What is the #1 Reason you drop squad?

2»

Comments

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's not a scam but it IS a complete rip off. Wine for books is fair, they have a tiny droprate. I personally never saw a valuable book drop in the old bh's and probably saved quite a few mil on wine share over time. "Free" Lunar on the other hand is an instant 3-7m profit to one squad member for everyone elses hard work. No gamble like books, guaranteed money. You basically leech off a squad and steal their fair split. However... if people are stupid enough to go along with it, that's their choice and their fault.
    : a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation
    -http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/scam

Saying it's free when it isn't is a scam. Making a squad and then setting parameters after people teleport in is a scam.
    -Any squad where another player is kicked because of not having an OP weapon or for politely informing the squad they're new to the instance. I don't squad with leaders like that.

On par with scammers are people who use poorly equipped alts to take advantage of others.
    -A squad that asks weapon link. By this I mean BH and easy instances. I have a decent +10 weapon, but squad leaders that obsess over weapons are a big turn off.

You're not seeing it from the perspective of a 10k hp / 15k pdef wiz who doesn't even notice any heals from that vit / morai cleric in RB, etc.
    -Squads that plan to charge into their doom. By this I mean things like squads that plan to tank bh69 with a 5k hp axe bm and a mystic. Or squads that plan to run BH Seat or Abba with no one in the squad over 9k hp.

Both SoT, and Aba can be done w/ less than 9k hp.
    Overall I very rarely leave squads though. I've stuck to squads that I was sure could never finish the instance/boss and been very surprised at times and had a lot of fun.

The person that quits w/o trying never learns.
    I don't mind slow squads, I like to play at a relaxed pace. I don't mind how well refined people are. I don't mind players who are new to something if they're willing to learn. I don't mind tanking or supporting or sitting by or whatever the squad asks. After all, the game is meant to be played for the social experience.

Maybe it's because I play 8 toons now or because I'm on ~10hrs a day for 1/3 of the year, but I see most of the poorly equipped players making coin hand over fist and NEVER investing it in their equips for ~2 years straight!

There's also little to no excuse for why not only are people doing BH SoT/Aba wrong, but they can't even stand to be corrected!

I thought asia dumbed down games for usa, but it seems that us citizens can just pay or mooch their way through the game.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This might make me sound picky or something but I do tell right at the start I can squad with "odd squads" (do FC with cleric, mystic, archer, sin, psychic and veno for example), I am usually fine with waiting and stuff.. I am actually very patient. There are quite a few things that **** me off, however.

1. Pavs getting uncompleted in FWS couple times
    2. Someone inviting a 100+ in squad when it's easily done with the normal lvls at there and when there's no problem finding people OR when I am helping out little levels in caves at dead times and they inv another lvl 100
    3. People mocking me if I don't do full pulls in FWS or cannot hold aggro from T3/r9 sin all the time because they DO NOT aggro control
    4. People trying to PK me
    5. People making me feel useless and just there for buffs
    6. Metal mage clerics who don't clearly state out they are only damaging, not healing
    7. "Healer clerics" that go pew pew and forget heals
    8. Long AFKs but I am quite patient with this
    9. Rushers -__-
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Enthana - Heavens Tear
    Enthana - Heavens Tear Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If someone invites a 100+ to a lowbie BH squad when there is nothing wrong with the squad makeup as it is. Get tired of just watching someone else play the game and don't want to support noobs not knowing how to play because they hid behind level 100s for everything. It's getting ridiculous.

This always make me drop the sqaud on my alts.
    People are complaining that too many are powerlvling nowdays and won't learnt how to play their classes properly but even if you choose to lvl the "old school style" by doing bhs there are way too often a high lvl soloing the instances and the people who needs the bh won't learn anything about how to work in a sqaud. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What is the main reason you drop a squad in the middle of a run?

For me it would be if people are constantly yelling at me. I'll drop it like it wasnt nothing and find another squad.

