's previous patch,but that didn't work either,still the same messages.

At least some information from the admin's side or some technical GM would be nice,don't you think so..?

Also,I repeatedly get those lines in my update file..dunno,might be useful?

2013/1/9 19:32:58Verify files fails
    2013/1/9 19:32:58Download file=./building/textures/38/2dcf.dds
    2013/1/9 19:32:58Verify files fails
    2013/1/9 19:33:18Download file=./building/textures/38/2dcf.dds
    2013/1/9 19:33:18Verify files fails
    2013/1/9 19:33:38Download file=./building/textures/38/2dcf.dds
    2013/1/9 19:33:38Verify files fails
    2013/1/9 19:34:19Verification interrupted
    2013/1/9 19:34:28Connecting to server...
    2013/1/9 19:34:35Folder closed successfully
  • SS_Gohan - Harshlands
    edited January 2013
    I still have 2 and a half hours left until done, the screen shot, thats exactly what i see, i cant find anything either anywhere on the internet, i have a total access to 4 computers in my home, none of which can update it b:sad cant find anything in support for it either, is there a forum mod or gm who knows whats up?
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    ATTENTION.

IF: you are currently at client version 684

Close your game client and open this link:

http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual//ec_patch_684-687.cup

That is the manual patch and it will work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sayori - Archosaur
    edited January 2013
    ATTENTION.

IF: you are currently at client version 684

Close your game client and open this link:

http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual//ec_patch_684-687.cup

That is the manual patch and it will work.

Apparently my version's already 687 and I've done the actual manual patch,too .b:surrender
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    Apparently my version's already 687 and I've done the actual manual patch,too .b:surrender

687 is the current version though b:nosebleed should work
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vulfbraedegg
    vulfbraedegg Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I let the patcher auto retry over and over and sometime in the last 4 hours it finally went through. Not really a solution to the problem, but hopefully the same might work some of rest of you. Good Luck.
  • Sayori - Archosaur
    edited January 2013
    I let the patcher auto retry over and over and sometime in the last 4 hours it finally went through. Not really a solution to the problem, but hopefully the same might work some of rest of you. Good Luck.

My client's doing something weird now (seems to be loading,switching constantly and reeeaaally fast from verify to update files..) after popping up that error message for a few times.I'll let it run over night and see what results it'll bring.

G'night,PWI.
  • SS_Gohan - Harshlands
    edited January 2013
    i finally redownloaded, it opened a notepad again, im going to try that link from earlier now
    ill also be checking this thread until this is solved
  • SS_Gohan - Harshlands
    edited January 2013
    Excuse me for posting twice in a row, but I found a solution and it only took me 10 minutes! Go to your folder for pwi files, the one that has the data packs in it, it should also have the file called install and the icon is an elf, one normal elf and one elf with the admin shield over it, run the one with the shield on it as an admin, itll install the game, verify from there, and itll give you the correct desktop icon, and should put you at version 676, and update to current version in no more than few minutes! Cya in-game! b:victory
  • MexicanAngel - Harshlands
    MexicanAngel - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    thats what i did how did it go for you having trouble downloading the files again for some reason
  • SS_Gohan - Harshlands
    edited January 2013
    thats what i did how did it go for you having trouble downloading the files again for some reason

What I did was first I deleted all files relating to pwi what-so-ever, started a new direct download from the site, waited for that, and in the folder it went to i ran the install as an admin, patched and it worked, this worked for both myself and my brother
  • Sayori - Archosaur
    edited January 2013
    What I did was first I deleted all files relating to pwi what-so-ever, started a new direct download from the site, waited for that, and in the folder it went to i ran the install as an admin, patched and it worked, this worked for both myself and my brother

I'm gonna try that..**** the patcher..mine run all night and is still stuck at the same point I left it before going to bed.. b:angry

Whatever,this means war - I'll solve this no matter what. b:laugh

Es hat geklappt - bin drin :) Hoffentlich bleibts jetzt auch so,ging ja gestern auch erst eine Weile bevor es Probleme gab *Daumen dr
  • satoru2
    satoru2 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am going through the same exact thing. Returned from long break because the expansion looked awesome, turned off firewall, error message still continues to work. I'm almost ready to give up. b:surrender

anybody have any ideas or tips? I think the patch has issues. b:sad
  • _Oleander_ - Harshlands
    _Oleander_ - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This had drove me mad for 5 months. I finally can get back in game!!! Apparently if your connection is not fast enough it will go into this revolving door of an update. I use Wi-Fi so all I did was plug the internet in directly. It worked for me.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This had drove me mad for 5 months. I finally can get back in game!!! Apparently if your connection is not fast enough it will go into this revolving door of an update. I use Wi-Fi so all I did was plug the internet in directly. It worked for me.
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

_Oleander_ - Harshlands replied to a message that was 4 months 4 days 9 hours 34 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

This discussion has been closed.