Too much 2x in the second part of the year

Options
BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
Just too much.

September - December between Anniversary and Xmas there are always 2 or more months of 2x exp/spirit/drops while in the Jan - August period there's relatively way lower 2x days.
Its been like this since I joined the game in 2009, there's nearly no exp days in the first part of the year.

I think PWE should re-distribute the 2x periods
.... b:shutup (< Pool's question)
The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
Post edited by BerserkBeast - Sanctuary on

Comments

• XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    XxRagzxx - Sanctuary Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    There was hardly any this whole year tbh. Other than at the end of the year. Was there too much 2x? No. Should it have been spread more out throughout the year? Yes.

2x is a great thing, just there is too much at one time. The market doesn't have time to recover. So either A, you sit on your mats forever, or B, you have to dump them off for too low of a price. Between the time of this 2x, and the last, didn't give a chance for any TT mats to recover the slightest bit.
    Archer Build:
    pwcalc.com/d38eec6e1f27c7a6
    Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/d74f267d3be72784
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I like the 2x for the exp due to my work schedule as it let's me level at a decent pace, and keep up somewhat with friends that play. As for 2x drops, I really could care less about. Never did play MMOs to gain wealth that means nothing in the real world.

But I don't judge people that get enjoyment from gaining in game wealth and I know several that milk 2x for all its worth. There are many facets to playstyles, and 2x is something to look forward to in many ways for different people, but I prefer it like Christmas. Leave it to one timeframe instead of splitting it up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    2x is most likely based off when the holidays come around. I don't think many people would have time for 2x unless its a holiday.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure out the voting options....

Does Yes mean that I agree there was too much, or not enough?
    Or is it about it being properly distributed?
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Cbean - Harshlands
    Cbean - Harshlands Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    i do not agree about 2x needing to be spread out more

i get a lot of mats for TT/dq/crafting or whatever nowabout, and i hold for a couple weeks/ 2 months on a alt, and sell when markets have recovered.
    if there was a week or a couple days of 2x every month or quarter or whatever, markets would be in such fluctuation that it would be very hard to sell my mats at a stable price
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    cbean [cbean]
    noun (see-bee-n)
    1. the shortened term for coffee beans, or the technical term for a group of them
    2. an energetic lively individual
    3. slowest active lvler in the history of PWI
    also, more to make myself feel better than anything else, I would like to point out that I am lvl 70
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    There was hardly any this whole year tbh. Other than at the end of the year. Was there too much 2x? No. Should it have been spread more out throughout the year? Yes.

2x is a great thing, just there is too much at one time. The market doesn't have time to recover. So either A, you sit on your mats forever, or B, you have to dump them off for too low of a price. Between the time of this 2x, and the last, didn't give a chance for any TT mats to recover the slightest bit.

Agreed with Ragz.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure out the voting options....

Does Yes mean that I agree there was too much, or not enough?
    Or is it about it being properly distributed?

Its not about if there is too much or not enough, its about its distribution
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Its not about if there is too much or not enough, its about its distribution
    So then do I approve of the way it is, or of a better distribution method?
    My guess is the latter, but the way your title is and the way your post is written, it is still a bit confusing.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Risen_Tide - Archosaur
    Risen_Tide - Archosaur Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Yes it does need to be distributed better but you're complaining about too much 2x? that's new. If I had it my way it would be 2x all year round...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Playing Archosaur server since June 2010 b:victory
    Marshal of Obsidian
    ~A naked TW is a fun TW~ b:laugh
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I may be dreaming or something,but I would love PWE to have 2x days on every weekend, but leave holidays like xmas with the normal 1x,would help some addicted people to not sit on a PC while they should enjoy the social life outside.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Not enough 3x events.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    The problem with 2x is it's now become a necessary part of gameplay rather than an exceptional circumstance. Instance farming in particular is very sensitive to this, personally I depend very much on single mode TT farming for my own gear and this is simply not worth doing outside of 2x, it is barely even worth it on it. I think drop rates in general need to be adjusted as the mechanics that have become a point of contention generally relate to hyperefficient farmers and we all suffer the effects of the gear power creep when it is only a relatively small part of the community that actually benefits from it. Instances could also be made harder to clear in 5 minutes while still remaining accessible to those with average gears.

We do have a problem when a large part of the game's PvE content is simply not worth doing outside of what should be short lived exceptional events.