can download the pwi installer but not the whole game

Xookami_sanX - Archosaur
Xookami_sanX - Archosaur Posts: 14 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Support Desk
when i click download pwi it works, but after i installed the PWI installer nothing happend. I have test all the things i know but nothing works, i have installed pwi fully for like 5 mouth ago, but for 1 mouth ago when i tried to start it, it was writen like '' a file is missing, maybe if you remove it and install it again it will work'' and i did remove, and now it's not working.b:surrender
Post edited by Xookami_sanX - Archosaur on

Comments

• Xookami_sanX - Archosaur
    Xookami_sanX - Archosaur Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    anyone help?
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would recommend poking around in the forum and reading all the threads similar to yours. Especially read the part about how your antivirus software can eat the client and what to do about it.

If all else fails, then you should post the things that you have tried and what exactly your error is. You should also provide some actual information so that people that want to help you will have something to work with.

As it is, your question is too vague for me to solicit any advice other than what I just said.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • LaYsDiL - Harshlands
    LaYsDiL - Harshlands Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    im having this problem to cant find any threads that can help is there a link where i can just dl it from, a pop up keeps showing when i download direct, since thats the only onw that works the pop up says /the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the appliction/....when i close it keeps poping up non stop..and i checked all firewalls etc if that was the problem bbut keeps poping up so if theres a simple link that may work for me post please, or if somone can help would be perfect ty
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    use the torrent method
    1. Download and install torrent software. (I recommend utorrent.)
    2. Click on the "Download Torrent" link on the Downloads page.
    3. Once the download is finished, go to the directory your completed downloads are in and you will see a file named "PWI_v658_Installer.rar".
    This is a compressed file. you will need something to unpack it. (I use ALZip)
    If you right-click on the file, there should be an option to "Extract to 'PWI_v658_Installer\'". Click that and it will unpack the file into a directory with the same name as the file.
    4. Temporarily disable the active scan for your antivirus software.
    5. Once the file is done unpacking, navigate to that folder. (Hint: It should be "Downloads\PWI_v658_Installer".
    6. In this folder there is a file called "install.exe". Run it. (If you have Vista or newer, right-click and choose "Run as Administrator.)
    7. Follow the directions to install the client.
    8. After the client is done installing, add the directory where it installed to the exceptions list for your antivirus software. (The default folder location is "C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International")
    9. Launch the client using the icon that was placed on your desktop during the install and let it update.
    8b. Launch the client and then close it before it updates, and then download the manual patches and install them. (Manual method is about 80% faster than automatic.)
    10. Play

Read step 1 carefully. >.<
    you have to actually read and follow each step.

And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • killaclownb
    killaclownb Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I got the same problem but my virus protection is finding a Trojan virus in the main DLL file to run the game
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    I got the same problem but my virus protection is finding a Trojan virus in the main DLL file to run the game
    You skipped step 4.

I will say again, you need to carefully read and follow each step.

And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith