So... Another thread about NW. o.o

Options
Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Nation Wars
It's becoming kind of obvious that NW has some rather serious balance issues. Last Sunday, NW was pretty much even for nations. Each nation had close to the same number of players, and the last place nation finished just a few dozen or so points behind the first place nation. Everyone got good rewards, the amount of spawn killing as minimal, only once or twice did nations get baselocked.

Then, last night, NW was totally different. The last place nation had way less than half the points of the second place nation, **** the first place nation, the last, third, and second place nations all were baselocked for sometimes an hour, and those in the last place nation got **** for rewards. There were actual squads just set up to baselock opposing nations bases, I was spawn killed through protection a few times, and really was frustrated through the entire thing.

Add to that the fact that there was a 20v0 war that took 20 minutes to win, which would have un-base locked us...

I think the biggest failure in this game is baselocking. Yeah, it's epic fun to baselock someone, but getting baselocked really sucks.

I'd suggest a means to bypass baselock, it's lame and causes people to quit, which in turn, makes it harder to get out, which then causes more people to quit (last night, last place nation went from 360 players to somewhere south of 280 in the first 10 minutes of being baselocked). I understand that it's part of the game, but when you watch 7 lands that you just fought really hard to win get taken in 20v0 battles, it's pretty disheartening.

To get around baselocking, I propose passages that can be used to get out of the base to non-adjacent lands. Extra travel time, but can be used to avoid baselock.

I'd also propose doubling the number of lands in NW. A larger map would make it take much longer to lock a base, and you would have to hold twice as many lands to actually lock the base, plus the lands around the exits of the passages.

And lastly, I'd propoise either a damage boost nation-buff for the losing team if they are further than x% behind the leading nation in points, or a damage nerf to the leading nation if they are further than x% ahead of the second/third/last place nations.

When it's actually balanced, nobody gets a bonus/nerf, when it's massively unbalanced, it actually makes it more fun for those in last place.

An alternative is to make lands adjacent to a base worth more points, and allow a 40v20 Defender/attackers ratio. TBH, I don't really see this helping as 5-7 R9+12 vit/josd/dot sharded players can faceroll 20 other non R9 players, so 20 R9+12 players would have no problem steamrolling 40 other players in similar situation.

Last suggestion would be to make it so that if X nation is base locking Y nation, the lands around the base yeild no reward at all for base lockers. So, X nation baselocks Y, they get full kill credit/land credit. Y attacks back, gets shut out. X gets half kill credits, no land credit. Y attacks a third time, X gets no credits at all.
101 Sage Sin*/Archer
100 Demon BM*/Barb
96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
95 Demon Wiz/
94 Sage Veno
85 Psy/80 Mystic
And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
*Pre RB level
Post edited by Sarrafeline - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    It's already confirmed that the NW map will get more lands via "redistricting" at a smaller scale.

As for the rest, people are now realizing that you can farm kills when baselocking, yielding more points, especially if you are in a winning nation. You can essentially baselock a nation, and keep them down as they try to push out, but only to be more fodder for those farming kills for a bigger reward, and repeat after the farmers win.

Do that long enough and the nation being farm killed takes a huge hit in credits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Amy_Acer - Heavens Tear
    Amy_Acer - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Cant people just make ONE THREAD... i swear this is like the 3rd NW QQ one today
    Physically Disabled Gamer ~ I play with nerve damage and loss of motor skills in my whole body which makes it a bit harder to play the game. Yet I have fun and love to make friends.

P.S. If a video game makes you rage it might be time to uninstall it. ~ IJS. b:bye
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Would be nice if they added a feature that allows you to attack a territory behind the frontline, but at the cost of double or triple the time to reach it. This would make base lock more difficult, while imposing a penalty to prevent possible abuse. Though considering there was around 320-350 people per nation, it would mostly just allow for alot more people to be involved, instead of sitting around waiting for an opening.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Cant people just make ONE THREAD... i swear this is like the 3rd NW QQ one today

Sure. I'll post something on page 15 in a thread about a different topic, that's filled with BS and bickering, only for it to be ignored. That totally sounds like a winning idea.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Amy_Acer - Heavens Tear
    Amy_Acer - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Sure. I'll post something on page 15 in a thread about a different topic, that's filled with BS and bickering, only for it to be ignored. That totally sounds like a winning idea.

Its all the same topic... People QQing about what they dont like in NW
    Physically Disabled Gamer ~ I play with nerve damage and loss of motor skills in my whole body which makes it a bit harder to play the game. Yet I have fun and love to make friends.

P.S. If a video game makes you rage it might be time to uninstall it. ~ IJS. b:bye
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Its all the same topic... People QQing about what they dont like in NW

Only thing the OP messed up was the title and focus. You shouldn't have to read to the 4th paragraph to find the main topic of the whole thread, and if they had focused on that it would have been worth having its own thread.

So make fun of them for not taking AP english classes in HS, but their thread does have its point separate from the main section.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I was in Sanct's Light last night, and yes, it was certainly frustrating not to be able to get into battles and to have any rewards gimped by coming last. What really ticked me off was that I was doing my job. I didn't get locked for as long a time as most as I was part of the sides that were able to obtain victories, so we didn't get returned to base... Except in the end I joined a battle that was finished not 2 seconds after I entered (literally didn't even get a chance to get my bearings) and got sent back. This was trying to fight my way back to base to try and help in at least slowing reinforcements for the people doing the blocking. Around 5.4k contri for a lousy 33 tokens...

Really, the worst about it was all these lame losers congratulating each other on WC about having locked us so succesfully.

Yes, I do realize a fix is coming but it seems to be taking all too long and unfortunately I cannot even longer argue that baseblocking is counterproductive because the efficiency with which it is being done now means those responsable will actually profit from it. And there really is no arguing with that, however obnoxious and petty those doing the blocking may be, they are succesful, and they are reaping the benefits of their success. And we must understand this is in fact a competitive activity.

It's back to P2Win, and unfortunately this is the price we pay for playing an f2p...
  • OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary
    OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    There are few squads which if even 6-7 of them went in same battle would win against the other 20. The thing why base lock happens in because on the attacker side the best squads mostly base locks, eq, last NW my squad and a vindi squad were in same fight base locking flame together, thats 2 OP squads and the defendants were r9s but not as OP as us. The squads from flame which could have beat our squad (no one could prolly beaten that vindi squad they the most OP squad of server) were probably attacking and not defending. NW is basically people QQ about baselocking but to fight base locks you need to send your best squad to take out opponent best squads, which again with 300 people in a nation can never be possible to coordinate. Since, it cant happen base locking would always happen. If we didn't base lock you someone else would have base lock us and we would have been screwed like in previous NWs.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    From now on, I'll write a book.

Then each sentance will go into it's own, new thread.

there, happy? Ooh, 4 threads already.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    All that needs to be done is the bases need to be moved away from the walls OR add more territories beyond where the bases are so this has the same effect.

Other than that, I think NW is quite fine tbh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    All that needs to be done is the bases need to be moved away from the walls OR add more territories beyond where the bases are so this has the same effect.

Other than that, I think NW is quite fine tbh.

Actually that's a rather good idea.

Put Bases for each nation in the center of the starting nation territory allocations, would be hard (not impossible >.> ) to completely surround a nation for quite some time.
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    ^ +1

If you get base locked you are having tactic and communicate issues with your nation.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47