So what's your reason?

Thats EaSy Server DSC is the main reason I drop a squad~v~~V~~v~b:laughb:victoryb:pleasedb:chuckle
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I can't recall ever rage-quitting a squad. Been annoyed once it was over perhaps, but once I join a squad I stick with it to the bitter end.

The only time I leave a squad mid run is if I don't need the instance and a friend or a friend of a friend comes on who does.
  • Nadel - Dreamweaver
    Nadel - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The only time I've ever dropped squad was when I made it explicitly clear, when I asked to join, that I had never been in that specific instance before and the squad agreed to coach me and then proceeded to blaze through without a word of warning or explanation even when I asked questions. Even then I was polite about leaving and felt a little guilty :(
  • SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver
    SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Number One reason for me. Bad cleric. If I'm tanking and I'm the only one getting hit why are you ih the bm or barb. You can clearly see my hp dropping and me potting like crazy to stay alive.
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also run around as a R1 seeker named WildFireXIII b:chuckle and now as a Stormbringer named xGrimStormxX, and no I'm not Grim from Kindred
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This always make me drop the sqaud on my alts.
    People are complaining that too many are powerlvling nowdays and won't learnt how to play their classes properly but even if you choose to lvl the "old school style" by doing bhs there are way too often a high lvl soloing the instances and the people who needs the bh won't learn anything about how to work in a sqaud. b:surrender

The problem with the BH on lower lvls today is that there's almost no people to do them :\
    I also prefer to do BH with people at my lvl, I mean, with the lvl for that BH, instead of coming a 100+ solo it, but if we wait for people at our lvl we will be eternally looking for people... :(
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't get the problem people have with "free" lunar squads. Why would you think that someone would pay the 3 mil for nothing in return? That's a lot of money, it seems quite obvious to me that they pay for drops. If you don't like it, make your own and pay, or make a split squad. People advertise no fee because they know there are a lot of people (like myself) out there that are just desperate for badges, and perfectly happy to come along for that reason. If you want the drops or a share, don't reply to those squads. I used to find it strange that people called it a scam when people advertised "free wine" but wanted drops/books too in BHs.

Stating "free" is them saying that there is no fee to be paid. That is being completely honest, and is not a scam. They did not state "drops are random" and then demand them later.... just ask if you want to know about drops. Though I think it would be pretty rare to see a no-fee squad where the payer doesn't want drops, because who would want to throw away that kind of money (in the case of lunar)? To me it is just common sense to know that if someone else is paying they probably want the drops, and you have the choice whether you want to join in that or not.

Back on topic.

I did leave a squad once when we were all ready to start and then the leader booted the wiz to invite his friend BM. That sort of thing really annoys me, especially when the kicked person has already teleported inside.

I will leave squads for specific bosses if people fill them without getting a suitable tank, claiming some 6k HP BM can tank or something. I have grown quite tired of wiping multiple times at boss in cases like these until someone finally leaves or leader boots someone to get a tank.

Aside from that... mostly I only leave if I am in a squad for something like RB that requires all members there to get started, and one or more haven't shown up after 10-15 minutes of waiting. I have things to do with my time and don't feel like standing around all day for people that join squads when they evidently aren't ready to do BH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So out of curiosity, when people do "free" lunar runs and get the drops, which drops do they get?

- Essence of Defense(s)
    - Tinders / gold drops
    - All Boss drops
    - All Lunar drops (even from mobs)

I'm asking what the common and assumed convention is.
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The only times I leave a squad is if I DC, or I get called into work on my days off. Other than that, its extremely rare I join pick up groups. I have a select group of friends that I squad with, and with them, we can normally make a squad if any of us needs one for whatever is needed.

I will help with lower level BHs if someone is in a hurry for rl reasons. Otherwise, its better to squad with like levels for BHs up to bh69, I don't mind helping on my BM (100), or cleric (90)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So out of curiosity, when people do "free" lunar runs and get the drops, which drops do they get?

