Galvanic Charge?

Options
Lolegi - Sanctuary
Lolegi - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Archer
the skill says: Enhance yourself with an electric current.
Increases attack range by 6 meters and
critical hit chance by 15% between 4 to 8 times,
depending on Soulforce, for the next 20 seconds.

I thought the skill increases ur attack range and gives u a critical boost, but apparently it doesn't. can somebody explain to me what the red text means?
Post edited by Lolegi - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I thought the skill increases ur attack range and gives u a critical boost, but apparently it doesn't. can somebody explain to me what the red text means?

Or it actually increase your attack range and gives you a crit buff.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    it means exactly what it says like kiyoshi said.. next 4 or 8 hits will have higher chance to crit, and the range will be increased by 6 meters for 20 seconds.. galvanic aura has 25% more crit so if u use it u hit from very far away with 70% critrate and u kill many ppl, its 1 of best archer skills for me actually
  • CinnaStix - Harshlands
    CinnaStix - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    The red text says it increases critical hit rate by 15% up 4 to 8 times. Thats exactly what it does. The text right above it says it increases attack range by 6 meters, it also does this too. I've experimented with this skill a bit and found that the attack range is not limited to bows, so in essence, you could attack with claws or fists from 8.5 meters away. If used with stunning blast and claws to kill some classes, purely out of fun of course, as it would be very tough to get a kill in actual pvp like that unless demon sparking. Also, the crit rate is a separate buff from demon STA and Stunning Arrow, and also from Sage Quickshot. In other words, they stack. So if you are sage, you'd get a 45% increase to critical hit rate if you use Galvantic Aura and Quickshot.

I use it mainly against other ranged classes because they can't fight back from their range. Against an AA or another archer, i'd use Galvantic Aura, Aim low and Demon Quickshot, while the other person is out of range for the duration of aim low... if they survive by using AD or whatever they use, i can always stun after and aim low again after that wears off.

One of the biggest benefits i've seen was that it basically is a spark burst in stealth. Takes 2 sparks, but gives one back, so in essence, is just one spark. I'd use it on any fight to gain that essential crit that is often needed for archers to win a fight against charmed seekers, barbs, or high refined BMs.

Another thing to note is that the increase in critical hit rate works between 5 to 9 crits (Galvantic Aura)... so if by chance you didn't crit with the next few hits, it doesn't take away from the amount possible. I usually crit a few times in a row with this.
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I think the confusion is the soulforce part. The more soulforce the more times it will increase crit chance.

FWIW I only use this on opponents that vastly outgear me as a last chance effort. Attack them from super far away and hope I crit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]