[Maintenance + Patch Discussion] 1-8-2013 [COMPLETE]

v4liance
v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
Hey everyone,

Tonight's maintenance question:

What job would your character take up after they retired from a life of battle?

Thanks!

- The PWI Team
Post edited by v4liance on

Comments

• v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    PWI Patch Notes v687 - Released January 09, 2013

Localization
    - Fixed the success text after an auto-update via the Patcher
    - Renamed the Veteran Hairstyle to Veteran's Hat
    - Renamed the Parakeep's Top to Parakeet's Dress
    - Clarified the level requirements for the Dreamchaser Pack

Known Issues
    Faction Logos cannot use spaces. This will be fixed in a future patch.
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yay. Let's hope it won't be canceled b:laugh

Ah, question. Mine would be action movie hero! :D
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Don't forget about noting this/the extend x2 thing x3

Eum
    Ven doesn't need to do something retirey, 'e's a foxdeerthingy, they can just stay around and look cute D:
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    RawR! Extend 2x or increase coin drops, Pweezzze! b:surrender

Answer: Working for greedy American companies in Mexico or China because almost all of the jobs left here in American are low paying even with education. I suppose we can thank the government for that though. I Support doing away with IFTA and NAFTA (yeah, yeah, I know it'll never happen)!
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well. Seeing my BM is the only character I RP with...

He would be king according to his story ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • viciousminx
    viciousminx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yay. Let's hope it won't be canceled b:laugh

Ah, question. Mine would be action movie hero! :D

That was all part of the plans of the snowman army.

My character would just fade into the mountain forests never to be seen again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Message Me!Submit a Ticket!Forum Rules!
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    IDK but in my head the elves are one of the more religious races in PWI, alongside the Earthguard. I don't see the humans or TB as being particularly so though. The reason for this being the prominence of the Priest in the lowbie quests and how she is the keeper of their wings. Plus the fact that clerics are clearly supposed to be similar to holy magic users in other games. So my cleric would probably do something with that.

The humans strike me more as the ones that place more stock in what people do and in themselves. Don't see them as particularly religious either. They seem to really care about the crafting arts and such, for example all the blade motifs found throughout etherblade. So my blademaster would probably become a blacksmith or something.

My assassin would probably still be an assassin and maybe work as the elder's guard. They seem to be a very insular and paranoid race who believe in their old traditions and protecting the way of the Tideborn. I can see there being in-fighting over what to do after the wraiths being defeated.

And my mystic would probably just go back to sleep. The Earthguard were Thrahn's chosen warriors and only awakened to protect the Earth. Mission accomplished probably means they go back underground, are wiped of their memories, and will return when they are needed again someday.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    New Patch is here

Don't see anything worth noting, probably localizations as usual.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yay First Page, for the question Romantic Lover !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Darn it, I was too slow for first page. Oh well.

Kit I guess would maybe just pick up fashion modeling. She owns enough fashion to be one. She can be one of those models that always has cute animals in her photos, like puppies. She would live in south archosaur and be a complete gossip with all the other women.

My wiz, probably live a comfortable house-life with her fishie husband with a house somewhere on a lake. Oh wait! A house on the beach near naught as the regular/summer home. Close enough to archosaur for major shopping or something, but far away enough to be in peaceful solitude. The fish husband would like the beach and his wife spending all her time in a bikini and floppy sun hat. Then for a winter home, a house near avalanche village next to that lake. After the war all those nasty spiders should be gone anyway. Just hope the husband doesn't become a frozen fish stick.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    My stone face would continue ruling over the world as it already does.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My barb would go back in his cage while my Cleric would sit in Plume City's throne and become the Winged Elves's Prime Elder b:cool
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Sneaker - Dreamweaver
    Sneaker - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    retire to my fish bowl b:cute
    Sneaker 105 sage sin

"Memory is the guardian of all things"

Cicero
  • Clown_Fish - Sanctuary
    Clown_Fish - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My psy would be a professional comedian.b:victory

Cleric (according to my story) would be a herbalist (uses herbs to heal ppl...most of the time).

Mystic would be a witch......or a gardener LOL b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you for the awesome siggy Silvy <3

Lucy_a ~~lvl 84 Cleric // Clown_Fish ~~lvl 81Psychic // Si_ri ~~lvl 77 Mystic

Request a free drawing of your character: The Fanatics Forum>>>Lucy's Sketchbook b:mischievous
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    New Patch is here

Don't see anything worth noting, probably localizations as usual.

Damn it. Give us the NW patch!