- Essence of Defense(s)
    - Tinders / gold drops
    - All Boss drops

When i run free lunar i usually call Tinder and EoD, all other drops are free game (even though ppl still rarely pick up essences so i normally get those as well, if no one bothers pickin em up)
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    People trying to scam like "free lunar" runs but they get both EoDs for a 3m entry fee. Yea right. Also, I greatly dislike people that fill their squad with like 3 veno friends with tt99 weapon, then ask me to come on my sin because they need aps...

Looks like another noob to the world of money making has posted. NOT A SCAM. It was made evident that drops were to the payer, it's another method towards getting them. Your being bashed hard as can be in this thread against what you say so that's proof it's not a scam or rip off as someone else says. If you hate this type of farming method IGNORE THE MESSAGE CALL and stop complaining acting like you even know what a "scam" is.

g, scammed
    (tr) to swindle (someone) by means of a trick

If it was made evident the drops go to payer before you even join the squad, how does the meaning of scam above this match that?

- Essence of Defense(s)
    - Tinders / gold drops
    - All Boss drops

All of that including mold if they desired. It depends on the person.
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Not that I have ever done Lunar, but the only way I can see it being a scam, is if the squad isn't advised that drops go to the payer, but I would assume if the squad leader is paying, then expect them to want the drops. Don't like the squad leader's set up leave the squad before it starts.

I agree also with others, that on lunar runs, you have four choices

1. Join a free one and expect payer to get drops
    2. Join a split pay one, split drops
    3. Form your own squad in fashion of 1 or 2
    4. Don't go on Lunar run.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013

- Essence of Defense(s)
    - Tinders / gold drops
    - All Boss drops

Most of the people I seen advertise it say they only want the EoD although some people claim all boss drops as well. Since the EoD makes up for the fee and then some, I would never join a squad that asked for more than that but if people want to claim those drops and find people willing to give them up because they want badges, more power to them I guess. Dunno if ppl ask for more than that once inside nowadays, just what i've observed watching WC like it's going out of style.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited January 2013
    Most of the people I seen advertise it say they only want the EoD although some people claim all boss drops as well. Since the EoD makes up for the fee and then some, I would never join a squad that asked for more than that but if people want to claim those drops and find people willing to give them up because they want badges, more power to them I guess. Dunno if ppl ask for more than that once inside nowadays, just what i've observed watching WC like it's going out of style.

I've been advertising to faction chat that I will keep all drops, including mob drops. I wasn't sure what the convention was. Most people from faction join for the badges, so there has not been a conflict in interest yet.

I'll keep this in mind if I decide to advertise to outside the faction.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    I've been advertising to faction chat that I will keep all drops, including mob drops. I wasn't sure what the convention was. Most people from faction join for the badges, so there has not been a conflict in interest yet.

Eh, it might take ya a little longer to find a squad but you can do the same in WC probably. Plenty of people out there that just wanna do badge runs, I'm sure.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Indeed, faction/friends and randoms are totally different scenarios.

In the case of faction, we know you are farming specific things and, since we like to help faction mates farm anyway, we have no problem with letting you have drops. If someone else needs them they tend to either ask or make their own run, and we help them as well.

In the case of randoms, I tend to assume they will get EoDs and tinders. If they specifically say they want everything, I'd probably be ok with it since I would be joining for badges, but I'm sure most people would consider it a little greedy. If I personally was paying and had a group of randoms, I would only request tinders and EoDs. Molds I would say would work the same as Warsong - people say if they need it when it drops, or call it ahead of time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Eh, it might take ya a little longer to find a squad but you can do the same in WC probably. Plenty of people out there that just wanna do badge runs, I'm sure.

