updated aps build?

Vinat - Sanctuary
Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Assassin
ok so i quit like over a year ago and recently came back and i'm looking to upgrade assassin gear. problem is i have no clue what's been added or what the stats are or where i can go and look to see, OR how to make any of the new stuff.

my sin's build atm is the traditional/original 5.0 demon build, minus an aps tome. the tt99 wrist/boot/orns with nirvana pants + dagger and r8 top.

id like to have more defense/hp and better damage but still have 5.0 sparked if possible.

any advice would be appreciated, and the more detailed the better.
Post edited by Vinat - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The current aps build for all new assasins who aren't already gemed and refined would be the rank 8 recast pants,recast top with atleast one int and bottom with one int, the 2nd cast nirvy arms (g15), and the lionheart orns with an upgraded r9 ring and skycover. Probably go with the g15 nirvy hat too and of course the lunar cape of your choice with int on it. Obviously love up and down or its upgraded version.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Welcome back, Vinat.

The biggest things you missed are Nation Wars and third tier r9 and Nirvana, and the repercussions of these two things.

First, tier 3 gear. G15 Nirvana, whether its TT or Lunar, can now be made into a third tier for pretty cheap. It just requires duty badges x 60 (20 for armor pieces) that you get from killing advanced "Vile" bosses in either Warsong or Lunar, the mold for the weapon you want, the G15 version of the weapon, an Essence of Offense (about 1m), and 2m coin. So actual cost is really only about 3m for the weapon but requires farming nontradable molds and duty badges. Then 20 duty badges, another EoO, and another 1 mil per reroll. The new weapons have the same pool of add-ons as G15 Nirvana but you get 3 add-ons and the unique add-on is always +40 attack levels. Check out theNetherworld Guidances here. At +10 they have higher dps than most r9 recast daggers and are excellent farming daggers. This means alot more people farm Warsong and Lunar now, and almost everyone has pretty OP weapons.

Nation Wars were introduced and killed farming. Nation Wars is like a 20 v 20 game of capture the flag and then you get contribution for you damage output, damage you healed, damage you recieved, if you carried the flag... When its done you move to another territory and do another capture the flag in these mini-TWs. Nation Wars rewards supply tokens, usually anywhere from 50-300 in the 2 hours period. These supply tokens can be traded in for many different types of mats but most notably cannies and raps. 1 supply token-5 cannies or 1 rap.

So if I get 200 supply tokens in 2 hours thats worth 1000 cannies. Compare that to Nirvana farming where you'd do about 6 runs an hour and average about 1 canny each a run and a rap every 4 runs. Lets say raps are worth 4 cannies so in an hour you'd farm 12 cannies worth, 24 cannies worth in 2 hours. That is about 1/42 the payout of NW, so no one bothers with Nirvana anymore. Cannies and rap prices took a dive (raps from 1.5m to 300k, Cannies from about 300k to 60k.) People are using this to farm more r9, so TT and Lunar have taken a hit too. And now everyone has an OP weapon to farm TT with so its farmed for less.

So, as far as aps gear the only real improvement is r9 recasts and better is a cheaper option, and G16 daggers with -int are pretty easy to get and do insane damage.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well aside from that the average person farming NW without a character already uber geared getting more like in the 20 range for tokens and in the 40s/low 50s on a really good war, or like 90ish/a bit more than that for a pretty good character farming if you don't already have a supergeared character[not the same as ubergeared] you're using to farm for other characters, yeah what Saku said. x3
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    thanks for the replies. i already know about NW and the rewards and how its affected the nirvana mat market and made the dungeon obsolete. i was asking more specific about new assassin gear content.

what i would like to know is:

- which new gears have been added specifically (and by specific i mean not general "g16" "r9rrr" or other acronyms that have absolutely no meaning to me because no one has explained any of it yet.)
    - what the stats on these new gears are (like base stats, g14/15/16, blue stats or add ons, which add ons are static or cannot change and which ones are variable and how many of them are variable)
    - how to make the stuff (not just what items i need, but where do i get the items and how do i turn those items into the other stuff i need, and what npcs i need to go to and where these npcs are. for example, i know i's need cannies and raps to make a summerwind token, but i dont know where i go to exchange the cans/raps for summerwind tokens. )
    - how the stats on everything compares to each other

or just in general any way i can go and look these things up myself in game. pwdatabase is useless unless you know the exact item name (which i dont) and the wiki is just overall uninformative.

i'm not really looking to be a top of the server DD sin or anything, and i dont pk at all aside from NW, which i've already started to lose interest in because the charm cost isnt really worth the return anymore. also i dont have an interval tome and i dont really have 300-600 mil to **** away on a pan gu or love up n down. i have under 1 billion in coin to invest in this upgrade. it'd be nice to be able to work off of what i already have but i dont know if that's possible.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I will expand on what Sakubatou said. You need to farm Netherworld Guidance

The Dark Death Thorn or Netherworld Guidance are what we call g15 weapons. They require the g13 version and +150 raps. You can click on the g13 names to see which weapon you have. I assume your current weapon is bound and the tt route.

