Apprehensive

HexiKiss - Harshlands
HexiKiss - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Assassin
Hello slicing fish of all things perfect world LOL!!! So I'm thinking about making a sin to break away from my usual magic class act being a cleric/veno is fun an all but it's more or less roles I took up out of necesitiy. In any case after seeing a majority of skai's vids I've been hankering to try an assassin.but I'm not too sure so I just want to hear persona testimonies from people who play the class as their main.is this class everything you expected? Is apartment still a big issue? Can they grind well enough because I'm the rare grind-a-holic a rare sight LOL!!!you know that stuff also on my mind us the archer class after seeing a lot of boogiepanda videos and sticking with my cleric so feel free to way in on those too if you want. Other than that big shout out to skai's for such amazing videos
Post edited by HexiKiss - Harshlands on

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hello slicing fish of all things perfect world LOL!!! So I'm thinking about making a sin to break away from my usual magic class act being a cleric/veno is fun an all but it's more or less roles I took up out of necesitiy. In any case after seeing a majority of skai's vids I've been hankering to try an assassin.but I'm not too sure so I just want to hear persona testimonies from people who play the class as their main.is this class everything you expected? Is apartment still a big issue? Can they grind well enough because I'm the rare grind-a-holic a rare sight LOL!!!you know that stuff also on my mind us the archer class after seeing a lot of boogiepanda videos and sticking with my cleric so feel free to way in on those too if you want. Other than that big shout out to skai's for such amazing videos

I like sin. Then again, I'm a melee-style player who appreciates being in the thick of things and doesn't mind being half dead 95% of the time. For most people who prefer ranged style classes the sin is more frustrating than other classes, like the seeker who combines tankiness, ranged skills, and melee.

I also went from BM to sin, so I had some of my aps gear and some decent refines. Playing a sin is more and more frustrating the worse your gear is, and inversely, prolly more fun the better geared you are. So sins require a considerable investment before they become fun or profitable.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Bm are better grind a holics. I often farm goothe, oht 3 mobs in different spots. As Sakubatou said, sins are too squishy until you get good gear. Once they have the gear, they can solo things like no tomorrow. Personally i have to gear my sin to +8~+10 armour refines to be able to solo 3-x.
  • Azizsixer - Raging Tide
    Azizsixer - Raging Tide Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Pretty much wht the others said. AFTER you invest a lot of time effort and coin into ur sin it becomes a lot of fun....however the workup to getting a well geared sin IS a pain.

PvE is tough until u hit abt 2.22/2.5 aps unsparked which includes R8 and the usual tt99 stuff (just for a price range) and even then refines suckkk.

With typical aps gear and everything @ +5 ur looking at just barely over 6k hp...which is really crappy as most things hurt a lot

Once u get decent gear though! loads of fun :D
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Skai is a poor example of what to expect to be as a sin.

And I mean that as a compliment torwards him. He far surpasses what anyone should expect to accomplish as a sin. (Same for boogiepanda as an archer)

That being said. If you have the time and coin/cash to invest in a sin, it is tremendous fun. You're wanted for almost every instance, and providing you can get 7-8K+ HP Base with good daggers (G15+ preferred, but G13 is a decent option, despite being far outclassed by G16, which is fairly easy to obtain now) you do just fine, and if you know how to play it, can tank almost any instance without problem.

And if you're looking at a PvP perspective as well, G15 with zerk or R9 both outclass G16 Nirvy IMO. Granted, I'm not a big PvPer (though I AM starting to look more into it now that I have daggers custom tuned for PvP)

ANYWAY Back to the ACTUAL topic.

Sin is great if you have the patience and the means to make it worth while. Otherwise, stick with what you have, or roll a psy/wizzy on the same account w/ an account stash.
    Current Gears
    pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
  • SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver
    SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I was a casting class player for many year until I came to pwi. I started as a cleric and later switched to a bm. When sins came out I made one just like everyone did and I loved it until lvl 20 when things got bad. I'll be honest when back to my bm until lvl 90 (all non fc) then decided to try my sin again(notice how easy they killed stuff during bhs)

Just like I say on all these kinds of threads sins suck from lvls 20 to 58. Only until 59 after culti is when they start to shine. I'm a poor player don't even put a lot of time into the game anymore but I still enjoy my sin the best. At +4 gear with g13s I can still solo a lot of things. I don't PvP anymore due to OP r9rrrrrrrrrrrr players and their +12 gear or the same for g16 +12. Still I enjoy pve a lot. I do have tons of alts and still nothing kills faster than my sin which makes farming easy.
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also run around as a R1 seeker named WildFireXIII b:chuckle and now as a Stormbringer named xGrimStormxX, and no I'm not Grim from Kindred