I form lunars in WC sometimes and claim everything and I never have problems, so I can confirm its very well possible to form and take all drops. Only drops I let others have is the G16 mold from BH vile boss, but everything else is mine.
  • Metalpuritan - Sanctuary
    Metalpuritan - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I left a squad last night that kicked me from squad during a pull in Nix Valley. Funny part, they tried to invite me back after the pull and the mobs from that pull were already dead. I cannot imagine any scenario where somebody would be greatful that they had been kicked from squad during a pull like that. One of them PM'd me asking why I was not accepting the invite, I could not help thinking, why was he too not angry about it?

I do not drop squads often, leaving them in the lurch, it is rude. But then, I never go AFK in squad and always perform my duties to the best of my ability. I know of plenty that do not "do their jobs" though. I often find myself the victim of bad ettiquette thus.

People should never go AFK in squad, NEVER, not unless their kitchen is on fire or they are having a stroke or heart attack or some other extremely life threatening event, not to walk the dog or smoke or even pee, they can hold it, or they can go before the run.

Dailies are just that, they are dailies, we do them everyday and all should be pro at it as such. There is no scenario I can think of where a seat run should take any longer than 30 minutes and that is if the squad is slow. This is just common sense, the minute people start going AFK it causes immedeate problems.
    edited January 2013

Well, it should be noted that I can run Lunar on my own via multi-clienting. This means that I don't have to wait for a full squad. And, I'm actually not looking for help when I form squads. I'm offering others the opportunity to leech badges.
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    erm the #1 reason i drop from squad is normally cos i finished w/e it was we were doing in squad, i've rq squads for other reasons tho ;D
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Undergear people TT90 IS 1 shot in full WS???
  • serenwynna
    serenwynna Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1) People who constantly afk for long periods of time, when it's impossible to progress without them.

2) Aggro stealers or tanks who can't keep aggro/repeatedly don't hit all mobs they gather, even when given advice. I'm okay with one mob missed, I can take that, but I'm talking about people with 10+ mobs on them screaming for heals, clawing away at just one of them. b:surrender

3) People who making nasty comments about other squad member's gear. I know a mystic in tt90+3 who damned well does a better job than a lot of higher geared people I know. She knows her character well and which instances and bosses she can deal with. I prefer to give people a chance to perform rather than kicking them out based on gear.

Out of these I have no idea which is my top, they all annoy me similarly.
  • Nry - Lost City
    Nry - Lost City Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What is the main reason you drop a squad in the middle of a run?

For me it would be if people are constantly yelling at me. I'll drop it like it wasnt nothing and find another squad.

So what's your reason?

i leave squad when i need to reset twilight temple

show me ur ****
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] united we are to the unit of measuring the greatness!
  • Alkrivar - Sanctuary
    Alkrivar - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    serenwynna wrote: »

3) People who making nasty comments about other squad member's gear. I know a mystic in tt90+3 who damned well does a better job than a lot of higher geared people I know. She knows her character well and which instances and bosses she can deal with. I prefer to give people a chance to perform rather than kicking them out based on gear.

This is one of my main gripes about people nowadays, although I haven't encountered it personally, I see so many squad calls saying 'link your weapon'.

It makes me want to pm that person and tell them the gear they have does not equal skill, it just makes the character stronger, knowing your class is the ultimate decider if a person is fail or not. At high levels up to date gear is a must however, but its not what makes a player.

If the gear is 20 levels undergeared or more. Then that's a different story. Gear must be up to date, that's all I ask from people.

2: Elitism. I really don't like elitist attitude of some players over ONE slip up. That would make me drop squad.

3: Cleric gets too much hatred when its not their fault. I'm a barb, but I never blame a cleric for my mess ups, and get annoyed when the cleric gets all the blame from other's deaths, or charm ticks. I don't complain unless the cleric is a powerlevelled baby who refuses to learn their skills or take advice. One thing people have to learn is to take clerics NOT for granted and give credit to them when its due, not always me.

Although, I never left but came close to leaving on some extremely bad cases of these three.