If it is barrier thorn, do NW and get raps to make a brand new barrier thorn. Upgrade it to Dark death thorn from the raps.

You want a new clean set, because it will take some time to get your new daggers depending on how often you farm. Don't want to loose current refines, shards.

Once you have acquired your g15 weapon (see above two links). You need to start doing full warsong runs or lunar. Each warsong run = 6 basic badges (first link). Each lunar run = 2~3 badge.

You need to collect a minimum of 60 badges, up to 260 badges.

The final boss in warsong is the only boss in the game that drops a weapon mold (refer to first link) that is required for your g16 (first link) weapon. The last boss in warsong also drops Essence of offense (check first link).

Once you have acquired all those mats, you need to get -int 0.05 one time on your g16 daggers. There are 3 stats that are random, so 1 of the 3 stats can be -int. Consensus is that 1 in 7 tries will result in -int, but this is a luck thing. Some people get it on first try, others on the 15th.

The G16 weapon you acquire will put you down to 4 aps. Since the weapon you made is free. Spend 200~240m and buy a pan gu, from the 1 billion coin. If you don't want to spend money on pan gu, you can farm it by doing full delta runs.

Hope that clarifies things?
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    yes that helps a bit for that particular option. thanks for the details.

but are there other routes to go? are there no g16 weps with interval? if i get the above wep and the pan gu tome will i be 5.0 sparked?

also what about armor? do i just keep what i have or are there better options to get and still have interval?
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    yes that helps a bit for that particular option. thanks for the details.

but are there other routes to go? are there no g16 weps with interval? if i get the above wep and the pan gu tome will i be 5.0 sparked?

also what about armor? do i just keep what i have or are there better options to get and still have interval?

First link = g16 = -int 0.05 5% chance, have 3 slots available, so about 1 in 7 tries to get -int once on your g16 daggers.

Armour wise, there are options, but too expensive, i am happy with my r8, lionheart and ashura set.

If you read the sticky they provide all gear with -int available, see what applies.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    i read the sticky and it does not list all of the interval gear. it lists a bunch of lower than 100 gear which no longer applies and the basic aps build gear which i already have plus two newer weapons which you explained in the earlier post. nothing about newer interval armor, so i am still in the same boat info wise.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i read the sticky and it does not list all of the interval gear. it lists a bunch of lower than 100 gear which no longer applies and the basic aps build gear which i already have plus two newer weapons which you explained in the earlier post. nothing about newer interval armor, so i am still in the same boat info wise.

There was an upgrade to Rank 8 gear, which gives you potential access to three pieces of armor that are G16 and give the same total amount of -interval as Rank 8 top, G15 Nirvana leggings and TT99 Boots.

More specifically, here is the recast R8 chest plate, which has a 1.75% chance for -0.05 interval, here are the boots, which have a 0.16% chance to get -0.05 interval and finally here's the leggings, which you will use to get a 3 piece set bonus for another -0.1 interval.

The materials used to make and reroll recast R8 are available either from Faction Base Trials, or you can use Supply Tokens from Nation Wars to trade for them.

I would suggest checking the Nation Wars-related forges in North Archosaur.

The reason you would want to get recast R8 armors lies in the grade. It's Grade 16, which means better shards and better returns on your refinement. Of course, once you upgrade your boots to recast R8, you lose the TT99 set bonus, which means your best option is to upgrade that to G15 Nirvana.

For some PWCalc, here's a few:
    The new, plain setup
    Same as above, except refined to +10 and fully sharded
    For comparison, here's your typical 5 aps sin, refined to +10 and fully sharded

Of those, the second has 215,698 dps and 28,020 effective HP, whereas the third has 152,189 dps and 28,270 effective HP.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    That comparison isnt really fair, since both sets have the same interval except the dagger and the weapons used are not even comparable
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    That comparison isnt really fair, since both sets have the same interval except the dagger and the weapons used are not even comparable

It's based on what the OP said they were using.

If anything, I'm surprised that the third setup managed to get that close in terms of effective HP. After I fixed it (had the leggings with 4 Primevals rather than 4 JoSD), the setup using TT99s actually came on top. Which I find rather interesting: while you increase your defenses and Defense Level in favor of HP, you actually end up losing effective HP.

However, as soon as you start considering PvP, where opponents have Attack Levels, the setup using 24 JoSDs wins out in both regards. By assuming lvl 101 opponent with 60 Attack Levels, the effective HPs end up being 17,963 and 15,551.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.