What job would your character take up after they retired from a life of battle?:

An educator of future darkies about how Elves aren't people like the rest of us, and carry a disease specific to their race. We were unable to stop their secret plans to destroy Elysium Village for better access to their terrorist base in Morai. Maybe future generations can stop their further machinations.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • War_Dawg - Sanctuary
    War_Dawg - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I see you posted a maintenance question but never really said if there was maintenance or not and yea extend 2x
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Nemy would probably be a fashion designer or a singer. She's always been creative,, and not afraid to stand out! :)

Zharkai would be a recluse. As a psy she's used to tasking on her own, and she appreciates the nature around her. I can see her living on one of those empty islands near Mist mountain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Cyrusdesu - Sanctuary
    Cyrusdesu - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sadly there isn't really any career for Earthguards after wraith war, once Calling of the Earthguards is over: Its the deep/eternal sleep till next calling, usually strongest Earthguards end up in this state and weaker ones finally able to pass on to next life. b:sad

Well... it possible for Earthguards to avoid that fate just got reach at least demi-god rank which so far only Storm Mistress was only mystic from another order of Earthguards to be still standing strongly, suggested in quest line. b:surrender

As for my veno she will run a pet store. b:pleased
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    That was all part of the plans of the snowman army.

My character would just fade into the mountain forests never to be seen again.

You arent allowed to just vanish into the forests! You have to make frequent visits to come see me. D:<
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Mine will fall into a time portal and will die (crushing a cute tiny horse called Maplehoof who belongs to a certain kid, while falling from the air) Thus leading to the revelation that he was the same man who inspired him to become a Blademaster, and avenge his Dead horse.

And this way, the circle/loop is closed once more time.

This is in honor to the deceased Maplehoof:

Neigh.

b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Retired?

-One would have died in Abaddon after a pursuit that spanned time and space

-One wouldnt be human anymore and would spend her time protecting Misfortune as they rebuilt.

-One would get absorbed into Time while helping stabilize the Chrono Wheel

-And two aren't involved with the war to begin with but provide information and personal assistance with certain matters (and one of them died in doing so as well from the other betraying them)

There are no happy endings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well, my blademaster spent a good amount on a nice set of claws.

So, I figure make use of them in the next career and use the sharp edges to clear out weeds. Specifically of the fish variety, and open a sushi market using Raging Tide as the supply line. Kampai!
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • viciousminx
    viciousminx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You arent allowed to just vanish into the forests! You have to make frequent visits to come see me. D:<

Well I'm sure you could find me in there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Message Me!Submit a Ticket!Forum Rules!
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Well I'm sure you could find me in there.

You said "never to be seen again" but you better be seen by me. D:<
    Making me trudge through the forest to find you. Pssh.
  • Amy_Acer - Heavens Tear
    Amy_Acer - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My cleric would turn into a little genie and follow people at random in arch....

My archer would sit by the old capfire sharpening her arrows telling the kids of the days of old..
    Physically Disabled Gamer ~ I play with nerve damage and loss of motor skills in my whole body which makes it a bit harder to play the game. Yet I have fun and love to make friends.

P.S. If a video game makes you rage it might be time to uninstall it. ~ IJS. b:bye
  • Oishii - Dreamweaver
    Oishii - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My wiz, probably live a comfortable house-life with her fishie husband with a house somewhere on a lake. Oh wait! A house on the beach near naught as the regular/summer home. Close enough to archosaur for major shopping or something, but far away enough to be in peaceful solitude. The fish husband would like the beach and his wife spending all her time in a bikini and floppy sun hat. Then for a winter home, a house near avalanche village next to that lake. After the war all those nasty spiders should be gone anyway. Just hope the husband doesn't become a frozen fish stick.

-sits by the beach on a towel with her floppy hat, watching her husband swim in the waves-
    Honey, when you get out of the water, bring me a martini. b:cute
  • Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would be the swamp witch. >:( I'll give you a potion for a price...
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    so when exactly is this update scheduled to take place tonight? The OP didn't specify. All it did was ask a question and state that the maintenance was tonight.
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • Oishii - Dreamweaver
    Oishii - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    so when exactly is this update scheduled to take place tonight? The OP didn't specify. All it did was ask a question and state that the maintenance was tonight.

The exact same time that every maintenance happens. b:surrender
  • Kyanelle - Heavens Tear
    Kyanelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Damn it. Give us the NW patch!

What job would your character take up after they retired from a life of battle?:

An educator of future darkies about how Elves aren't people like the rest of us, and carry a disease specific to their race. We were unable to stop their secret plans to destroy Elysium Village for better access to their terrorist base in Morai. Maybe future generations can stop their further machinations.

Nice Maelael, nice. Well my cleric would be educating future elves on how to stop Maelael's evil plans. Elves are people, they are just different to you. If we were all the same, then we wouldn't be individuals.

<3 Karma <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Karma will get you when you least expect it. What goes around comes around.

It's called Karma and it's pronouced "haha f you"