Crash when accept trade

Ophida - Dreamweaver
Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Support Desk
I've had a small problem since the expansion in that my game crashes the majority of the time I accept a trade with another character. The client closes completely and the bug report screen comes up. I've submitted a few reports, but given the frequency of these crashes, I really can't be bothered to submit them all. People have told me to trade via squadding with people and dropping the item on the floor for them to pick up, however I am uncomfortable doing this as my internet connection has been unstable recently (see previous thread - turns out it was the ISP) and I risk losing the items if I lost my connection. Any ideas what is causing the crashes and how I can prevent them?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tempest-dw.shivtr.com
Post edited by Ophida - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If you sell a item set a catshop and tell the buyer to buy from the shop and vice versa if you are the buyer tell the person to set the item in catshop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    To clarify, as she's mentioned it a couple of times in Vent - the main issue is when she is trying to trade items from one of her characters to the other. It's happening with all sorts of trades, but if she has to squad with herself and drop the item, then gets a random DC - that could be a rather pricey item picked up by some random person.

It's an odd glitch/bug/thing - I've not heard of anyone else having the issue personally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
    edited January 2013
    Than maybe she can ask a friend to stand around in case she dc. (it's annoying, but safe if it's a friend you trust)

She can still use the catshop thing, she just need to don't do it in middle of west and she should be fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    I'd suggest sending a ticket with as much information as you can.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yesterday i was selling EoD to a person, i traded him 3 EoDs right after the trade was completed he said that he got 1x EoD instead of 3, becoz i'm a sin i can checked his inventory to make sure if he was saying the truth or not but i found only 1x EoD, when i traded him me and he both make sure that it was 3 x EoDs not 1 then we made the trade , suddenly item disappeared he didn't blamed me for anything but it is really surprising and shocking in my 2 years of pwi i never saw succha thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    @ Ted - this bug does not just happen when I trade myself. Trading with other people has the same effect. Any trade I accept has a chance to DC me, regardless of no. of clients open, where I am etc etc. Also, is there any real point to this forum? Every time I post an issue I get told to either submit a ticket or post on a different board o.o LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    edited January 2013
    @ Ted - this bug does not just happen when I trade myself. Trading with other people has the same effect. Any trade I accept has a chance to DC me, regardless of no. of clients open, where I am etc etc. Also, is there any real point to this forum? Every time I post an issue I get told to either submit a ticket or post on a different board o.o LOL

With your post count I thought you was enough intelligent to know to send a ticket, so I give you a solution that other people use, but you seems to don't really care.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sound like a problem with your game files. Try to Verify the game.
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    With your post count I thought you was enough intelligent to know to send a ticket, so I give you a solution that other people use, but you seems to don't really care.
    I'm not sure there was any reason to be rude, Bella. I was simply stating that the solution to every problem I've posted in this forum seems to be "submit a ticket" or "the GMs are more likely to check this forum, post there". Why bother with a tech support forum if that's the answer to every query? May as well call it the "+1 post count forum" b:chuckle. However, in response to your (uneccessary) comment, I am intelligent enough to work out how to submit a ticket, thank you for your concern. Post count does not equate to intelligence (I'll bite my tongue on what I could add there). Personally I like to try to work out a solution to my problems and investigate them fully so that I am certain I am unable to solve them myself before bothering the GMs with something trivial. I know how many needless tickets those guys get through and I don't like to add to the work load unnecessarily. If this is not your preferred method, then that is your choice. There's certainly no need to insult me because I operate differently to you.

As for your cat shop suggestion, I was posting in the tech support zone to try to acertain how to fix the bug (if it can be fixed), not look for work-arounds. I know there are several options available to me to pass items between characters. If all else failed, I could even mail stuff. But that really wasn't the issue I was trying to get addressed. I would like for the game not to crash when I accept trades.

@ Ridelia - I have verified the files. Granted this was a couple of weeks back, but the problem has been there since the expansion so I can say with certainty that they've been verified since the problem began. I've been putting off verifying again for the simple reason that it takes so damn long b:cry I think I might have to finally stop resisting and verify again tomorrow.

Any suggestions on things to try before this are certainly welcome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This forum isn't to get answers from the support staff. In fact, they rarely visit this forum anymore. (You can sometimes find them at http://techsupport.perfectworld.com) The purpose of this forum is for users like me, who are knowledgeable in the client and computers, to help users like you.

With your issue in particular, it isn't an issue with the client because many other people are not having this issue. (If it were the client, all would have the issue.) Therefore, it must be something on your end.

Verifying the files once, almost never works. You must do it twice, and I've even had to take 3 times for it to actually repair all of the damaged files. Also remember, your security software could be preventing files from being properly updated/fixed. Make certain to exclude the client directory from all scans.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    This forum isn't to get answers from the support staff. In fact, they rarely visit this forum anymore. (You can sometimes find them at http://techsupport.perfectworld.com) The purpose of this forum is for users like me, who are knowledgeable in the client and computers, to help users like you.

With your issue in particular, it isn't an issue with the client because many other people are not having this issue. (If it were the client, all would have the issue.) Therefore, it must be something on your end.

Verifying the files once, almost never works. You must do it twice, and I've even had to take 3 times for it to actually repair all of the damaged files. Also remember, your security software could be preventing files from being properly updated/fixed. Make certain to exclude the client directory from all scans.

Can we drop the whole jokey comment I made at the start please? I wasn't serious. I know humour can often be lost in text and this is certainly a case in point. If I want to bother the GMs with this issue I will submit a ticket.

Moving on. I will try verifying yet again. I should expand on what I have actually tried so far.

1. Verified files - didn't work
    2. Reinstalled client - didn't work
    3. Verified files - didn't work
    4. Put up with it for a few weeks
    5. Got pissed off and posted in here (was sorting out storage chars and had to keep reloading clients. Very annoying!). As mentioned in my previous post, will verify tomorrow while I'm out shopping or something.

Thanks to all that took the time to read and think about my crashing issues and submitted any useful suggestions. Shall update if verifying works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com